Ok so i've had the Blackberry 9360 for about a week now and there's some things i'd like to know..

- Does wi-fi use less battery then 3G?

- If i leave 3G on and set my connection preference to "wi fi preferred" will it always connect to wi-fi first (where possible) or will it only connect to wi-fi if it's a stronger connection than 3G?

- What does it mean by "while roaming" and the options on/off/prompt?

- Also is the "data services" on/off option essentially where you turn off your mobile network connections (2G&3G) and then you can leave it strictly on wi-fi?

I'm thinking of ways to save battery and data usage here...
    Last edited by Hexagram101; 02-18-12 at 05:10 PM.
    02-18-12 04:17 PM
    if youre on wifi, you will lose less battery than when on 3g as long as the service is static.

and it will use wifi regarless if it is connected regardless of what your preferences are.

data roaming while on and off is lets say youre on vacation on another countrys network, thats roaming. you will want to have data off, unless you have an international plan.

If you turn data services off, that turns data off on your phone, even connected with wifi, your data will be off and not received,
    02-18-12 05:58 PM
    How much data is included in your plan?
    02-19-12 01:01 AM
    How much data is included in your plan?
    My allowance is 500MB.
    02-19-12 04:36 AM
    @Fubaz - Thanks.... Ok so what's the best method of saving battery (connectivity wise)?
    02-19-12 09:34 AM
    download 7.1. The new software has a Battery saving Mode
    03-07-12 12:20 PM
    To save battery
    1. If you know won't be using internet for large amount of time I'd switch off wi-fi and set the phone to edge and not 3G saves a lot of battery life.

2. If at a party use vibrate function only as you would hardly hear the ring tone...@ a party I use vibrate function only...and when at home ring tone or some times just led but not all at the same time.
    Also use your discretion about volume levels of ring depending where you are if u want to use it.

3. Check apps are not running for no reason.

4. The blackberry browser has no download manager allowing you pause, restart a download...if u happen to need a file downloaded use uc browser or nuxdownloader that can pause and resume downloads. This will allow to start then pause a download ...so if u knw you cannot get to charge point because you are roaming these apps can pause and thus not drain your battery.
    03-07-12 01:39 PM
    To save battery

4. The blackberry browser has no download manager allowing you pause, restart a download...if u happen to need a file downloaded use uc browser or nuxdownloader that can pause and resume downloads. This will allow to start then pause a download ...so if u knw you cannot get to charge point because you are roaming these apps can pause and thus not drain your battery.
    How would i go about getting uc browser or nuxdownloader? Is it on BB App world?
    03-13-12 11:39 AM
    Also to save battery, turn off the GPS if you're not using it and set the screen brightness as low as you can.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    Hexagram101 likes this.
    03-13-12 02:35 PM
    download 7.1. The new software has a Battery saving Mode
    No new updates are coming up for my BB but i'll keep a look out on that feature, thanks!
    03-13-12 03:11 PM
    Nuxdownloader is avaible on blackberry appworld.
    For uc web browswr go to Download UC product - UC Mobile Ltd.

Once downloaded navigate to: SETTINGS
    Now go to : SWITCH ACCESS POINT and set BIS as default so as not to incur charges...
    03-15-12 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD