I was wondering if the hotspot feature on my phone would run my monthly bill up.
    I want to use my phone as a modem for my laptop,
    I have unlimited internet on my phone,
    But I want to make sure using hotspot for my laptop won't run my bill up first before using it.
    Any help would be great,
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Paco709; 09-25-12 at 11:40 AM.
    09-25-12 11:21 AM
    Never mind,
    Just got a hold of customer service,
    $6/mb.
    09-25-12 12:06 PM
    i had a very bad experience with bell in terms of billing
    09-25-12 10:09 PM
    how did you get unlimited?
    09-25-12 11:22 PM
    i had a very bad experience with bell in terms of billing
    Well with all the stuff I have on my phone,
    My bill usually comes up to $120,
    Except when I use it to talk a lot during the day between bill payments then it might reach close to $150.

What issues have you had with Bell?
    09-25-12 11:47 PM
    how did you get unlimited?
    I called customer support to ask about the hotspot feature & asked if I could use it on my BB's data plan,
    Told them I had unlimited internet,
    They said that wasn't possible,
    I said "Yep.. Got my bill in hand, unlimited e-mail & internet for $30 ( Or $35 can't remember now) a month",
    They were like "Oh...",
    Almost like I shouldn't have it lol,
    But I do,
    Had it ever since I had my first BlackBerry,
    The Curve 8330 lol.
    phylez likes this.
    09-25-12 11:54 PM
    I've got unlimited:
    Internet
    Text Message
    Picture & Video
    09-25-12 11:55 PM
    I called customer support to ask about the hotspot feature & asked if I could use it on my BB's data plan,
    Told them I had unlimited internet,
    They said that wasn't possible,
    I said "Yep.. Got my bill in hand, unlimited e-mail & internet for $30 ( Or $35 can't remember now) a month",
    They were like "Oh...",
    Almost like I shouldn't have it lol,
    But I do,
    Had it ever since I had my first BlackBerry,
    The Curve 8330 lol.
    I had unlimited w/ bell many years ago and foolishly gave it up for other features... stupid me. thanks.
    09-26-12 12:08 AM
    I had unlimited w/ bell many years ago and foolishly gave it up for other features... stupid me. thanks.
    Yeah from the way they sounded on the phone today,
    It seems like they don't offer it anymore,
    I could be wrong tho lol.
    09-26-12 12:12 AM
    Well with all the stuff I have on my phone,
    My bill usually comes up to $120,
    Except when I use it to talk a lot during the day between bill payments then it might reach close to $150.

What issues have you had with Bell?
    always over charging and when ever i call the phone number given on the bill from alberta the help line reps says you need to call another number, and when ever i called on that 2nd given number it went to telus.

after 1 year i was fed up and gave it up for wind mobile and wow o wow they just charge me one amount and i dont have to worry about any thing else.
    09-26-12 12:31 PM
    always over charging and when ever i call the phone number given on the bill from alberta the help line reps says you need to call another number, and when ever i called on that 2nd given number it went to telus.

after 1 year i was fed up and gave it up for wind mobile and wow o wow they just charge me one amount and i dont have to worry about any thing else.
    I hear ya.
    Just got my bill today,
    Apparently there charging me for calling my own phone from my phone for like a hour,
    I know calling voicemail would be considered calling my own phone,
    But damn.. I never get any voice mail besides the one or two from some 1-866 number & it only takes not even 5mins to go to voicemail & delete it lol.
    09-27-12 10:30 AM
    I hear ya.
    Just got my bill today,
    Apparently there charging me for calling my own phone from my phone for like a hour,
    But damn.. I never get any voice mail besides the one or two from some 1-866 number & it only takes not even 5mins to go to voicemail & delete it lol.
    I've called about this before, your number showing up on he bill is due to some sort of privacy policy whereby they can't display numbers that you've called or that have called you, can't remember which one.
    09-27-12 10:33 AM
    I have 1g/month of data on my plan if I'm not mistaken, I use the hotspot/tethering options from my 9900 to have internet on my pb when no wifi is available and I have never been charge any extra for it.
    09-27-12 10:49 AM
    generally, theathering which comes with most bell bb plans, has hotspot included. I had an issue a couple weeks ago and they had to "restart" my services in order to enable my hotspot so with that in mind, it seems as though you need hotspot enabled to use it and thus ni charges if its not part of your plan.
    09-27-12 12:29 PM
    I hear ya.
    Just got my bill today,
    Alexander Graham Bell's soul must be in pain after watching such stupid practices
    09-27-12 01:33 PM
    Alexander Graham Bell's soul must be in pain after watching such stupid practices
    Yep lol,
    I think I'm going to look into that bill tho,
    First time that has happened.
    09-27-12 09:46 PM
    Yep lol,
    I think I'm going to look into that bill tho,
    First time that has happened.
    look at my post above.
    09-27-12 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD