Hi, I'm going insane with all this charging! I purchesd my new curve 9360 on Friday 24/02/2012 and then went home and put it on charge for 4 hours (as the retail outlet had specified when I asked them),using the new charger that came in the sealed box with the phone. I then began to use the device, say from around 6pm till about 9pm then it was showing battery low already. I was only getting a few apps and goodies off appworld ie updateing fb bbm etc. I then plug in this device to charge overnight, and at around 6am the next day began to use bbm and I browsed a bit, but not constantly and by 9am it needed to charge again. Is this normal for this device, or is there a problem with the battery/os/charger? Otherwise I love the device, but it doesn't help if I constantly have to be "plugged in". Please help
    02-26-12 12:30 AM
    Update your firmware. It will give you better battery life.
    02-26-12 02:28 AM
    Update to 7.1.0.258 and you'll get one day of battery (on normal use) and about 15 hrs of extreeme use ) , that's what I got !
    02-26-12 07:06 AM
    I got my 9360 not too long ago and I must admit, at first I wasn't crazy about the battery life. My previous phone (a Samsung) would run for about 4 days with no need for charging. But, I didn't do quite as much on the Samsung as I do on my BB. The best solution for this is (aside from updating like the other posters said) keep your charger with you. Since it comes with the USB and the plug adapter, it makes it really convenient to carry around if it needs charging and I find that it doesn't really take that long to charge the battery up again when it's down! I've completely solved any worry about battery life by having a universal charger in my bedroom for while I'm at home, and keeping the BB charger in my purse or in my car (somewhere I constantly have access to it while I'm out and about at school, work, whatever).
    03-01-12 07:19 PM
    It is best to Upgrade the original OS7 it garbage you may end up finding more problems soon...I had freezing, scrolling, and loss of fonts on the menu button, battery... crazy but true since i upgraded to OS7.1.0.258 Fixed everything..
    03-02-12 10:26 AM
    Hope this link helps, Extending BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7 battery life �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Whether you're interested in buying a Holster and even a charging dock, that's down to preference.

Adding to that link, the "number of vibrations" has a big effect on battery life too. Rather than 1 big long vibration, having 2 short ones will help. Oh, and the OS update is slept on, unless you're computer savvy. The update includes "Battery Saving feature, which is very good, IMO.
    03-03-12 05:34 PM
    It is best to Upgrade the original OS7 it garbage you may end up finding more problems soon...I had freezing, scrolling, and loss of fonts on the menu button, battery... crazy but true since i upgraded to OS7.1.0.258 Fixed everything..
    What exactly do you mean by fixing everything? Like how many hours does your BB holds on?
    03-06-12 10:28 PM
    As mentioned the Original OS7 is garbage all kinds of issues i just happened to get one that had more than one annoying problem.
    Meaning everything is as the phone should be working now...
    As for the battery you will see a improvement in lasting if you do the upgrade... but i still feel RIM should have made a 1200 or 1500 mah battery for this phone.
    it needs something stronger for sure...
    I am getting about a 1 1/2 days out of it... i use... twitter, facebook ,text messages. phone and emails and sometimes the odd game but i over do the game at times and have to charge after a day..
    03-07-12 02:05 PM
    Still better than the bold 9900.
    03-07-12 03:00 PM
    pls how did u upgrade? I'm new to the bb stuff. Will u use ur fone or pc and how? No wifi available here.
    07-08-12 08:01 AM
    Hi,

I have the same issue with my BB 9360. I've got it since last march, and I've got the latest OS.

Have you tried the Blackberry Device Analyser? It comes with 7.1, and you can do a battery diagnostics test with it. After a few hours of analysing (it tests the device constantly), it said this: drain speed of battery: HIGH (7,43%/hr). It also said that 96,16% of my battery life goed to: Mobile Data Use! this is al lot, I think. I'm very curious as to what others with tis phone would get as test results.

FYI: my bluetooth, wifi, NFC, GPS locator is all turned of, and my phone still can't make it through the day...

I'm really sick of this phone ...
    07-08-12 10:53 AM
    pls how did u upgrade? I'm new to the bb stuff. Will u use ur fone or pc and how? No wifi available here.
    Load the new version OS i am on 7.1.0.391 right now i used Window XP seemed to be the best way.
    You need to delete all or any other OS7 from your pc first for any upgrade to work.

If your on XP do this
    Load any carriers new OS 7.1.0.391 when its finished loading on your PC it will mention run app loader now Dont click out.
    Then right click start button
    click explore
    click program files
    click on common files
    click on research in motion
    click on app loader
    now locate XML Vendor file at the bottom of that list and delete it don`t close the app loader folder
    Plug your Device into your PC
    NOW Click on App loader again and let the program do its thing then you will have to check what you want to load on your device.once you have completed your list run app loader.
    i have done 3 9360s so far they all worked out fine
    07-08-12 04:02 PM
    Download the Phone OS on your PC from https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...4B931C35A169B0

Run the exe file on your PC.

Download the Blackberry desktop manager from BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software

Delete both the vendor.xml file on your C ( or equivalent) drive.

Disconnect from the internet, connect your phone, start the Desktop manager, see it show you an update and you are done.

Sorry for the brief instruction. Crackberry has a lot of thread where detailed instructions are mentioned. You could take help of those too.
    07-09-12 01:24 AM
    Do you have 3G enabled? and also check the tasks running in background, search PBTaskManager on App World

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    07-12-12 06:20 AM
    Definitely the OS makes a big difference. When I first got my 9360 in February I was going crazy with the terrible battery life and had to always carry a spare battery to make sure I got through the day. Since I upgraded to .336, battery life has improved a lot and I manage a day's use without problems. I used to find that the phone would also heat up a lot, but again since the upgrade this hasn't happened so much.
    savestheday611 likes this.
    07-17-12 05:09 AM
    AT&T hasn't released the 7.1 OS yet. Guess I will have to carry charger, spare battery, solar panels, mouse on a treadmill. Etc.
    07-26-12 10:21 AM
    are you sure if updating it to 7.1.0.258 it will work the battery and last up to 15 hours??? and it wont give you viruses will it?
    thanks please reply when you get this
    12-26-12 08:16 AM
    I'd say stick with 7.1.0.714 or 7.1.0.746, even if your carrier has not released these OS versions, you can still install them. The 9360 has a very low capacity battery, 1000 mAh. If it had the JM1 battery I'm sure it would have been able to last much longer. General battery saving tips include turning off 3G if possible (On certain Canadian carriers there is no 2G GSM to fall back on), lowering the screen brightness, using battery saver mode and BlackBerry Application Resource monitor. Making sure apps aren't running is also another big one. From my 9360 I used to get from 6-8 hours of solid usage depending on my usage. Eventually I decided that the battery wasn't cutting it, and I didn't want to use one of those extended batteries since it changes the shape of the phone which is why I'm using the 9900 right now
    12-29-12 09:55 AM
    I had the problem of 1.5 hour battery life plus overheating after upgrading software through BB Desktop Manager as released by my service provider. Despite trying to update my 9360 to the latest downloaded OS from Blackberry (more up to date than the OS just released by my service provider) I was not successful. I had already backed up my phone using the BB Desktop Manager so I took the step of doing a Security Wipe using the phone's software. This deletes all non-factory data including contacts, messages, emails, apps etc pairing it back to the base phone with current/updated operating systemfrom my service provider. I then used the BB Desktop Manager to restore the back-up file. Guess what ...... it all now operates perfectly. Battery life is long at least a day or more and the phone is cold to touch. Seems like it had some internal 'conflict' with the new software Vs existing data. Seems a good 'defrag' fixed the issue. Bit like a Windows computer really !! I suggest that anyone having the battery life and overheating problem starts their hunt for a solution by first backing up your phone data etc and then doing a Security Wipe before restoring the data. This my be a simple fix that might just work.
    02-26-13 06:08 AM
    Well you need 3 chargers with a Blackberry 9360 - one for at home, one for the car, and then one for when you get to your destination / office.
    This phone has the worst battery life possible and I dont understand it, I have switched off settings and tried everything Basically Blackberry has a crap battery life and THE BACK UP SERVICE IS JUST AS BAD.
    03-05-13 05:09 AM
    Mine is a BB9360 unlocked version. This is what I did and noticed an significant increase in battery stand-by time.
    A. Downloaded OS 7.1 Bundle 2220 to my PC and installed it
    B. Deleted all vendor related xml files from RIM folder in my computer(infact I did delete it from two places)
    C. Started BB desktop software and connected the phone
    D.Desktop manager detected the new OS and prompted for an upgrade
    E. Ran through the update process

That is it and this is what I noticed after the update

A. Battery was 10% while going to bed at 11PM. Morning at around 7:30am it was still running. Amazed as the full battery used to get drained up in stand by mode in half a day
    B. Fully charged it again at around 11am and the battery was drained by 13%(87% still remaining) while writing this post...few phone calls and some net surfing

I have not yet put the phone to heavy usage.. will post that shortly

I suggest please upgrade and you will be happy for doing that

BY THE WAY I AM FROM INDIA AND HAVE AN UNLOCKED BB9360
    03-05-13 06:20 AM
    Hi Neatearth, which service provider OS version did you download and from where ?
    I upgraded mine to 2220 and i have seen the worst batt life ever, lasting jus 2hours (BBM/Whatsap/Music (via headfones/GPS off) (
    thanks
    03-11-13 01:44 PM
    Funny. I can go 2 FULL workdays on battery without charging with light use.

03-13-13 09:35 AM
    how do u do that?????
    04-06-13 03:17 PM
    Funny. I can go 2 FULL workdays on battery without charging with light use.

Wow, 2 full days? Do you turn it off during the day? :-)
    04-30-13 08:42 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD