So I currently broke my Torch and I am now with my Curve 3G. I think the Curve is okay, but it just feels so cheap in my hand! Anyways, so I thought I was going to get the 9790 when I thought that I could save the money and get the Curve. I don't care for the touch screen as I feel as though I will never use it. Therefore, I'm wondering if there's a big difference performance wise to the Bold?
    Last edited by LeSteven; 02-15-12 at 04:17 PM.
    02-15-12 04:15 PM
    I have not used a 9790 but from hardware specs alone it's not that much better than the 9360.

I will say one thing, though; when I was out with the girlfriend and she was buying a new phone she was leaning towards the 9900, but I told her to look at the 9790 before she made her decision. When we looked at the 9790 the keyboard, to my amazement, felt extremely cheap. She had a 9700 and the keyboard on that is like the Touch, very soft and quiet. The keyboard on the 9790 was worse than the keyboards found on the Curve line.

Perhaps this was just the display model, but it totally turned she and I off the phone. If I'm buying a Bold I expect a superior keyboard.

Just from that experience I would suggest the 9900. If you're on a budget, go with the 9360. Even though it's the economy Berry, it's an extremely stellar phone. Other than the keyboard (and possibly the battery life) there's not much to really complain about.
    thuanngotau likes this.
    02-15-12 11:02 PM
    Battery life is greatly improved on the 9790 compared to 9360
    02-18-12 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD