hello guys

wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1 - As a user of a curve 9360 on o2 on os 7.1 ive heard things have changed in regards to email accounts. is my personal (hotmail) email address now linked to my BBID?? ive read somewhere it is supposed to be now...would this mean someone would have to log into my BBID to recieve any of my emails from this address. And if i wiped my phone would my BBID no longer be on the phone therefore my emails wont go through to the device anymore?
    2 - Does a security wipe delete all of my BBM Contacts list as i have too many to delete individually so just want to wipe them out completely in one swoop along with my other personal data

Im asking these as im readying my phone for sale.

thanks
    10-16-12 04:57 PM
    hello guys

wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1 - As a user of a curve 9360 on o2 on os 7.1 ive heard things have changed in regards to email accounts. is my personal (hotmail) email address now linked to my BBID?? ive read somewhere it is supposed to be now...would this mean someone would have to log into my BBID to recieve any of my emails from this address. And if i wiped my phone would my BBID no longer be on the phone therefore my emails wont go through to the device anymore?
    2 - Does a security wipe delete all of my BBM Contacts list as i have too many to delete individually so just want to wipe them out completely in one swoop along with my other personal data

Im asking these as im readying my phone for sale.

thanks
    security wipe will delete every thing from your bb so dont worry about individually deleting them, just do the security wipe and you are good to go.

your first question is little twisted, even if your e mail id is linked to bb id still you can log into a different bb with a different id, i believe it will ask you for confirmation about the switching the id and switching the device and once agreed to that you will be able to get your e mails on any other bb. if you wipe your bb than your id will be removed and you will be good to hand i over to the 2nd user.
    tweezy10 likes this.
    10-16-12 10:32 PM
    Hey thanks for the reply! Security wipe sounds like the job i want to do then as far as all my contacts are concerned!

Having read back i can see what you mean about my first question i think i got carried away when asking an confused things ill try to simplyfy it

What i basically wanted to know is that is my email address linked to my bbid and if i just security wiped the phone that would remove my logged in bbid so there shouldnt be a way for the next user to get my emails pushed to their phones should they!? Also i wont be using my bbid again as ive moved to an iphone which im posting on now so i apologise for any bad grammar

Will the wipe still work with no internet service on the 9360 and delete all them contacts and bbid info ect?
    10-16-12 10:43 PM
    anyone able to help with the above?
    10-17-12 05:41 PM
    Hey thanks for the reply! Security wipe sounds like the job i want to do then as far as all my contacts are concerned!

Having read back i can see what you mean about my first question i think i got carried away when asking an confused things ill try to simplyfy it

What i basically wanted to know is that is my email address linked to my bbid and if i just security wiped the phone that would remove my logged in bbid so there shouldnt be a way for the next user to get my emails pushed to their phones should they!? Also i wont be using my bbid again as ive moved to an iphone which im posting on now so i apologise for any bad grammar

Will the wipe still work with no internet service on the 9360 and delete all them contacts and bbid info ect?
    if you do the security wipe it will remove all the info and you dont need to be worried about the next user using your emailid which is associated with your bbid.
    your e mail is still secure as even if the next user of your 9360 gain access of your bbid he still needs to gain access to the password of your e mail id because when you wipe out your phone once the e mail will be removed from the bb and in order to get it back the next user will again need to give your e mail id and password to get it working.
    if next user uses his own e mail id on your old 9360 than this bb will be associated with his id. your e mail will be secure.
    tweezy10 likes this.
    10-17-12 10:51 PM
    thanks so if i wipe the device my bbid is removed all my bbm contacts are removed so i dont have to delete one by one and my email account will be removed to, too stop any emails being pushed onto the device from my email account by the next user and all this will still work with no internet service plan active on the 9360?
    Last edited by tweezy10; 10-18-12 at 07:48 AM.
    10-18-12 07:36 AM
    thats true
    10-18-12 05:53 PM
    thanks ive done the wipe and everything seems to of gone i was prompted with the terms and conditions screen and set up wizard so that sounds like it was a successful wipe. Has this also deleted all my previous service books? Just i dont know what will be "pushed" back on the device as it has no active BIS?

p.s thanks for your time and help!!
    10-18-12 06:50 PM
    all service books has been removed.
    tweezy10 likes this.
    10-20-12 01:40 AM
    On a side note can anyone tell me on os 7 devices now do you HAVE to be logged into a bbid account before you can send and recieve emails or can i set up my own emails without a bbid account
    10-23-12 09:10 PM
    you can setup your own account without bb id. i did this on my 9360 and it allowed me to do so.
    10-23-12 09:18 PM
    Thats great i heard that you had to have a bbid to send and recieve emails on blackberry 7, so im glad you are able to show thats not correct
    10-23-12 09:36 PM
    On a side note can anyone tell me on os 7 devices now do you HAVE to be logged into a bbid account before you can send and recieve emails or can i set up my own emails without a bbid account
    You can't set up native email service on a BlackBerry phone without BIS (service). Not sure if that is what you are asking.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-23-12 10:51 PM
    You can't set up email service on a BlackBerry phone without BIS (service). Not sure if that is what you are asking.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Hey no i understand about the BIS its the blackberry id i was asking about if i can set up my email account without signing into a blackberry id account
    10-23-12 11:00 PM