i just received my BB Curve 9360 from Suncellular (a Philippine telecom company) today.

i tried updating App World and noticed it didn't save to the micro sd card included with my device and also with yahoo messenger and facebook apps they all went to the phone memory.

is there a way to make it install to the sd card as the phone memory has limited space?

and will my contacts be also saved in the phone or is there an option for me to save it to my simcard?

i have unlimited bb service and unlimited mobile internet.. how will i know if i am now using BIS and not my carriers data service?

how can i update my BB OS? i currently have 7.0 Bundle 1555 as shown on my BB Desktop Software. i know there is 7.1 now but when i click update. it tells me there is no update available.

so far that's it.

thank you.
    03-30-12 04:33 AM
    You cannot install applications to the Media Card.

You can copy your contacts to the SIM card but be aware that only the Contact Name and Phone Number are stored on the card. The contacts on the device memory can contain much more information (eg address, email, birthday, notes, etc.).

You likely will need to manually download and install the device OS as it's likely that your carrier has not released the update you are looking for since it's not showing up automatically. Go into the Device OS forums/threads for downloads and instructions.
    metal1369 likes this.
    03-30-12 05:57 AM
    For a fast start and lots of answers to common questions see BB101: http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-1...lecture-series
    03-30-12 07:22 AM
    i just received my BB Curve 9360 from Suncellular (a Philippine telecom company) today.

i tried updating App World and noticed it didn't save to the micro sd card included with my device and also with yahoo messenger and facebook apps they all went to the phone memory.

is there a way to make it install to the sd card as the phone memory has limited space?

and will my contacts be also saved in the phone or is there an option for me to save it to my simcard?

i have unlimited bb service and unlimited mobile internet.. how will i know if i am now using BIS and not my carriers data service?

how can i update my BB OS? i currently have 7.0 Bundle 1555 as shown on my BB Desktop Software. i know there is 7.1 now but when i click update. it tells me there is no update available.

so far that's it.

thank you.
    Give me your pin tol hahaha
    03-30-12 09:57 AM
    To upgrade give us the heads up as to what your running PC wise Windows XP or windows 7 so far if its windows 7.. TWO xml vendor files have to be deleted to able to upgrade to OS 7.1

You do not need DM to do this

Make Sure you have deleted all other OS7 from your PC before you start...

If your running Windows XP

Do the following

Load newest OS 7.1 which is also in the posts for 9360

when its finished your pc will show run app loader DONT RUN it

Click start menu
    Click program Files
    Click Common Files
    Click Research in motion folder
    Click App Loader
    Find xml vendor file and Delete that

Now plug your Phone in and click app loader again this should work...
    If your running window 7 its almost the same as above but you need to find that other xml vendor file hidden somewhere in your PC..
    I also have W7 but i always upgrade with my XP easier...

This should work
    metal1369 likes this.
    03-30-12 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD