My BB 9360 has some serious battery problems. I just bought the phone 2 months ago and the battery drains even without making a call or sending messages. I thought the battery might be faulty/old so now this is the second charger AND battery I have bought but the new battery still drains really quickly. There are no apps running in the background. The battery drains REALLY fast when I use the browser to browse.

The battery went from 57% to 51% in the space of twenty minutes and in that time the phone sat in front of me; no calls, no browsing, no text messages, no bbm..... the battery was just draining doing NOTHING.

Generally when the battery reaches about 25%, it will suddenly give the message "Battery too low for radio use"and the EDGE/GPRS will switch to OFF.

When I check what apps are currently open, none are.

I am running on OS7.1.0.912.

Pleeeease can someone suggest something?
    05-16-13 03:01 PM
    Try any of these yet?
    Edit: Are you familiar with BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software. Make sure the device is up to date.

1. check Options>Device>Application Management. Scroll to the right until you see CPU. If no apps are running then it will show anywhere under 20% used. It will jump around regardless but should not be higher with nothing running.
    2.Application Resource monitor can be turned on to help with background draining apps. Right under Application Management.
    3. Make sure only the antennas you use are on. BT off if you don't use. Wireless off if you don't use (if it's on when you are nowhere near a router it drains quickly) NFC off not many people use it. Mobile Hotspot off if you have that option. Monitor the battery drain in that state.
    4. A complete wipe and reinstall of the latest OS (dependant on carrier) using BB Desktop Manager. Do this when you got some time on your hands. Make a backup of your device first but don't restore from backup after it is wiped. Monitor the battery as it is from stock (no apps). If it is not draining fast like normally i would say 6-8% every hour (not 20 min thats for sure). If it is good go to BlackBerry World>My World>Unistalled (tap down menu) and reinstall your most important apps first. Restart. Monitor for excessive battery drain. If it is still good, then install apps you use regularly (I say this just to declutter if you have a lot of apps)

I hate seeing this. Not the first time I have heard someone with a 9360 with battery problems. I have 9360. I don't use it anymore. But it used to last me all day. And they were not known for an amazing battery. I don't use a lot of apps and I usually only have my mobile radio on only. I don't know what else I did.

You can ask any question. I'll keep an eye on your thread. Good luck.
    05-16-13 03:50 PM