I have BES and I want to be able to access outlook. Is there an app to access outlook on your blackberry without having to purchase the BIS plan?
    12-13-12 05:36 PM
    When you say you have BES what do you mean? You have access to a BES server?

If so you will need a BES data plan to be able to connect your blackberry to it
    12-14-12 12:27 AM
    It depends on what you mean by access and what you mean by BES/BIS.

Here is what I have done with the regular cheap data plan from verizon to access company email.

Under setup choose email add other.

put in email and password and choose advanced. enter in regular user name passowrd under adavnced again enter URL you can use to access email from a web browser. (I had to include the https:// at the begininng and nothing after the .com)and under email acount i put owa (which is what I have to add after the .com/ to read in email on the web)

for the most part everything works for email (no wireless contact sync) its pull not push, so it checks for new email every 15 minutes. Any message deleted is deleted on both Outlook and BlackBerry, anything read on BlackBerry is marked read on Outlook, but that read on Outlook is not marked read on BlackBerry.

So is it perfect? No. But its a lot better than other options out there including anything on iOS or Android. In fact this option was the driving factor that brought me back to a consumer BlackBerry after three consumer years on Android device.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    12-15-12 08:06 AM