Hi guys,

I have a curve 9360 and recently i started to get very random reboots for no reason but when it rebooted there was nothing wrong with the device and i carried on as usual. But yesterday my phone rebooted and the trackpad wouldnt work, well it does but it will only click and not scroll, i have tried the soft reset, hard reset, leaving it for a few hours ect..but nothing will work.

Any ideas?

Also if the phone has a hardware fault and needs to be sent for repair how can i do a security wipe to get rid of all my emails, BBM contacts, Pictures & SMS ect.. when the trackpad wont scroll so i cant get into options is that possible

Thanks for your help
    08-12-12 07:12 AM
    Hello,

Not too sure about your trackpad, but I can tell you from experience the random reboots could be caused by a loose battery. I have the 9370 and had that issue where it just randomly rebooted if I moved the phone to quickly. A simple check of how loose the battery connectors to the pins are should help. Make sure they're tight, and if you have to, put a tiny piece of paper behind the battery to help secure it in place.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    08-12-12 10:17 AM
    thanks for the reply its definately not the battery though as it wil just be sat on my desk and restart its self.

id i use bbsak or jl_cmder to factory reset the phone will that delete ALL my contacts - messages, - bbm list & pictures music ect???
    08-12-12 10:49 AM
    i have wiped my phone using bbsak and installed the latest firmware but the trackpad is still broken so must be a hardware fault, the phone is booting up but then goes to the terms and conditions screen when you first start a blackberry from default, obviously i cant accept the terms because i cant scroll down lol.

will my device now be wiped from all my old data and phone & bbm contacts and sensitive information as i cant check it ready to send back for repair, just dont want any information getting into the wrong hands.

Thanks
    08-12-12 12:38 PM
    any advice on how to bypass the terms and conditions page when the bb first loads up as i cant scroll to accept?? hot keys such as "y" for yes or enter or d for down none work so im at a loss
    08-12-12 10:55 PM
    never mind fixed it myself used pocket controller pro on my computer where i was able to use my computer to scroll and click through my phone ect
    timbern likes this.
    08-12-12 11:45 PM
    Mr. Bolton, I still hope you can read this.

We have the same problem but I see you've already solved yours. I also tried using SOTI's Pocket Controller PRO but it appears that I need to run its Blackberry app counterpart. I couldn't cause, well, my trackpad is also broken and the Agreement is not allowing me to access my phone entirely. How did you manage to connect the Blackberry and the Pocket Controller?

Thank you in advance.
    10-30-12 06:26 PM
    I have the same problem right now..it sucks big time. i just want to make sure if this problem is trackpad problem or there is another problem in the device?thanks
    10-31-12 01:08 PM
    i just bought a blackberry 9360 the guy just wiped the phone... i used it will in the morning but when i workup my track pad cant work in the home screen but when press the start button. to ma left hard side the options work well but the home its not working... i need help guys... in short the track pad is working to some factions......... but not to every application and manual
    10-04-14 04:15 AM
    same problem here. trackpad suddenly stopped working while in the middle of browsing a webpage. i can click to select but it won't scroll. is the majority of problems like this a software issue or hardware.
    10-16-14 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD