I would like to report my experience with blackberry 9360 and especially the battery. I did 45 hours with no charging and no switching off the handset (the battery was at 3%). During the first 24 hours the phone was connected to WLAN all the time. I spent the mentioned period at home and the phone was not searching btw. changing the coverage. The usage (for the 45 hours) was something like that: 20 minutes calling, text messages 5, 3 emails and surfing in internet a lot, but not incessant. I spent 3 hours in a cafe where a was connected to wlan. All that makes me think that WLAN connection does not have so big influence over the battery in contrast to 3G network.

My settings are: Location Services - !!!!!! Location Off, 2G !!!!!!! (these are most important according to my short experience), ; Network Selection Mode - manual , Battery Saving Mode is ALWAYS ON, Brightness at 20%. I use Shangmail. The OS is 7.1.0.258.
    There is something very strange what I detected. After rebooting the battery level is getting better. I saw this phenomenon twice. At the first time from 20 to 45% (that was after turning off location option and switching to 2G only), today from 66 to 74%. Maybe someone did the same experience.
    I am considering downgrading to 7.0.0.590. I red positive reports about the battery�s life.
    I am going to report more after using my phone longer. It is a week since I got it.
    Regards and hope someone will comment this topic.
    04-07-12 03:52 PM
    Why would you downgrade if you got 45 hours?!? How many hours do you want or need?
    04-07-12 07:14 PM
    You do not have BIS. So it is a good review for people without BIS and BES. I am on BIS, one day of heavy use and I have at least 30% battery left. OS 7.1.0.3xx something

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 07:44 AM
    Why would you downgrade if you got 45 hours?!? How many hours do you want or need?
    Hello again!
    Of course I do not expect 5 days like my Nokia E71 (I have used this phone only for calling and checking my emails occasionally).
    I was just thinking of trying the mentioned version.

You do not have BIS. So it is a good review for people without BIS and BES. I am on BIS, one day of heavy use and I have at least 30% battery left. OS 7.1.0.3xx something.
    Actually, the BIS/BES is working for me when I am connected to WLAN. One day of havy usage and 30% battery speaks well for the version OS 7.1.0.3xx.
    Yesterday after 14 hours heavy usage I have had 8% battery left. I am talking about: about 2 hours playing games, about an hour trying to set a WLAN connection at the university (was not able to do it), about 15 minutes calling, writing 4 emails, texting 3 messages and surfing in internet constant. I must say I do not use twitter, and yesterday i was not logged in to my facebook account. About 8 hours the phone was connected to WLAN and was working as a real Blackberry. Shangmail was turned off.

I am wonderring if a 9900 will go as long as the described period. Maybe longer?! I have 2 days to decide to keep or to return this phone and to get a 9900.

Happy Easter and best Regards!
    04-09-12 06:09 AM
    Why are you using Shangmail if you have BIS/BES? Shangmail is an option for people without data plan.
    I will certainly go for 9900, it should give you the same battery life. With better hardware.

04-09-12 11:06 AM
    Why are you using Shangmail if you have BIS/BES? Shangmail is an option for people without data plan.
    I will certainly go for 9900, it should give you the same battery life. With better hardware.

I do not have BIS/BES anymore. I can use my phone as a real Blackberry when I am connected to WLAN. When I am away I use Shangmail.
    You are right. The 9900 hardware is better.
    04-09-12 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD