I have a bb9360 and can't watch any youtube videos. I have BIS and opera mini also. I am able to browse the site but not watch anything. I've downloaded apps off bb world. My internet is working fine in all other areas and I have lots of data. I've vaguely heard this has something to do with an apple/blackberry contract but am not sure. I use tubidy for music but there's so much more on youtube. If I can't fix this for any reason is there an alternative search engine I could use? The screen message I get when I click on play is "an error has occured when attempting to play media" no error code or details.
    Last edited by Feona Morrison; 05-24-14 at 11:41 AM. Reason: further information to be added to aid assistance for me
    05-24-14 11:36 AM
    YouTube changed their website and did something that screwed the videos up for BlackBerry users. You can go to their full site and view the videos on the browser screen, but it's really buggy and won't go completely full screen.

Nothing you can do except e-mail them, it's something they have to fix.
    05-24-14 01:41 PM
    I haven't heard anything about that. YouTube works fine at both the website and through a third party app on my Z10 and on my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 01:45 PM
    i cant access anything on the full site" there is no content available at this time" i will have a browse to see if they have a mobile/light/smartphone option. im aware that a lot of people are having the same problem (google) but owners of 10 series phones aren't. does your 9990 have a different OS to a 9360 could that be why. all my settings are fine,i still have data etc. im on giffgaff?!?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails 9360 no YouTube available?-tapaupload0.jpg  
    05-24-14 02:22 PM
    ive been on the help forum and there is nothing at all in the troubleshooting pages. blackberry isnt even mentioned apart from getting 'external' help. there is a full set of Q&A sections for ios and android phones. strange! (my multi copy paste is also playing up hence this separate message!! ive posted a thread on the forum to see if i can get ay answers. i shall post a reply of the outcome. thanks Ray3 and D March.

05-24-14 02:54 PM
    It seems to work fine on my 9360 from the browser..

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    05-24-14 04:13 PM
    i cant access anything on the full site" there is no content available at this time" i will have a browse to see if they have a mobile/light/smartphone option. im aware that a lot of people are having the same problem (google) but owners of 10 series phones aren't. does your 9990 have a different OS to a 9360 could that be why. all my settings are fine,i still have data etc. im on giffgaff?!?

I probably have a different OS but I don't think that's the problem. This is the first I've heard of this to be honest. YouTube always did and does work on my 9900. I wish I could help but I don't think it's a BlackBerry thing.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 05:23 PM
    ive even done a security wipe and put my settings bck to default in the past. oh well,i still use tubidy and mp3 skull is also available. it must be my phone. i will have a friend take a look at it for me,hes good with blackberrys. thanks for the input. i will let you know if ui get this fixed. loving crackberry app by the way

05-27-14 08:22 AM
    It might be an issue with your carrier blocking youtube. Try connecting to wifi, turning off your cellular data, and seeing what happens then.
    05-27-14 08:29 AM
    i tried accessing via wifi and it was the same. just tried again on wifi. it says depending on your data you may occur additional charges (i have 900mb left in my goodybag) im going to see if i can watch on the desktop version.

05-27-14 09:33 AM
    ive just played a song on the desktop version.it doesnt fit to screen yet but il have a tinker around. i still dont know why im not able to use the other sites but ive still to see if my thread has been answered (ive kinda got carried away catching up on things ive been wanting to watch haha!) thank you.

05-27-14 10:10 AM
    Youtube requires a normal data plan, and doesn't work on BIS... try it on wifi while your cellular network is turned off on the phone ..

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    05-27-14 10:40 AM