Hi i repair blackberries and recently i've been coming across 9360s with the same problem - they've been snapped in half. there appears to be a weakpoint in the design - the line between the keyboard and the upper keys and screen on the front runs the whole way through the device and allows the phone to be snapped with little pressure. I dont believe an average user would encounter this problem but it shocks me that rim would let such a design through. has anyone else seen this problem?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700
    my bb history : R900,7230,8100,8120,8320,8520,8900,9000,9700
    04-22-12 03:10 PM
    I doubt if it's a design flaw. That's the first I heard of this. If it were widespread it would have been mentioned elsewhere.

Are you sure the users aren't just putting their devices in pockets that are too tight?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-22-12 03:16 PM
    I doubt if it's a design flaw. That's the first I heard of this. If it were widespread it would have been mentioned elsewhere.

Are you sure the users aren't just putting their devices in pockets that are too tight?

I'm not saying its a widespread problem in the way that loads of people will be effected but im saying that ive only ever seen three candybars snapped in half and they were all 9360s so i think its definately got a weak point running through that should have been picked up during the design process

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700
    my bb history : R900,7230,8100,8120,8320,8520,8900,9000,9700
    04-22-12 05:36 PM
    It still doesn't mean the devices are defective. If one reads the fine print in the manual, he will see that carrying the device in a pocket is not recommended.

04-22-12 07:26 PM
    My car met with an accident, with me in the front, seatbelt around me and my 9360 in my shirt pocket. The impact was pretty decent ( seatbelt tightening around my shirt pocket), but nothing happened to my phone.

I think these people must have done more than put a little pressure.

BTW , thats my car after the accident and we have RHD here in India.I was driving, seated on the right side seat. The seatbelt goes from the right shoulder across to the left side, covering my complete shirt pocket.
    04-23-12 01:52 AM
    Why are people trying to snap their phones anyway? Surely it would require a reasonable amount of pressure at each end of the phone?
    In any case I've got one of the snap-one hard cases, should give it an extra backbone!
    04-27-12 06:25 AM
    Reminds me of that bad joke..."Doc, it hurts when I do this." "Well, don't do that."

I have never, at any point in time, found it necessary to exert simultaneous pressure on either end of any device. Ever.

Can't think of a single reason why that would be necessary. Unless a person were trying to break the device. And that sounds like someone who wants to have the company reimburse him/her for the device.

Just sayin'...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD