Hello

I have a BlackBerry 9360 with software version v7.0.0.319, Platform 8.0.0.359, Carrier: Orange Romania and I want to update my phone, mainly because of the battery.
    But when I check for upgrade, on BB site, "There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available".
    Can I update? My carrier doesn't released a version
    If I can, what version? This, this, or this?

I have a Gmail account set up on the phone and If I update I want to appear all my emails to my updated phone. What can I do?

Thanks.
    Last edited by costin27; 05-09-12 at 08:19 AM.
    05-09-12 08:15 AM
    head down to the leaks and install a leak if youre that eager to upgrade.

if not, wait for your carrier to release an update for you.
    costin27 likes this.
    05-09-12 08:28 AM
    hello, fellow Romanian Blacberry user! Unfortunately I don't know which versio is best for your phone since I had a 9930 but just wanted to say HI

PS: make sure you delete the vendor file before updating if using a non-official OS.
    Enjoy your BB
    costin27 likes this.
    05-09-12 08:33 AM
    Download the latest official release from telenor norway.. Install it... Using your computer.. Delete both "vendor.xml" files... And install using apploader.exe.. You should be fine... I recently got a 9360 and updated the software immediately.. Took a while to figure it out but I finally got it.. Just browse through thr forums if you have problems because all the information is there.. Once you upgrade to 7.1 you'll be happy!! I'm using my old 9700 piggybacking off my 9360's mobile hotspot.. Wickedddddd
    Hello

I have a BlackBerry 9360 with software version v7.0.0.319, Platform 8.0.0.359, Carrier: Orange Romania and I want to update my phone, mainly because of the battery.
    But when I check for upgrade, on BB site, "There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available".
    Can I update? My carrier doesn't released a version
    If I can, what version? This, this, or this?

I have a Gmail account set up on the phone and If I update I want to appear all my emails to my updated phone. What can I do?

Thanks.
    costin27 likes this.
    05-09-12 01:45 PM
    Fubaz, my carrier does not want to release an update.
    The answer from them was: "We don't know if or when we release an update for your bb."

DadaThePanda, thank you for your welcome .

gedubraks, thanks. If there are no other opinions, I will do so tomorrow.

PS: If I do so, my phone will be locked to a carrier?
    Last edited by costin27; 05-09-12 at 03:10 PM.
    05-09-12 03:08 PM
    No, the vendor.xml files (which are now apparently located in 2 locations on your computer) will not lock you to any carrier. You still have everything and everything you originally had.

I'm not entirely sure why they even have the vendor.xml in not one, but two locations, or why they even need to have a release approved by every carrier. Maybe some want to protect their customers more than others in case of security breaches etc.

Either way, I didn't delete the two vendor.xml files (I just renamed them) just in case. So far everything works as usual...
    05-11-12 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD