Could someone, anyone please help me!!!! I've purchased a second hand 9320 which should be open to all networks, put in my SIM to face the message saying
    "your current sim card needs an unlock code". I've trawled websites and youtube videos since this morning and followed many instructions but still cannot access my MEP code and have no idea who the original network provider is.....can anyone give me some advice on how to solve this please, without having to pay for this "unlock code" online
    03-21-14 02:42 PM
    The only way is to pay someone to get an unlock code for the phone unless one of the unlocking services on here will willingly give you one for free - but they'd also have to see this too sooo. I'd go buy an unlock code if you need it operational now.
    ladyknight#CB likes this.
    03-21-14 03:00 PM
    Is this a GSM phone? Or a CDMA phone? CDMA = VZW. GSM most others. You should be able to go to your carrier and they should be able to update/replace/clone your sim card.

c
    ladyknight#CB likes this.
    03-21-14 03:03 PM
    Could someone, anyone please help me!!!! I've purchased a second hand 9320 which should be open to all networks, put in my SIM to face the message saying
    "your current sim card needs an unlock code". I've trawled websites and youtube videos since this morning and followed many instructions but still cannot access my MEP code and have no idea who the original network provider is.....can anyone give me some advice on how to solve this please, without having to pay for this "unlock code" online
    Are there any identifying marks on it? You know, like carrier branding? When you turn it on do you get a carrier splash screen?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-21-14 03:05 PM
    No it just gives me that message about the unlock code...and I haven't got a clue who the carrier is....do you know how I could find this out? oh...and thanks for your reply
    03-21-14 03:29 PM
    Have u any suggestions where I could try please?
    03-21-14 03:30 PM
    No branding name on the back or face of the device? Anything when you remove the battery cover? Maybe under the battery?
    May be easier to go to your carrier and let them look at it, and if it works on their network (GSM vs. CDMA), then I think you should be all set when you walk out the store door.

c
    03-21-14 03:40 PM
    Are you able to contact the person who sold you the phone to find out what carrier they were on? What's happening to you is what happens when the phone is locked to a carrier and you put a different sim in it. If you bought it online, was there a picture of it functioning? If so, you may need to zoom in see what carrier is displayed on the screen. The problem is that I think if you try to obtain an unlock code, the supplier of the code may need to know what carrier your phone is locked to and you don't know that yet. As a last resort, you may need to try sims from your friends on different carriers to see what works. If you boot up the phone with no sim inserted, are you able to look into the options to see if it will display the carrier?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-22-14 05:11 AM

You can generate the unlock code for FREE at freemyblackberry.com just give it a try

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4030A using Tapatalk
    05-02-14 01:28 AM