Using a Blackberry Curve 9320, and trying to use the Backup on the BlackBerryDesktop Software. The software recognizes the device, but is still telling me to connect. The Backup functions - Devices > Backup and Backup button - are disabled (grayed out), so it's not detecting that my phone is connected. Phone is connected to PC through USB port, and I do get the prompt on my phone of where it's plugged in - "USB, Sync Media, or Charge Only." Just the Desktop "thinking" I'm not connected and so disabling the Backup, Restore, and Delete functions.

Earlier this evening I was trying to synchronize and backup configure, and I may have actually done a backup. The Desktop Software screen notes a Last Backup date and time of this evening. So perhaps (?) the Backup and other functions are now not available and disabled because I did a previous backup??

I checked the Help. I checked everything the Help said to look for when there's this detecation / connection problem. And nothing I did enabled those functions. (I even turned off my anti-virus software!) So I'm stumped.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks!
    06-03-16 09:24 PM
    Using a Blackberry Curve 9320, and trying to use the Backup on the BlackBerryDesktop Software. The software recognizes the device, but is still telling me to connect. The Backup functions - Devices > Backup and Backup button - are disabled (grayed out), so it's not detecting that my phone is connected. Phone is connected to PC through USB port, and I do get the prompt on my phone of where it's plugged in - "USB, Sync Media, or Charge Only." Just the Desktop "thinking" I'm not connected and so disabling the Backup, Restore, and Delete functions.

Earlier this evening I was trying to synchronize and backup configure, and I may have actually done a backup. The Desktop Software screen notes a Last Backup date and time of this evening. So perhaps (?) the Backup and other functions are now not available and disabled because I did a previous backup??

I checked the Help. I checked everything the Help said to look for when there's this detecation / connection problem. And nothing I did enabled those functions. (I even turned off my anti-virus software!) So I'm stumped.

Change the USB cord you are using.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10.

Change the USB cord you are using.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10.
    06-04-16 11:48 AM
    Thank you - I thought I already did that, but I'm not sure. So will try again. Also, I tried the other USB port in front, but I'll try a different one in the back. Appreciate your help.
    06-04-16 12:54 PM