Basically I wanted to buy a holster for my BB 9320, and after being told that the holsters are NOT model specific (which was a lie) I naively went and bought one I liked. THe problem is that the magnet is not placed in the correct place, and thus the holster does NOT work properly.

So the question is, where does the magnet need to be for the holster to work??
    05-29-12 12:41 PM
    That IS a good question. I did a google search to try to find the answer and only found your Yahoo question and this thread, and not much else. Good idea to post the Yahoo question in addition to this thread. I guess you plan to try to "fix" or "mod" the one you bought? Your best bet of course would have been to buy a holster made for the device, RIM, Siedio, Insipio, etc probably do or will make one. Hopefully someone will come along that has one and can help you figure out where it is, so you can fix your case. Do us a favor and document your mod once you figure it out so other can benefit from it in the future.
    05-30-12 10:29 AM
    Do u see a hole just above d usb port? It has got sometng to do with holster...I tried using my 9780 holster for dis curve bt it doesn't work.... N yea ders a same hole on 9780 just above d charging docks pin...
    05-31-12 01:32 PM
    Looking at the front of the phone, The rough location of the sleeper magnet for a 9320 is the lower left of the keyboard. I found it by trial and error so I'm sorry it's not very accurate. I just got one and my old cover doesn't put it to sleep so I was trying to find it when I saw your post
    06-06-12 04:21 PM
    Blackberry - ACC-46596-201 - Holster - Curve 9220/9310: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

official rim 9320 holster

Im still confused about the hole above the usb port !?
    06-07-12 10:16 AM
    Until the proper case arrives in Canada I'll just have to use the extra Storm case that the ShopCrackBerry sent on their 2 for 1 deal they had on 9550 cases.

I thought all BlackBerrys came with holsters. Oh well, with the price of this phone they had to cut costs somewhere.
    06-08-12 09:19 AM
    Okay getting a holster isn't all that exciting but when they don't sell it where you live it is.

I bought mine from the London Magic Ebay Store. You can also buy off their website. This is a great place. The regular price for the holster is around 29.99 (UK currency as I can't find the pounds symbol). The London Magic Store sells them for 9.79 with international shipping of just 0.45. This translated for me in Canada ~$16CAD!!! The delivery time was just under 1 week from placing the order to putting it on my belt.

I fully recommend the London Magic Store for getting the 9320 holster.
    Last edited by The_Adventist; 06-19-12 at 08:39 PM.
    06-19-12 06:07 PM
    I modded the 9780 pouch for it to work on my 9360. Unfortunately, I did not take a video.
    U need to find a cobbler who does machine stitching first, before you can begin with the mod.

I cut open the thread/seam that runs from outside, split the pouch, then carefully removed the inside felt lining. The magnet was exposed. You need to move the magnet around the phone to figure out the sleep area, then measure its distance from bottom, mark it on the cardboard cutout inside the felt you removed, place the magnet there, glue the felt and get the pouch stitched again.
    Since I was using a fatter pouch, after doing the mod and getting it stitched, it shrunk in size to make an exact fit for my 9360.

Sorry, if my directions are unclear.
    06-20-12 03:35 AM
    I have had the same issue with the holster... for the time being I took apart an hold holster and found a thin magnetic washer which I taped on the lower right side inside the holster... this temp fix is working properly... hope this helps.
    07-03-12 04:34 PM
    I used my 9700's holster. It works fine
    07-04-12 01:21 AM
    Okay getting a holster isn't all that exciting but when they don't sell it where you live it is.

I bought mine from the London Magic Ebay Store. You can also buy off their website. This is a great place. The regular price for the holster is around 29.99 (UK currency as I can't find the pounds symbol). The London Magic Store sells them for 9.79 with international shipping of just 0.45. This translated for me in Canada ~$16CAD!!! The delivery time was just under 1 week from placing the order to putting it on my belt.

I fully recommend the London Magic Store for getting the 9320 holster.
    Greatly appreciate the recommendation. I ended up getting mine from the same place, and it is indeed genuine and only took a week to get to me in Canada as well for quite the decent price

I used my 9700's holster. It works fine
    I did that too until I got my genuine case from eBay store LondonMagicStore as mentioned above Keep in mind that the 9700 case has an elastic where the magnet needs to be for the 9320 to work with the in-case reactions

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320
    Last edited by Sashko; 07-05-12 at 10:04 AM.
    07-05-12 09:59 AM
    I bought the BlackBerry microfibre holster for my 9320, it costs me 20 from carphone warehouse here in the UK

It has the magnets in it so works with the sleep/lock

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    07-10-12 06:35 PM
    I used blackberry device analyzer at options/device/advanced settings/device analyzer/hard ware check up/holster. And moved my 9320 across the holster of my 9700 I found an object like a magnet at the bottom centre of my 9700 holster which locked my 9320, so I pushed the magnet within the cloth to the bottom right of the holster, my left whilst facing it, and my 9320 now locks with my 9700 holster no Need to tear apart, sew or buy a new holster.
    08-19-12 08:22 AM
    I don't have "device analyzer" under "advanced system settings." Regardless, you could've just looked around by running the magnet around the device until you noticed the screen being turned off when in contact with the magnet and back on when losing contact to find the area in question.

Also if that magnet is loose, it's likely to eventually get out of place. For the price it costs to get it off of that UK store on eBay, I think it's worth getting the one that's designed for this model
    08-19-12 09:21 AM
    Well I glued the magnet to that area with cheap house hold glue. Without tearing apart the holster afterall no one looks inside the holster and the glue seeped through the cloth.

To get device analyzer go to phone options and press alt+bbda i.e !!5* and it activates device analyzer!

08-20-12 03:57 PM
    Nice, definitely appreciate the tip for activating device analyzer. I'll play around with it and see if I find anything that helps me in any way in terms of screwing around with my BB

In terms of the holster, if you made your case work for you, I guess you saved a few bucks and a bit of time waiting for it to arrive, so good stuff
    08-20-12 03:59 PM
    You're welcome.

08-20-12 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD