version 2 of this theme is not necessarily an update for version 1.
    version 1 here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/wi...6/#post3045761

version 2 just features a smaller task bar which presents more background space.

some people may prefer the first version so i released it seperate. so version 1 is still be available.

screenshots:

animated and functional start menu.
    animated start orb.
    replica Windows 7 Superbar.
    Windows 7 app icons.
    Windows context menu.
    Aero style dialog box.
    Windows 7 System tray icons

home screen icons are not locked

get it here: http://boxlike.com/downloads/Winberr...te_8900_v2.zip

OTA:
    http://boxlike.com/downloads/ota/com...te_8900_v2.jad
    Last edited by autonami; 07-21-09 at 10:40 PM.
    07-21-09 03:43 PM
    love the "start" menu, both for aesthetics and utility, brilliant! thanks.
    07-21-09 04:26 PM
    Is there an OTA? DM will not load this. It says no application found for your device when I click the .alx file.
    07-21-09 05:00 PM
    Sorry - I'm a little confused. Is there any way to get version 1? The above link did not provide an OTA or zip file.

Thanks!
    07-21-09 06:46 PM
    Great idea, although I despise Windows. It would be nice if the "start" button launched QuickLaunch.
    07-21-09 09:22 PM
    here is a OTA link for everyone to try.

could anyone shed some light on how to make a dedicated weather bug icon for the home screen. ive seen in other themes like the 3G jonathan. that would be a good addition for this theme.
    07-21-09 10:39 PM
    finally i can download it!

Very nice work on this theme autonami

Cheers!
    07-22-09 03:09 AM
    Nice work & update
    07-22-09 04:41 AM
    i gotta say, this is one of the nicest themes. great job man!
    the only thing i can think of for improvement is maybe have the load circle thing on a darkened transparent background (like the precision theme) instead of plain white and same with the pop-up menus.

a way to change the lock screen picture would also be nice.

again, great work. especially like the start menu too.
    07-22-09 05:28 AM
    could anyone shed some light on how to make a dedicated weather bug icon for the home screen. ive seen in other themes like the 3G jonathan. that would be a good addition for this theme.
    This would totally rock this theme even more!
    07-22-09 01:27 PM
    here is a OTA link for everyone to try.

You just place another icon where ever you want the weather icon to be.
    The weather app that the 3g theme uses isnt weatherbug, it's weathereye.

Weather eye doesnt show the temp with their icon. So you might want to have the slot have a permanent font with it so it can report the temp, cloudy etc.

The user has to manually place the weather app into the designated weather slot.If they dont have a weather app, they can place any icon there.. but most people who download the weather version of the theme intend to use a weather app.

This theme is great, its very similar to the inspirat theme.. very! but the downfall of inspirat was that there was no hidden today, weather slot, and poor support from the theme maker. He never replied to any posts or emails sent his way.

Thanks for the freeby!
    07-22-09 02:11 PM
    great theme, i tend to create my own so i won't use, but it looks great!!

Boomo
    07-22-09 03:50 PM
    i gotta say, this is one of the nicest themes. great job man!
    the only thing i can think of for improvement is maybe have the load circle thing on a darkened transparent background (like the precision theme) instead of plain white and same with the pop-up menus.

a way to change the lock screen picture would also be nice.
    This theme is great, its very similar to the inspirat theme.. very! but the downfall of inspirat was that there was no hidden today, weather slot, and poor support from the theme maker. He never replied to any posts or emails sent his way.

Thanks for the freeby!
    donnie, thanks for the heads up on the weather i will look into including that in my themes in the future and try to add that to this one.
    ive looked at the inspirat theme, i guess it cant help but be very similar to it. im a windows 7 user and a big fan of it so i tried to get it as close to it as i could.
    even down the dialog icons, border, and context menu. i even used the actual icons and orb from the .dlls. mines free though =]

ienhz, the pop up menu is made to look just like the right click context menu in windows. so a black menu would be a little out of place. as would a black background for the hourglass, you hardly see any black in windows.
    not to mention a .gif file dosnt have a full alpha channel. i wanted to just have the circle but it just didnt work right. white was all i could do.

thanks for all the feedback guys. ill keep everyone's thoughts in mind for updates and for all my future themes.
    07-22-09 05:24 PM
    there is something small i wanted to ask about the theme. For BBM, is it possible to change the color of the MSN messenger people to distiguish between one and the other? possibly make the BBM(msn) black and blue rather than Green and blue?
    07-24-09 05:29 PM
    Great theme!!! nice work!!!
    07-24-09 06:30 PM
    Nice work on this one! I always wanted that windows look!
    07-27-09 10:13 AM
    Terrific theme, did you ever get figure out how to insert the weather slot?
    10-02-09 12:38 AM
    Nice theme is there possibilities this will be ported over for the Tour 9630 ? With a weather slot perhaps =)
    10-02-09 01:11 AM
    Ah I like it. Great work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 01:21 AM
    I can't see the screen shots. On neither of my computers. :/

Since i can't see the pics I don't know if it's the same with this one, but i encountered a problem with the first version, the menus and pop-up windows were white - wich turned out to be a problem with 3rd party apps such as AccuWeather and CrunchSMS - the letters for the pop up windows were also white in these, so the text in the is invisible. Is there any way to change it? Because I love the theme and it's so easy to use.
    Last edited by tgff1901; 07-29-11 at 05:35 AM.
    07-29-11 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD