. . . I've been searching all over the place for a simple Today theme for an 8900. I hate to be a whiner, but I haven't been able to locate what I'm trying to find. Can someone throw me a bone?

Here's what I'm looking for:
    1. Today theme that is "on" all the time: no scrolling to reveal data
    2. Messages, Calendar on screen, Call Log if possible, all on screen (I'm fine with small fonts)
    3. Side scroll to reveal 5 apps
    4. As stock an appearance as possible, and stock 8900 icons/icon behavior, including correct routing of downloads to the "downloads" folder.

Yup, what I'm describing is essentially the "Dimension Today Plus" theme. I realize I can buy a direct copy of that theme at BlackberryCool, but it doesn't have a side launcher, as far as I can tell from the previews, and it uses the older icon sets.

I realize I'm being hard to please, but I figured I'd ask around to see if any of you have any idea of any themes that are close. My main beef with most themes is useability: it drives me crazy that, when I get a message, I have to hit a button on the berry, then scroll (and hope I don't scroll too far or not enough) to the correct icon, then look to see who sent a message - same for calendar appts or calls. I don't mind giving up a pretty background in favor of my info. Call me old fashioned...

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can provide...

JC
    08-11-09 07:19 PM
    If you find one, pm me and let me know. Ive been looking for sometime. Here is what I found that comes close. Take a look at them and see if you like them (sorry dont have the links anymore but you can do a search and they will come up).

Offical BlackberryOSvs
    IBerry_Today_Plus (the best Ive seen so for with the today)
    BoldTouch10HW
    bbprofessional
    3GStormV1
    3GStormBlack
    08-11-09 09:46 PM
    So you guys want a stock 8900 theme with the precision icons with the today elements and the side hidden dock? 5 icons I think would be to much on the side...
    08-11-09 10:14 PM
    Yup. I'm basically looking for this:
    www[dot]berryreview[dot]com/2008/03/26/free-blackberry-today-plus-theme-for-blackberry-8300/
    but with the stock icon set, instead of the old school one.

Sorry for the kludgy URL, but I don't have a high enough post count to post links or pics.

tmp3150, thanks for the advice - I'm googling those as we speak.
    08-11-09 10:19 PM
    Most you'll be able to get on a side dock with the banner the same as stock is 4 icons
    08-11-09 10:20 PM
    Ah. Well, 4 would be just fine, I'm sure. It's mainly the main screen I'm concerned with: being able to see simple today info, with no app icons cluttering up the bottom or sides, or "hiding" at the bottom - like I said, call me old fashioned, but I think RIM got it right with that dimension today plus theme - with or without the app launcher!

Anyway, thanks again guys...
    08-11-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD