Hi all,
    It's 50/50 if I have posted this is the correct area of the forum but I didn't know if this was a theme issue, or one that is specific to my device/OS.

I am currently running a custom theme on my BB (one that I created myself).
    The theme has 6 applications in the bottom dock (3 fixed and 3 user defined) and 1 in the title bar (weather app).
    I also have a hidden "Today" area on the home screen.

I have a couple of issues/questions:

Pin/Email messages in the Today area
    When I get a PIN or E-mail message, it will, as expected, show up in the today area.
    As soon as I go into my message inbox (they are all combined into 1 inbox) they will be removed from the today area.
    This is regardless of weather I open the actual message or not, just opening the inbox is enough to clear them from the Today area.
    I will still have the un-read icon, just no preview in the Today area.

SMS messages in the Today area
    So, when I get a SMS message (why my friends can't all get a BlackBerry and use BB messanger I will never know), the message will, as expected, show up in my Today area.
    Unlike e-mail or PIN messages, I can go into the inbox without clearing the today area. I can even open the message, read it and reply to it without clearing the today area.
    Here is the funny thing...
    I can even deleate the messge from my inbox without clearing the today area.

Any thoughts?

Cheers in advance for your help.
    08-26-09 01:59 AM
    The first one seems standard behaviour (I'm not a theme expert or anything, but the couple of today themes I have used have acted like that!).

The second point I think is also a fairly generic "feature" ;-) I have my bold holstered a lot, and if I take in out immediately (i.e. under a minute) after getting an sms, unlocking the screen takes me straight to the sms. It then remains on my home screen until my QuickPull runs overnight...

Not sure that anyone has found a fix for the second point, other than waiting for a minute to read an sms after holstering!
    08-26-09 06:31 AM
    Thanks Barljo,
    Just did a battery pull to see if that would fix the SMS issue and it did.

It just seems odd that it would be designed that way!
    I would have thought that as soon as an item is viewed, it is removed from the today area, that, or only remove it on delete.

Cheers for the advice.
    08-26-09 06:55 AM
    My emails and SMS message both remove themselves from my Today+ area every time after I open my Messages icon just like you describe in the first section.
    08-26-09 07:03 AM
    How odd.
    O well, not going to loose any sleep over this.
    08-26-09 07:22 AM
    Yea the today area for messages only shows unread messages. Once you read them, they go away.
    08-26-09 11:48 AM
    Hi aristile,
    I get that's how it SHOULD work.
    What I was saying was that is NOT how mine works.

I can read & delete a message and it will still show in my today area.
    But this only happens with an SMS message.
    BB messages, PIN messages and E-mails are all removed from the today area as soon as I open the folder, not the message, the folder.
    08-26-09 11:56 AM
    Hi aristile,
    I get that's how it SHOULD work.
    What I was saying was that is NOT how mine works.

I can read & delete a message and it will still show in my today area.
    But this only happens with an SMS message.
    BB messages, PIN messages and E-mails are all removed from the today area as soon as I open the folder, not the message, the folder.
    Ah ok, my bad. I admittedly skimmed the thread, sorry. So are you saying that emails stick in the today area but SMS do not? Have you tried a different today theme to see if something is just up with the one you are using? Its very possible a theme was created with a buggy version of Plazmic.
    08-26-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD