I couldn't find the theme I wanted so I decided to try to make one. I really didn't do much, just added a single line call log to the today theme that shows your last missed call. The messages will show your 2 most recent messages be it SMS, MMS, BBM or Emails from any account, who they are from and the subject along with a 6 app bottom dock. All the application icons are stock. If anyone else wants it, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the .alx file. Otherwise, if you have any questions fire away.

Chris

Last edited by sonar_chris; 11-07-09 at 02:06 AM.
    11-07-09 02:01 AM
    Wait a minute! You get your BBM messages to show up in the today area?
    11-07-09 08:13 AM
    Well sort of. I guess I should have provided more clarity in my original post. When you get a BBM, you will get the notifier at the top of the screen but you will not get a message preview via the messages part of my theme but when you click on the messages section you get this

This picture is of the today messages section of my theme. As you can see, the BBM shows up and has preview here but not at the home screen.
    11-07-09 08:35 AM
    I am very interested in this theme, I now use a similar theme from mrtolles, but this theme does not contain the missed call part. I have sent you a PM.
    11-07-09 09:05 AM
    You're a king of themes and you can't do this? Omg. Bro, I've been able to do this since my 1st theme. Go into plazmic and check the box that says --------.

BTW: Why don't you host this theme for him so he has a ota? That way it will help him out a bit.
    11-07-09 09:06 AM
    I am very interested in this theme, I now use a similar theme from mrtolles, but this theme does not contain the missed call part. I have sent you a PM.
    Replying now.

You're a king of themes and you can't do this? Omg. Bro, I've been able to do this since my 1st theme. Go into plazmic and check the box that says --------.

BTW: Why don't you host this theme for him so he has a ota? That way it will help him out a bit.
    I would host it OTA but I dont know anyone or anywhere I can have that done. If you know where I can get it hosted OTA I will gladly put it up.
    11-07-09 09:09 AM
    Replying now.

I would host it OTA but I dont know anyone or anywhere I can have that done. If you know where I can get it hosted OTA I will gladly put it up.
    I meant for Kscrum to host it for you.
    11-07-09 09:10 AM
    I meant for Kscrum to host it for you.
    Works for me LOL

I just emailed it to kinderenh so hopefully he will provide some feed back one way or another.
    11-07-09 09:13 AM
    I received the e-mail, thanks for that, I will install it later (my wife is now using the desktop PC). I will keep you posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 09:58 AM
    haha that's what I was thinkin'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 10:49 AM
    OK, I have finally installed the theme, here are my comments (screenshot has been attached).

Overall, this is a very usable theme, that shows all relevant info (or at least, what I find relevant) on the today screen.

There are only minor shortcomings:

* The top shade does not reach the top edge of the screen
    * The messages icon shade slightly overlaps with the top shade
    * The red titles are poorly readable when using a bright wallpaper, white or yellow will improve this a lot
    * It seems the call log icon has disappeared from the programs screen
    * A very thin line from the wallpaper remains visible at the top of the messages screen and the programs screen

I find the clock font size somewhat small. At night (when I have no glasses on) I much appreciate a readable clock. I cannot use the full-screen clock as the IT policy on my (corporate) BB locks the device automatically after 30 minutes.

In order to win space on the today screen you might drop one line from the messages screen. It would not work to drop one line from the calendar screen, it always needs two lines to show the current and the upcoming appointment.
    Last edited by kinderenh; 11-09-09 at 05:28 AM. Reason: one more glitch found
    11-09-09 01:46 AM
    Thanks for the feed back. I use a plain black background and havent tested the theme with any different wall papers. I will try to get these issues resolved tonight and send it out to you. Once again, Thanks for the feed back as I am new at this and just want to learn how to get it right.
    11-09-09 11:00 AM
    Just tested the update, it has much improved but still one or two small issues left.

For those who are interested in the wallpaper I used in the previous post, you can find the original picture here. It is free to use, but you will have to re-size / cut the image yourself to make it fit on the today screen.
    Last edited by kinderenh; 11-11-09 at 02:27 AM.
    11-11-09 02:18 AM
    Could I possibly ask this...

I'm struggling to fit two lines of messages, calendar & call logs using the standard size icons.

Does anyone know how to resize the icons in Theme Studio 5.0?

Or otherwise make it so it doesn't have to overlap and mess up my theme?

Thanks
    Last edited by nvious; 11-11-09 at 09:39 PM.
    11-11-09 09:23 PM
    I am trying to get the theme but I don't have 10 posts as I'm a newbie on this forum. What do I do?
    11-12-09 04:59 PM
    Could I possibly ask this...

I'm struggling to fit two lines of messages, calendar & call logs using the standard size icons.

Does anyone know how to resize the icons in Theme Studio 5.0?

Or otherwise make it so it doesn't have to overlap and mess up my theme?

Thanks
    I created this theme with plazmic, I just got creative with the home screen banner and made it small enough to fit 2 lines of messages, 2 lines of calendar and 1 one of phone log.
    11-12-09 05:41 PM
    Your theme looks great !
    I just PM'd you for the .alx files.
    Thx for sharing and keeping it free
    11-12-09 06:50 PM
    can you create this one for 5.0 firmware?
    11-13-09 05:53 AM
    greatttt
    11-13-09 08:01 AM
    can you create this one for 5.0 firmware?
    Already done, take a look here http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/os...ll-log-362650/ Its slightly different then the one for 4.6 but its in the same general format with a few refinements. I still dont have hosting for down load, so you have to PM me with an email address so I can send you the files.

Chris
    11-13-09 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD