Okay, I finally give up. After fiddling around with my theme and creating new ones for tests, I have come to a conclusion that I have no idea how to fix this. It might be a software bug, but who knows!? Since I can't even find the dang problem I'm having in these forums, I'm posting here. So on to my problem...

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1928/bbsrcnsht01.jpg

The above is making my hair fall out. After numerous tests, I have found out that as soon as I change the default font located at Edit menu > Change Fonts... of the Theme Builder, all **** will break loose. Even if I just reduce or increase the font by a single point. The above happens and it's pretty much impossible to change back. Changing the size or whatever for the "List" under the "Theme the Controls" have the same effect. For the record, I use the 4.7 Plazmic CDK (4.1.0.19 Apr 3 2009 - Theme Builder version). This "all blackness" spreads even to other applications like QuickLaunch. You can't even see what's on the menu because everything is black, until you highlight them. How do you guys change your fonts without this happening?!

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8039/bbsrcnsht02.jpg

Here's another minor problem. I'm a fan of small fonts so I like my themes with tiny fonts so there's lots of things you can fit on screen. But making the font tiny messes up a lot of things like the above picture. Also the menu is kinda iffy as well (as you can see) but that's a minor problem. I chose Verdana font. A simple BBAlphaSansSerif will fix that. My biggest problem is the first one up there. I'm just trying to make a simple personal theme, just the way I like it and these stupid things are preventing me from perfecting a simple theme.

Thank you very much for all your help in advanced.
    08-05-09 01:20 AM
    PM me your PIN and I'll tell you how to fix both of these problems.
    08-05-09 07:41 AM
    well that is not very helpful to the rest of us.....kscrum :P
    08-05-09 09:09 AM
    You having the same problem Clint?
    08-05-09 09:12 AM
    hahaha.... no just bustin your chops!!!
    08-05-09 09:17 AM
    I should start building themes then charge like $20 for them
    08-05-09 09:18 AM
    lol most people get away with charging too much for a simple theme with stolen icons and images. I have to admit that I was a victim of one, but one only! Now I just make my own for personal use. But I hit a brick wall and it's not very cool.

Anyways, thanks for answering guys. I have sent my PIN to you kscrum.
    08-05-09 11:27 AM
    yeah... the guys on here are cool and always willing to help
    08-05-09 12:05 PM
    Yes, could you please PM me with the solution as well? I always wanted to ask for help too, but didn't think it was going to get it. =)
    08-05-09 12:08 PM
    Maybe I should start making themes.... hummmmm
    08-05-09 12:10 PM
    This is how Rockdog97 solved it the dialog box color issue:

In theme builder, click on the Theme the Controls inspector box (the one with the OK and Cancel button). Then click on the rightmost box on the Background row and change the color. This essentially changes most of the dialog boxes (ie, lock screen dialog box, profile dialog box) to whatever color you choose… you don’t even need to mess with trying to change the 'background' png file - I've found that even if you try and change the 'background' png file to something that is darker, or lighter, and then change the 'tile image' size, you still end up with a dark Profile dialog box with the various profile selections all dark until you scroll over them.
    08-05-09 03:04 PM
    This is how Rockdog97 solved it the dialog box color issue:

In theme builder, click on the Theme the Controls inspector box (the one with the OK and Cancel button). Then click on the rightmost box on the Background row and change the color. This essentially changes most of the dialog boxes (ie, lock screen dialog box, profile dialog box) to whatever color you choose you dont even need to mess with trying to change the 'background' png file - I've found that even if you try and change the 'background' png file to something that is darker, or lighter, and then change the 'tile image' size, you still end up with a dark Profile dialog box with the various profile selections all dark until you scroll over them.
    I tried this. While you could solve this issue by doing so, how does the default theme and other people's themes make theirs have a white font color on a black dialog box while having BLACK colored list font. This is what's boggling my mind. Is there some kind of magic happening here?

The default themes have black dialog boxes and black list font. This black font magically converts to white when on the dialog box like the Profile dialog box or the QuickLaunch dialog box. Now, as soon as you fiddle around this default theme like change a font size, this magic disappears and you now end up with black list font on black dialog box. And this problem is undoable. By that I mean you can't enchant this theme anymore with the magic it once had.

Now you might say, why not just make white list font and black dialog box? Yeah well this white font is now unseen in other applications like Options. You just now see a white background on white text until you highlight them.

Anyways, time for work. I'm gonna be observing this thread on my 8900 and comment when possible but I wont have access to Theme Builder because I won't be home, lol. Thanks again for all the help! Hope to resolve this soon. You guys rock!
    08-05-09 03:59 PM
    I'm having a simular problem but its with the Icons. When making a new theme, I place the icons on the screen (not the exact apps I want, just the generic) then when trying to move them around in simulator or on the phone to the order I want on my phone, they dont move. any thoughts?
    08-05-09 06:16 PM
    I'm having a simular problem but its with the Icons. When making a new theme, I place the icons on the screen (not the exact apps I want, just the generic) then when trying to move them around in simulator or on the phone to the order I want on my phone, they dont move. any thoughts?
    I believe your problem is you didn't place a check mark on "Use Device Application Order". It's under "Theme the Home Screen". Check the screenshot below. I have highlighted it in yellow.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9599/bborderchk.jpg

Hope that helps. On the other hand, I'm still stumped and seeking help .
    Last edited by yamiLuceid; 08-05-09 at 11:44 PM.
    08-05-09 11:26 PM
    I believe your problem is you didn't place a check mark on "Use Device Application Order". It's under "Theme the Home Screen". Check the screenshot below. I have highlighted it in yellow.

well said!
    08-06-09 05:22 AM

Did you PM kscrum?
    08-06-09 08:52 AM
    Did you PM kscrum?
    I did. Sent BBM message too but no reply. But that's fine. Must've been busy. ^^;
    08-06-09 09:05 AM
    Yeah.... he is a ****!!!!

LOL jk
    08-06-09 09:19 AM
    Sorry, I was busy yesterday afternoon. I will get with you when I get off work today. And clint is right-I am a #@%#. Hhahaha
    08-06-09 10:09 AM
    Lol. That's cool. I should be on all night til 12-1AM EST. Thanks guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD