It this do-able? No one has come up with this so far, i'm wondering if it is because of a limitation with Plazmic, or just because no one else uses Tasks?

I like the Calender entries, but sometimes Tasks are more appropriate, it'd be nice if they showed up in the Today section somehow.
    03-14-09 10:35 PM
    If this was pos then that would be blinding
    03-15-09 03:34 PM
    No, not possible.
    03-15-09 04:34 PM
    Darn ... thanks for the reply
    03-15-09 04:59 PM
    If you setup your tasks to show in your calendar and you set a date to your tasks then it will show up under calendar. So if you have the today theme it will show up.
    03-20-09 12:29 PM
    If you setup your tasks to show in your calendar and you set a date to your tasks then it will show up under calendar. So if you have the today theme it will show up.
    It does not show up on any of my today themes and i do have my tasks set to show on calendar and do have dates in all my tasks.
    03-20-09 12:43 PM
    Just to confirm what the last poster said, it most definitely does Not show your tasks on your homescreen even if you have them shown in your calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 03:09 PM
    I think the fix for this is to set up your tasks as though they were an appointment. Wala!! Shows up on calendar...
    03-20-09 05:28 PM
    I think the fix for this is to set up your tasks as though they were an appointment. Wala!! Shows up on calendar...
    That is not a solution it is HUGE compromise. No one is going to do that as you lose all the functionality of the Tasks app.

03-20-09 05:44 PM
    That is not a solution it is HUGE compromise. No one is going to do that as you lose all the functionality of the Tasks app.

It all depends on what your priorities are. If you want your tasks to show up in calendar, then this is a solution... especially for the OP who is looking for alternatives to the basic task app. No worries... different strokes for different folks...
    03-20-09 06:39 PM
    It all depends on what your priorities are. If you want your tasks to show up in calendar, then this is a solution... especially for the OP who is looking for alternatives to the basic task app. No worries... different strokes for different folks...
    No, it is not a solution no matter what your priorities are.

He is looking for a way to have TASKS show up on his calendar view on his homescreen. He already knows that his calendar appiontments will show up un his homescreen so you telling him that his calendar appointments will show up on his homescreen is pretty redundant and not a solution in any way whatsoever.

Your "solution" does not address his issue at all.
    03-20-09 06:54 PM
    Yeah, it just will not show. Options do not allow for it.
    03-27-09 07:24 PM
    I've been looking to a way to do this also. I'd rather have tasks than the call log, which is easy enough to get to.
    04-14-09 02:46 AM
    If you open your calendar, go to options, go general options, and then scroll down near to the bottom, then you can select show tasks in the calendar.
    04-29-09 05:01 PM
    If you open your calendar, go to options, go general options, and then scroll down near to the bottom, then you can select show tasks in the calendar.
    That will not make tasks show in today view
    06-21-09 08:11 PM
    sorry there is a theme out there with a customizable today screen(messages are permanent but u can move any desired app to the top left corner and it will show on the today screen) but it is only for the Pearl i believe. it is made by user 2face-maze, i use it and i love it, i dragged my bbm up there.

but maybe if u contact him, he will design a 8900 version, its worth a shot...
    06-21-09 08:21 PM
    sorry there is a theme out there with a customizable today screen(messages are permanent but u can move any desired app to the top left corner and it will show on the today screen) but it is only for the Pearl i believe. it is made by user 2face-maze, i use it and i love it, i dragged my bbm up there.

but maybe if u contact him, he will design a 8900 version, its worth a shot...
    What's the name of this theme? I only find that members Pearl Precision Zen. He has a Today + version, but Today plus themes do not show Tasks. (nor did i think BBM?)
    06-22-09 09:46 AM
    its called the pearl precisions zen. choose the "weather plus version". what this theme allows you to do is to drag ANY app to the top left hand corner on the app screen and when you're on the home screen it will show messages + whatever app you put in the top left on the app screen. HTH.
    06-23-09 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD