03-24-11 08:06 PM
277 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Another way to fix the white background on the app screen with OS 5.0.0.314 is to go to Options > Themes and click on Reverie (or any custom theme with the same problem). Then, go to the last option (which is Theme Defaults) and choose to reset only the wallpaper. After this, you can set your custom wallpaper and it should work normally. Unfortunately, as with the other fix, doing a device reset or battery pull will probably bring back the white background and require that you follow these steps again.

EDIT: This fix will give you the theme's default gray wallpaper on the app screen, and not your custom one.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 10-25-09 at 01:14 AM.
    10-25-09 12:36 AM
    This is the only real bug I've run in to on .314 and AFAIK, no. There is a work around that if you switch to the Precision Theme then back to Reverie HT. The secondary wallpaper from the Precision Theme will show through. It's not perfect but much prettier than the white. Keep in mind this will only hold until you reset the device. If you reset, you need to repeat the procedure.
    Great ... that'll work! Thank you!
    10-25-09 12:39 AM
    Another way to fix the white background on the app screen with OS 5.0.0.314 is to go to Options > Themes and click on Reverie (or any custom theme with the same problem). Then, go to the last option (which is Theme Defaults) and choose to reset only the wallpaper. After this, you can set your custom wallpaper and it should work normally. Unfortunately, as with the other fix, doing a device reset or battery pull will probably bring back the white background and require that you follow these steps again.
    I tried this but could not get it to work. For me it shows my custom wallpaper for the main screen, and the default wallpaper for the Reverie HT theme "The Gray Background" as the secondary screen.
    10-25-09 12:56 AM
    Hmm... It's possible the fix I posted only works as stated for .314 on the Bold. Thanks for posting your fix -- it's certainly simpler than my version.
    No worries. In all honesty. I'm not that worried about it. Some people seem to be having more serious issues. But this has been nothing but a rock solid build for me. I haven't found any other bugs other than the theme thing. No resets, no glitches. Viigo works. I feel it's getting very close to release.
    10-25-09 01:07 AM
    I tried this but could not get it to work. For me it shows my custom wallpaper for the main screen, and the default wallpaper for the Reverie HT theme "The Gray Background" as the secondary screen.
    Hmm... It's possible the fix I posted only works as stated for .314 on the Bold. Thanks for posting your fix -- it's certainly simpler than my version.
    10-25-09 01:08 AM
    Yeah, this what I get too. No biggie, though... not a deal breaker for the OS or the theme.
    It is still, by far, my favorite theme!
    Thank you!
    10-25-09 01:12 AM
    UPDATE: Found a "Temp" fix. If you go into Theme Options. Menu Key -> Menu Key -> Options Switch from Zen to Today. Save. Exit Out. Go Back in and switch back to Zen. Your custom wallpaper will now carry over to the secondary screen.
    10-25-09 09:25 AM
    UPDATE: Found a "Temp" fix. If you go into Theme Options. Menu Key -> Menu Key -> Options Switch from Zen to Today. Save. Exit Out. Go Back in and switch back to Zen. Your custom wallpaper will now carry over to the secondary screen.
    Excellent! Thank you!

FTR, +1 for the shaded backdrop.
    10-25-09 11:34 AM
    Has any one else noticed that SMS/MMS don't show up in the today screen in the .314?
    10-25-09 01:13 PM
    Has any one else noticed that SMS/MMS don't show up in the today screen in the .314?
    Hmmm... I haven't noticed that (i don't think i've received any txts since I upgraded yesterday), but I'm intrigued that my daughter's txts show up as BBM. I guess I should read the .314 thread, eh?
    10-25-09 01:27 PM
    I know I'm in the minority but shaded please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 01:32 PM
    I'll be closing the backdrop voting at 11PM EST tonight.
    10-25-09 05:01 PM
    I'm still on .238 and SMS/MMS do not show up in the today screen. I heard it has something to do with the threaded SMS/MMS.

However, Mail displays in the today screen.
    10-26-09 12:20 AM
    The shaded backdrop voting has concluded, and the winner is:
    WITHOUT shaded backdrop

I'll soon be updating the first page and archiving the older releases.
    10-26-09 02:27 AM
    Dammit all too ****.....

10-26-09 02:28 AM
    This post serves as an archive for discontinued variants of Reverie HT. These variants are no longer being maintained.

A changelog for all variants (both current and discontinued) can be found at the bottom of this post.

OS 4.X-5.0 Compatible:

Reverie HT (COMBINED Email/SMS, WITH shaded backdrop)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 4.X-5.0
    (Last Updated 10/19/09)
    WITH weather slot: OTA
    WITHOUT weather slot: OTA

Reverie HT (SEPARATED Email/SMS, WITH shaded backdrop)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 4.X-5.0
    (Last Updated 10/19/09)
    WITH weather slot: OTA
    WITHOUT weather slot: OTA

Changelog:

*Updates 09/28/09 - 09/30/09* Swapped calender and message positions. Added shaded backdrop for hidden today. Added Separated Email/SMS version. Fixed message indicator overlap. Fixed calender text. Fixed lock screen.

*Updates 10/05/09 - 10/06/09* Moved clock icon on home and app screens. Added version without shaded backdrop for hidden today.

*Update 10/09/09* Added OS 5.0 beta.

*Update 10/12/09* Fixed button text cutoff in OS 5.0 beta.

*Update 10/17/09* Decreased menu and heading font sizes in OS 5.0 beta.

*Update 10/19/09* Fixed percentage bar cutoff in OS 5.0 beta.

*Update 10/21/09* Renamed the OS 5.0 beta to the OS 4.X-5.0 beta.

*Update 10/26/09* Removed shaded backdrop for hidden today from the OS 4.X-5.0 beta. Turned the OS 4.X-5.0 beta in to the official release. Archived older releases to this post.

*Update 11/17/09* Fixed clock on app screen. Made spacebar open QuickLaunch.

*Update 12/10/09* Added transitions versions.

*Update 12/11/09* Fixed user-end font customization on transitions versions.

*Update 12/16/09* Fixed text issues and hidden today highlight on transitions versions.

*Updates 12/19/09 - 12/20/09* Made square icon open first app on app screen. Made weather slot the second app on the app screen. Made spacebar a hotkey for both QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe.

*Update 01/03/10* Put weather slot text back in to weather slot versions. Swapped weather and square icon slots on the app screen in weather slot versions.

(The dates are in MM/DD/YY format.)
    Last edited by dagobah30; 01-03-10 at 02:18 AM.
    10-26-09 02:29 AM
    The better choice won out.

Now... is there any quick way to get all my icons in the right positions?
    10-26-09 04:31 AM
    I'm still on .238 and SMS/MMS do not show up in the today screen. I heard it has something to do with the threaded SMS/MMS.

However, Mail displays in the today screen.
    Maybe the combined version is better then...anyone else have this issue and what did you do? I love this theme though...LOVE!!!
    10-26-09 05:41 PM
    Threaded SMS on OS 5.0 is unfortunately not compatible with the hidden today feature.
    10-26-09 05:53 PM
    Threaded SMS on OS 5.0 is unfortunately not compatible with the hidden today feature.
    I have the separated inbox version ... I wonder if the combined inbox is having an issue showing the threaded sms. Anyone?

UPDATE: I downloaded the combined message theme and sms messages still don't show. Oh well.
    Last edited by ellegee; 10-26-09 at 10:47 PM.
    10-26-09 06:37 PM
    Maybe the combined version is better then...anyone else have this issue and what did you do? I love this theme though...LOVE!!!
    oops... guess I should have read all the posts!
    10-26-09 06:38 PM
    Is it only my 8900 on os 5.0, the little square button doesn't do anything

10-27-09 12:14 PM
    It's for QuickLaunch if you have QuickLaunch installed.
    10-27-09 12:23 PM
    The is a shortcut for a 3rd Party app called "QuickLaunch" which must be purchased separately. You can pick it for between 3 and 5 bucks depending on where you get it (Appworld/Mobihand) and if its on sale. Its an awesome program and well worth the money.

10-27-09 12:27 PM
    Oh okay thanks

10-27-09 02:33 PM
277 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD