This theme is a simple remix of Reverie D that replaces the dice icons with real ones. Check below for a description of features.

Enjoy!

(original version shown w/ custom wallpaper, available below)

(version 2 shown w/ custom wallpaper, available below)

Theme by Marc J.S. (AKA dagobah30)

Installation:

To install this theme, open the OTA link that pertains to the version you want from within your BlackBerry browser. Desktop installation is not available.

The dates are in MM/DD/YY format.

*NOTE* Some icons may not display correctly on the home screen.

*NOTE* Status text will not show for the hard coded profiles icon on the home screen.

*NOTE* If you are installing an "OS 5.0" specific version of the theme over an "OS 4.X-5.0" version, you may need to reset the home screen layout to its default. To do this, go to Options > Themes > (the Reverie theme you are using) > Theme Defaults. Then, select only Layout and hit Apply. A device restart / battery pull may then also be required.

*NOTE* The home screen's wallpaper will show through on the app screen only on the "OS 4.X-5.0" versions of the theme. The "OS 5.0" specific versions of the theme do not have this feature.

*NOTE* You may encounter a white background on the app screen when using the "OS 4.X-5.0" versions of the theme on OS 5.0. (The "OS 5.0" specific versions of the theme do not have this problem.) A fix for this can be found here.

Reverie D (Real Icons) original
    (WITHOUT Transitions)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 4.X-5.0

(Updated 02/05/10)
    WITH Toggle-able slot: OTA
    WITHOUT slot: OTA

Reverie D (Real Icons) version 2
    (WITHOUT Transitions)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 4.X-5.0

(Updated 02/05/10)

Reverie D (Real Icons) original
    (WITH Transitions)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 5.0

(Updated 02/02/10)

Reverie D (Real Icons) version 2
    (WITH Transitions)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 5.0

(Updated 02/02/10)

If you like and use this theme, please consider making a donation:

Donate

Any and all amounts are welcome!

Features:

Clickable Bottom Bar
    Every part of the home screen's bar is navigable and clickable, providing easy access to your apps. Certain apps -- namely options, clock, connections, and sound profiles -- are already hard coded in to different parts of the bar, but you can access additional apps through the use of the...

Real Icons
    Place six apps of your choice in the first six slots on the app screen, and then access them on the home screen by scrolling up/down through the "sides" of the real icon slot on the left side of the bar.

Toggle-able Bottom Bar
    The bottom bar can be altered or even hidden completely by scrolling up/down in the clock area. Full bottom bar navigation/clickability remains available regardless of the bar's appearance.

QuickLaunch/ShortcutMe Hotkey
    The spacebar on your device's keyboard functions as a hotkey for both QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe. (You need to have either QuickLaunch or ShortcutMe installed in order for this feature to work.)

Hidden Today
    Scroll to a today enabled app (such as messages or calender) via the real icon slot and an unclickable preview of corresponding entries will appear.

Toggle-able Slot for Weather/Meter App
    The theme is available both with and without a slot for your weather or meter app. To use the weather/meter app slot, simply place your app in the seventh slot (first slot in the second row) on your app screen. To toggle the visibility of the weather/meter app slot, scroll up/down in the profiles area.

Transitions
    This theme is available both with and without transitions. In the transitions versions, a fade effect will occur whenever the screen changes. (You need to be running OS 5.0 in order to install the transitions versions.)

You may feel free to link to this thread, but do not re-post or re-host the direct OTA links without permission.

The following images were generously provided by crackberry.com forum members. If you own a copyright to any of these images, you may request their removal.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 09-08-10 at 02:27 AM.
    hn.yan likes this.
    01-30-10 07:03 PM
    Sweet ! Great work man loving the remix
    01-30-10 07:24 PM
    Don't know if this is my phone only or not but just wanted to tell you, when I scroll all the way to the right on the bottom dock, "Profiles" does not appear above the time. I am using the updated version 1 where the time and date are on the bottom. All other info appears from "options", "clock", and "manage connections" as I scroll along the bottom dock. Its just the text for "Profiles" does not appear above the time as the other bottom dock interactive things do.

Have to say though, love the updates. Great work!
    Last edited by otbexige; 01-30-10 at 10:43 PM.
    01-30-10 09:05 PM
    Will you be making this for OS 4.6xx?
    01-30-10 09:24 PM
    If there is sufficient interest (and if it will work properly), a 4.x compatible version is something I can do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dagobah30; 02-04-10 at 04:12 PM.
    01-31-10 08:10 AM
    Will you be making this for OS 4.6xx?
    i would also be interested
    01-31-10 11:26 AM
    i would also love this theme for the 4.6 os
    i have the other reverie theme and i love it
    01-31-10 12:57 PM
    I absolutely love this theme! I have been using the reverie D theme non stop since it came out. The addition of real icons amazing! I could do without a toggable weatherslot though, and have a fixed weatherslot at the bottom right instead. Just like you did with the other reverie D version. Is that a possibility? I really hope it is!

01-31-10 01:26 PM
    I am interested in a 4.6 version with toggle, by the way my favorite feature is the clock scrolling to change the shading behind the upper and lower bars, I can customize for any wallpaper ever. THANKS!
    02-01-10 02:49 PM
    Update: The font sizes should now be similar to the ones in the "dice" versions. Non-slot and possible 4.X versions of this theme are still pending.
    02-02-10 01:51 AM
    Non slot versions for OS 5.0 are now available.
    02-02-10 08:09 AM
    Awesome updates. I've been searching every site for themes cause i like to switch things up but i have yet to actually download or use another theme since finding your reverie d. It has to be the most functional, useful, and minimalist theme ever. Thank you again for the time you've taken to create this for us!

Curious though, hate to break balls, but since you added the fact that the last icon (profiles) has the option to be non togleable, is "profiles" still not going to show due to the sw 5.0 thing? Or is it because there is still a chance that some will use the function for a meter? Just a curiosity cause I don't use a meter and don't really mind. I just always like to make sure things are working as intended.
    Last edited by otbexige; 02-02-10 at 09:01 PM.
    02-02-10 08:55 PM
    Fantastic job! I never thought I'd move on from Reverie D Original... but this may do it.

Keep up the great work. Will be rocking this theme very shortly...

EDIT: Rocking it now...

Last edited by shabbs; 02-04-10 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Added pic of screen.
    02-04-10 08:57 AM
    As a side effect of the real icon implementation, status text will unfortunately not show for the profiles icon.

02-04-10 09:20 AM
    As a side effect of the real icon implementation, status text will unfortunately not show for the profiles icon.
    Oddly enough, if I put the "Sounds" icon in one of the first six slots so that it appears as one of the "real icons" in the scrollable selection area, the text does appear. Would making it a "real icon" in the hard coded position fix that? Just brainstorming...
    02-04-10 12:09 PM
    Some compromises were made in order to accomplish the current look and function of the theme. With that being said, the profiles icon is a link to the profiles module instead of a normal link to profiles itself. (Though it may not sound like it, there is a difference)

I neglected to release this theme sooner due to shortcomings like this, but ultimately decided that they might be tolerable.
    02-04-10 03:45 PM
    Is there any hope for us OS 4.6 users (where the BES admin forbids us to upgrade to OS 5.0)? I really like this version but so far I cannot use it.
    02-05-10 01:20 AM
    The OS 4.X versions are up.

You'll find that these versions will also work on OS 5.0, but when using them as such, you may encounter the white app screen issue and need to perform the following fix:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/re...ml#post3907645
    02-05-10 04:36 AM
    The OS 4.X versions are up.
    Thank you!
    02-05-10 06:16 AM
    Looks like you swapped the links for the versions with and w/o a weather slot for OS 4.6. But they work OK.
    02-05-10 06:31 AM
    Links fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
    02-05-10 06:52 AM
    I love this theme. I was using your Reverie HT theme but this one rocks eve more! I didn't even notice that the profile text is not showing. The icon for the profile changes and that's perfect for me! I also love that you can customize the bottom bar. Great Work!
    02-05-10 08:00 AM
    Great Work - I Loved the previous version and this one looks even better ..
    I will download in a while .. :-)

Thanks
    02-07-10 03:06 PM
    working good on my 8900 with os 4.6

02-09-10 04:01 PM
    Hi, when I open the menu screen (where all the application icons are) and then close it again I get a lot of lag between closing it and the "desktop" (the main wallpaper screen) showing up again. Do you know why this is? This only happens with this theme.
    03-08-10 08:04 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD