i want more details on how this dude has ripped people off. if this is true why is he still allowed to post themes on cb. do moderators not regulate this stuff
    Not about regulating. CB makes money off these sales too. That's why they still allow it.
    10-29-09 12:45 PM
    It's called free-market / capitalism. Deal with it.
    10-29-09 12:54 PM
    so Crackberry knowingly allows people to sell themes that have copywrited material or "intellectual property" stolen to have been used make the theme? and then Crackberry profits from it so they look the other way so to speak?

wow, call me naive on this. I had no idea. I guess my question now is how is the 'normal' bb user who doesn't make themes supposed to know which themes are good to go and which ones are stolen?
    10-29-09 12:57 PM
    so Crackberry knowingly allows people to sell themes that have copywrited material or "intellectual property" stolen to have been used make the theme? and then Crackberry profits from it so they look the other way so to speak?

wow, call me naive on this. I had no idea. I guess my question now is how is the 'normal' bb user who doesn't make themes supposed to know which themes are good to go and which ones are stolen?
    That's the whole point of my posts in these threads.
    10-29-09 12:58 PM
    i want more details on how this dude has ripped people off. if this is true why is he still allowed to post themes on cb. do moderators not regulate this stuff
    While I can not comment on any specifics, we generally try to stay out of matters like this. We try to edit and delete as little as possible except for SPAM of course. We also do not mediate member interactions or transactions. We are not babysitters, and we are certainly not judges. We have some simple rules regarding posting etiquette and member conduct here. When those rules get violated we take action. HOWEVER we are a small staff of unpaid volunteers, and we can't catch everything, that's where member reporting comes in, instruction for which you will also find in that link I provided.
    10-29-09 12:58 PM
    While I can not comment on any specifics, we generally try to stay out of matters like this. We try to edit and delete as little as possible except for SPAM of course. We also do not mediate member interactions or transactions. We are not babysitters, and we are certainly not judges. We have some simple rules regarding posting etiquette and member conduct here. When those rules get violated we take action. HOWEVER we are a small staff of unpaid volunteers, and we can't catch everything, that's where member reporting comes in, instruction for which you will also find in that link I provided.
    It's because CB couldn't care less. This guy is banned from the other 2 popular sites. But then again, those 2 sites don't profit from members.
    10-29-09 01:00 PM

Actual copyright violation are taken VERY seriously, HOWEVER they need to be proven. For information on how to report such a problem email sitesupport(at)crackberry.com
    10-29-09 01:00 PM
    Actual copyright violation are taken VERY seriously, HOWEVER they need to be proven. For information on how to report such a problem email sitesupport(at)crackberry.com
    Sure they are. I have reported multiple times. Yet I was told "you ain't the owner, don't worry about it. Prove it".

That's when I try to hunt down the cw holder.

I do more work to get peoples cw material off here than the staff does. I actually care because selling others hard work is BS.
    10-29-09 01:02 PM
    AS CB should take copyright violation seriously, I have never once seen a theme for sale that contained copyrighted materials on the Crackberry forums. The complaints posted by waldog and others about "stolen" material is simply their way of getting attention. Now while I agree that there are some people that post that this is their original material and it is not, it is important to remember that once you alter a NON-copyrighted material in any way, it becomes your material. While a lot of people that post on these forums are naive, brook196, you fall well outside of that category reserved for people who come here just to bash peoples hard work.
    10-29-09 01:05 PM
    AS CB should take copyright violation seriously, I have never once seen a theme for sale that contained copyrighted materials on the Crackberry forums. The complaints posted by waldog and others about "stolen" material is simply their way of getting attention. Now while I agree that there are some people that post that this is their original material and it is not, it is important to remember that once you alter a NON-copyrighted material in any way, it becomes your material. While a lot of people that post on these forums are naive, brook196, you fall well outside of that category reserved for people who come here just to bash peoples hard work.
    Bull****. All the iphone stuff is stolen. Almost all of it is protected under the creative commons licensing. You need to read the fine print under the stuff you steal when you steal it. It's available free to all, and is prohibited to be sold.

Yet you theme makers do exactly what it says not to. That's a violation of the rights you agreed to when you downloaded it. Therefor, it's stolen.

Funny how you post and try to act smart. Yet you can clearly tell you need more education on material. And the new posters that have posted here claiming the stuff is their work. It really is. I know because i hunted them down on the net and reported all of you thiefs.
    10-29-09 01:10 PM
    Bull****. All the iphone stuff is stolen. Almost all of it is protected under the creative commons licensing. You need to read the fine print under the stuff you steal when you steal it. It's available free to all, and is prohibited to be sold.

Yet you theme makers do exactly what it says not to. That's a violation of the rights you agreed to when you downloaded it. Therefor, it's stolen.

Funny how you post and try to act smart. Yet you can clearly tell you need more education on material. And the new posters that have posted here claiming the stuff is their work. It really is. I know because i hunted them down on the net and reported all of you thiefs.
    I can assure you waldog I need no further education on this subject. As to stolen iPhone material, I am extremely curious as to what you are referring to as stolen. If the Apple logo appears on a theme that is sold, that is copyright infringement. However, most of the icons and various other pieces are created by third-parties for the iPhone platform. This material is free to all, but not separately licensed and copyrighted by Apple. You seem to need a lot more education on this subject.
    10-29-09 01:22 PM
    I can assure you waldog I need no further education on this subject. As to stolen iPhone material, I am extremely curious as to what you are referring to as stolen. If the Apple logo appears on a theme that is sold, that is copyright infringement. However, most of the icons and various other pieces are created by third-parties for the iPhone platform. This material is free to all, but not separately licensed and copyrighted by Apple. You seem to need a lot more education on this subject.
    Jeezus. You fail. It's is protected by the creators of the material. No wehere did I say it was copywriten by Apple.

I can no longer hold up this conversation with you. As I may as well go talk to a wall that comprehends English and human communication. As you don't seem to.
    10-29-09 01:25 PM
    getting back to the theme itself - I like the icons, they go well with the theme as to not distract from the overall look.
    10-29-09 01:26 PM
    getting back to the theme itself - I like the icons, they go well with the theme as to not distract from the overall look.

The icons are what's stolen. They're the Token icons on deviantart.com.
    10-29-09 01:28 PM
    PK stepped in here twice to warn you all. End it here or thats it. There is no point to the bickering. You should all realize its an endless cycle and thats all there is too it. Use the 'ignore' feature if you must but please give it a rest.
    10-29-09 01:30 PM
    Jeezus. You fail. It's is protected by the creators of the material. No wehere did I say it was copywriten by Apple.

I can no longer hold up this conversation with you. As I may as well go talk to a wall that comprehends English and human communication. As you don't seem to.
    Then be more specific and less vague. These are the basic rules of communication. If the material is copyrighted by the original creator, then of course rules apply. I've said as much in the last 30 posts on the matter. Once again, I call you out to provide proof of this infringement. Show me a theme on this forum that infringes a copyright and I will say, "Well what do you know, copyright infringement." Until that point of time, you can continue to get frustrated with my responses, but I must say, you are the one with the communication issue. Remember: be more specific and less vague

And sorry I just saw the forum mod reply, i will use ignore feature.
    Last edited by aflansburg; 10-29-09 at 01:33 PM. Reason: just saw forum mod reply SORRY
    10-29-09 01:32 PM

The icons are what's stolen. They're the Token icons on deviantart.com.
    holy ****, these are protected by:

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License

I'll give you this one waldog. The theme looks good, but it is in the muddy waters of possible infringement (unless given permission by the copyright holder).
    10-29-09 01:36 PM
    If you want details on how Cory/Crook/C_86 ripped folks off, PM me.. He has ripped off more then just icons and I have plenty of proof, including his own admission!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 05:53 PM
    Waldog usually knows what he's talking about when it comes to themes. He makes his own icons and themes too. Many people put a statement with their free themes that says something like "this is my stuff and you can use it but don't sell it and don't repost it and leave it the h#*l alone. No true copyright is filed per se. Plenty of themes cruise by here with NFL logos, Disney characters, the Hello Kitty. But if you don't sell them it's probably legal to make the themes. Just leave stuff you find that others did where it is. That's all I think he's saying
    10-29-09 06:46 PM
    and as far as this post goes I agree, I just don't like a couple of the false accusations and the way he goes about posting. that's more of my issue with him.
    10-30-09 02:37 PM
    and as far as this post goes I agree, I just don't like a couple of the false accusations and the way he goes about posting. that's more of my issue with him.
    K, well I asked somebody else to shut you up. Didn't work. You keep this **** going. Why not just let it die?!? I know my **** when it comes to themes. I also know 90% of the premium theme stuff is stolen (including your iphone battery). I make accurate accusations. You just don't seem to believe them. I believe you fail to believe because you are the one stealing and profiting off it. If you want to sell a theme, fine - sell it. But don't sell stolen material. Then I will call you out on it and let people know not to buy the theme you "threw together".
    10-30-09 02:59 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD