https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...1D8AFF9C107C58

There's the link.

This means new themes that developers may now legally charge for.
    03-16-09 03:08 PM
    Thanks for the update!
    03-16-09 03:27 PM
    how does plazmic work? im a first time blackberry user and have no clue about themes
    03-16-09 03:40 PM
    Plazmic (owned by RIM) is for making themes.

If you do not wish to make your own themes, then this is of no interest to you. Just browse this little forum and pick a theme theme that you like the look of and download it.

Pid for themes tend to be a ittle better than free ones but you can have a lot of fun (just like the writers) with free themes too.
    03-16-09 08:05 PM
    What are the risks of using a theme that was made with the beta or w/e for the 8900?
    03-16-09 08:18 PM
    Dunno exactly but I have had my 8900 crash completely when using a theme that I wrote with an early beta.

I lost a whole 3 minutes, big deal.
    03-16-09 08:25 PM
    Is the program somewhat easy to use or is it a bit complicated?
    03-16-09 09:13 PM
    Is the program somewhat easy to use or is it a bit complicated?
    If you have a Mac, it is extremely hard to use (i.e. impossible).

If you have a Windows machine, it depends on your ability. What is easy for one person could be a nightmare for another. Without knowing your background, can't really say.
    03-16-09 09:58 PM
    I would like to hear from anyone that has used this release on it's differences, from the beta, if any.

I've downloaded it, just haven't had time to install and check it out.
    03-16-09 10:15 PM
    Curious as I have a few "Beta Themes" I like very much. Instead of waiting for the creator to make it "official" under the new release, is it difficult for me to extract his creation and "resave it" with some of my own tweaks to make it official?
    03-17-09 03:41 AM
    Does anyone have a mirror link? For some reason anything I download from blackberry.com will not download faster than freakin dial up and I have a 20/20 connection so I know it's not that. Thanks guys.

Oh nevermind. I found one in one of the other plazmic threads.
    Last edited by CrypticAssassin; 03-17-09 at 05:01 AM.
    03-17-09 04:58 AM
    Curious as I have a few "Beta Themes" I like very much. Instead of waiting for the creator to make it "official" under the new release, is it difficult for me to extract his creation and "resave it" with some of my own tweaks to make it official?
    I'm pretty sure that's not possible. I know you can't remove and edit someone else's theme, so I would think that you couldn't extract and re-save either.
    03-17-09 10:57 AM
    I'm pretty sure that's not possible. I know you can't remove and edit someone else's theme, so I would think that you couldn't extract and re-save either.
    Thanks! Makes sense, especially for ppl selling 'em. I had a brain freeze....
    03-17-09 02:56 PM
    This is like any program. You need the source file(s) before you can make changes to it. This protects the program (or theme) writer from unauthorized use of their work.

In the case of a theme, you need at least a .thm file and more complex themes also use a .svg file.

These files are rarely, if ever - I have never seen one - distributed with the theme install package.
    03-17-09 03:13 PM
    Oh nevermind. I found one in one of the other plazmic threads.
    Can you post that link please?

Im having the same trouble

Thanks
    03-17-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD