Hello!

I am getting this error in theme OTA downloads: Download failed -> 907 Invalid COD ... last thing I tried getting was the free pure.basic.precision theme... I did not pay attention at first, but this the 3rd theme that gives me this error...
    My system software reads: v4.6.1.239 (platform 4.2.0.110) ... downloads from official bb site work fine btw...
    09-14-09 06:49 AM
    Could be the theme developer's ota link is down.

Have you thought about contacting him, or posting this question in the Themes Forum?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 07:02 AM
    I did post in the pure.basic.precision theme thread, it appears one more person has the same problem, but noone actually commented on that in a week's time...
    09-14-09 07:51 AM
    Where is this theme?

I just tried searching for it to try the ota link, and couldn't find anything close to your description anywhere in the 8900 theme forum.

09-14-09 08:20 AM
    here is the ronda one that does not work for me:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/fr...otunda-295894/

and here is the pure.basic one, as seen on the news: Free Blackberry Theme: pure.BASIC - purelab.
    09-14-09 08:32 AM
    The Rotunda theme is for the Tour - not the 8900 & I just tested the pure.BASIC using the above link & it works.

I believe that jas0ns (the creator of pure.BASIC) took down all his themes from CB & only posts on the website that you listed above. If you're still having problems PM him as he still is a member here.

09-14-09 09:37 AM
    the rotunda theme has a 8900 version, if you see in the post it gives this link:
    For our 8900 friends: http://ezylinkexpire.com/?438:Rotunda8900 , that is a ~92kb file which gives me the 907 error..
    09-15-09 01:03 AM
    a few possibilities......

- the .jad file is bad and doesnt lead to the rest of the .cod files
    - you are using your hotspot brower, try it over the internet browser not over wifi
    - delete your briwser cache and try again <<--- this worked recently with someone getting invalid cod 907 errors trying to get BBM5.0 OTA and it solved the issue.
    09-15-09 01:51 AM
    thanks dictoresno, I will try the cache solution.... I am trying to get the files via GPRS, not wifi btw

edit: nope, did not help...
    Last edited by keropi; 09-15-09 at 02:52 AM.
    09-15-09 02:50 AM
    what a load of BS damnit! I tried getting the new opera beta from m.opera.com/next , guess what: 907
    09-17-09 06:36 AM
    what a load of BS damnit! I tried getting the new opera beta from m.opera.com/next , guess what: 907
    A different browser will make ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE!!!! LMAO!!!

An OTA link links to the .jad file, which has a number of .cod files which must be in the same folder as the .jad file... if the programmer does not copy all the files to the server you will get the same error no matter what browser you use.

If it does not work, it does not work!!! The programmer will need to recompile the theme and copy ALL the file out to the server to resolve the issue... in the mean time, no amount of download will change the issue.
    09-17-09 06:58 AM
    I think the OP meant he was trying to download the Opera browser from his BB browser (not download the theme from an Opera browser), and got the same 907 error.

Have you checked that your browser is in BlackBerry emulation mode?

Browser > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification = BlackBerry

09-17-09 07:09 AM
    hello
    where u able to resolve ur issue? im trying to download a theme for my 8900 and its giving me the same 907 message. I cant download it from the wbesite cus its a zip file so i downloaded it to my mac and from there into the media card. I have all the COD files and the JAD file. When i clikc on the COD files it just tells me it cant display but when i click on the JAD file it gives me the option to download the theme. So once i click download it goes halfway and then, guess what? that damned 907 error message. Its pissing me off, the website that has the theme (blackberrythemes.net) doesnt have a contact or a q&a section or anything.. they onyl explain how to download their themes through the comp to the media card (which is how i did it) but i still cant get the damn theme to download.
    HELP MEEE i really really reaaaallllyyy want this theme
    11-06-09 03:38 PM
    If you downloaded a Zip file that contains everything... it should have had an .ALX file with the .COD files... you need to use DM (Desktop Manger) to load that on your device... start DM > Application Loader > Browser to the .ALX file and add that to your device.

.JAD files are used for OTA (Over-The-Air) link that you would use your Blackberry Browser to browse to and click on.
    11-06-09 03:56 PM
    A different browser will make ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE!!!! LMAO!!!

An OTA link links to the .jad file, which has a number of .cod files which must be in the same folder as the .jad file... if the programmer does not copy all the files to the server you will get the same error no matter what browser you use.

If it does not work, it does not work!!! The programmer will need to recompile the theme and copy ALL the file out to the server to resolve the issue... in the mean time, no amount of download will change the issue.
    i think they are saying they tried to down load the beta opera and got the same error code....
    11-06-09 04:18 PM
    i think they are saying they tried to down load the beta opera and got the same error code....
    I'm replying to cbrillem... who posted a follow on question... did you look above my post???
    11-06-09 05:00 PM
    I am sooooo frustrated!!! OOOOHHH!!! Hi, I am new here & I have the Blackberry Tour 9630. Frustratingly enough, I have tried everything to try and download a theme! I downloaded from the link, I sent the jad from my pc to my phone, and no matter WHAT, you know, I still get the 907 error! My brother says I don't need the "Desktop Manager", so I do not have it, I mean, I have no idea what to do? My brother just emailed me saying I "need themes compatible w/ OS 5.0"???? What does that mean??? Does anyone know where to get that? I don't know, I am confused.
    04-29-10 04:57 PM
    Well, answers, anyone?
    04-29-10 05:29 PM
    I am sooooo frustrated!!! OOOOHHH!!! Hi, I am new here & I have the Blackberry Tour 9630. Frustratingly enough, I have tried everything to try and download a theme! I downloaded from the link, I sent the jad from my pc to my phone, and no matter WHAT, you know, I still get the 907 error! My brother says I don't need the "Desktop Manager", so I do not have it, I mean, I have no idea what to do? My brother just emailed me saying I "need themes compatible w/ OS 5.0"???? What does that mean??? Does anyone know where to get that? I don't know, I am confused.
    I'm sorry to say, but I do not see any answers here at all!
    04-30-10 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD