If you are unfamiliar with the concept of ONYXia, you can check out version 1 and version 2 to get yourself up to speed, or I can break it down in a few words: Simplicity. Functionality. Style. Professional.

These words are what I repeat to myself when designing each version, and now I want to add a new word to the list: Innovation. What I wanted to do for version 3 was something that I've never seen done before, since most themes just re-use the same old concepts. I think I have succeeded with this, and I'm proud to present you with the new iteration ONYXia!

With a lot of time, exploration, and trial and error, I have found a way to enable multiple home screens on the BlackBerry, similar to how the Android OS functions. ONYXia 3 comes in two flavours: Triple Screen and Dual Screen.

Enjoy a beautiful panoramic wallpaper that shifts in focus as you transition through the multiple home screens. In the Triple Screen version, you can scroll all the way to the left to view the Messages screen, and all the way to the right to view the Calendar screen. Conversely, the Dual Screen version allows you to scroll all the way to the right to view the combined Messages/Calendar screen. These screens are HUGE and allow up to 9 entries each, and are super wide so you can get a true preview of each entry!

The Main Screen features a 12-icon dock, that are now STANDARD size. Many people had issues with icon badges/stars in previous versions with the reduced icons sizes, but the standard-size icons fix these issues. The top banner has also received a face lift, including custom battery / signal meters that change colour as they deplete. You can always count on ONYXia to have a weather slot, which can be found in the center of the top banner, and QuickLaunch / SMS which can be launched with the Spacebar and Dollar Sign buttons, respectively.

As always, ONYXia is FREE! I was this close to submitting it to the CrackBerry app store, but I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy this theme. What I ask instead, is that if any personal customization is desired, I would LOVE to honour them, on a donation basis (no matter how small). Everyone has different needs, and it would be impossible to cater to everyone without some sort of monetary motivation, especially with school starting up again really soon. I think this is more than fair, so if anyone has their OWN dual screen / triple screen wallpaper and want it incorporated into this theme, or if you want any other aspect of the theme changed, I'm at your service!

Okay, sorry for all the walls of text, now onto the theme!

Home Screen (Triple Screen Version)

Calendar Screen (Triple Screen Version)

Home Screen (Dual Screen Version)

Messages / Calendar (Dual Screen Version)

These and other beautiful single/dual/triple screen wallpapers can be found at StudioTwentyEight : giving your computer a new look

Notes:

- when you first load the theme, it's gonna look a bit messy, just scroll to the left and right screens once and it will fix itself immediately
    - do not place the Messages / Calendar apps on the main screen, they have their own dedicated screens for that, it will potentially mess up the look depending how many entries you have
    - don't forget to battery pull after you install!

Click HERE to download ONYXia v3!

Last edited by VinceThePrince; 02-24-10 at 02:07 AM.
    01-05-10 07:34 PM
    Big Fan Of Onyxia Nice Adjustments ! Thanks For Ur Hard Work
    01-05-10 07:42 PM
    Very interesting concept. Version 2 has been one of my faves and most used themes, I had been wondering what you'd be coming up with to improve on it. Very much looking forward to putting this great theme to use. Thanks for the consistent quality and most of all for sharing your art with the masses for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 07:44 PM
    WOW, i really like this
    thank you
    01-05-10 07:53 PM
    I'm intrigued to say the least, and I've not used one of your themes before (how I could have missed one I have no idea, I thought I'd tried every free theme ever posted here lol). But I will try the 3 screen one and comment. And we have a Droid in the household too, I like the 3 screen panoramic concept but have yet to move any icons to the lateral screens. Thanks for your thoughful comments and themes Vince.
    01-05-10 09:33 PM
    looks nice v1 is the best
    01-05-10 11:01 PM
    This is NICE! One question, how does a person change the wallpaper? I personally need a darker background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 11:19 PM
    Hey Vince! This is a great addition to the Onyxia series. Probably visually the prettiest! I prefer the efficiency of v2 though. =) Keep up the great work!!
    01-06-10 12:53 AM
    My BB runs on OS 4.6 so neither version will work on it. As my BB is BES controlled upgrading the OS is not an option. Do you have a build for OS 4.6?
    01-06-10 01:37 AM
    Thanks for the appreciation everyone! I am glad that my hobby rewards me with your kind words =)

The wallpaper is hard-coded and must be manually changed by me. There is no way around this, I couldn't change this if I wanted to. Please consider my proposal in the theme description as an alternative.
    01-06-10 01:37 AM
    My BB runs on OS 4.6 so neither version will work on it. As my BB is BES controlled upgrading the OS is not an option. Do you have a build for OS 4.6?
    Unfortunately, that cannot be done. Sorry to say, it's not an option given to me when I export.
    01-06-10 01:38 AM
    Oops, I have 4.6 too. Well if I decide to upgrade I'll try it then. I've got like 15 themes that are good to tide me over lol. Thanks again for sharing it.
    01-06-10 11:04 AM
    I don't understand the big differences, but I'm going to download it to find out.
    01-07-10 12:17 PM
    your ota link is invalid,please check it
    01-07-10 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD