***UPDATE 8/05***
    theme is back up

***UPDATE 6/20***
    theme is taken down for now, until indicators problems are fixed. sorry for the inconvenience

***UPDATE 5/28***
    ok, it's back up now, with the smaller fonts and stuff. I rebuilt it and hopefully people won't see as many problems. as always, your feedback is much appreciated and thank you to everyone that's helped me out.

link is still the same as before in the original post. (but this time it definitely shows the changed theme in plazmic, should say something like 2009.5.28.0249. my gf tried it for me and said it works (finally)

she says the theme works fine for her, but we'll see. nothing should be completely different from the screens, but hopefully the functionality has been restored.

***UPDATE 5/27***
    reworked critical parts of the theme
    fonts are updated, hopefully they will fit to most people's tastes
    wallpapers updated to fit better

this version upon install should say something like 2009.5.27.1508.

hopefully I've fixed the grid problems, I still have no answers for that.

**UPDATE 5/26***
    Updated to a new version
    font should be visible on profiles menu

alrighty, got a lot of requests for this to be ported to the 8900. original thread for 9000 theme is here, along with a link to the theme's original idea thread by lilhaloshaka. big thanks to him for the initial design and the meters.
    note* I have not tested this theme for the 8900, you guys can do it for me :P

Features
    Hidden Today - scroll over respective icons (messages, calendar etc.) for the Today entries
    8-Icon Bottom Dock - all icons are user-defined
    Price: Free

OTA download only. No longer taking requests for the desktop install files to be emailed. sorry.

Link: Neu :: Curve 8900 w/ Hidden Today - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Feedback/comments welcome, if there are any problems with the theme please let me know so I can fix them.

***NOTE***
    on the Bold version, people were complaining that there was no SMS icon... well, that's impossible, as all icons are hard-coded into themes anyway. if you have this problem, go into Messages > Options and make sure the "SMS and Email Inboxes" is checked on "SEPARATE".

Screen:

more screenshots available @ link

enjoy

Personalization
    if you want the theme personalized, a (small) donation is required, of however much you see fit. as much as I'd like to customize the theme to every single person's specifications for free, earth's rotation has allowed me only 23.934 hours in a day.

donations for this theme and all my other themes will be going to the SPCA (website here), a great organization that helps out animals in need. if you like any of my themes, I encourage you to donate, if not to me then to the SPCA themselves. if you donate straight to the SPCA, and can prove it, you can have anything customized on any theme, free, paid, doesn't matter.
    donation button is in the link to my blog in signature.
    donations directly to the SPCA are here SPCA International - Donate
    Last edited by ninja please; 08-05-09 at 02:14 AM.
    05-24-09 07:55 PM
    ok, made a minor fix to the homescreen icons, theme is back up.
    05-24-09 08:27 PM
    I like this theme a lot! Really clean & no lag or anything. Amazing. Thanks
    05-24-09 08:41 PM
    sweet! sooner than i thought. lol
    05-24-09 09:44 PM
    Really nice theme. Super clean. Love the small font. Great job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 10:01 PM
    Looks great.
    05-24-09 10:15 PM
    Looks awesome! Just what I have been looking for! Downloading it now
    05-24-09 10:15 PM
    Good stuff as always ninja...
    05-24-09 10:19 PM
    berry-berry niiiiiiiice...

05-24-09 10:46 PM
    Looks really good, thank you!

05-24-09 10:54 PM
    wow this looks like a great theme, will be trying it out.
    05-25-09 04:32 AM
    Wow I love this theme! It's now my top pick!

It's very clean, very fast, the icons are great, the colors are awesome, even the backdrop is an amazing looking shot!

My opnly complaint is that the "today" list font size is a lil big compared to everything else, kinda throws it off for me. I'd love this theme even more if the font size for application name and the today were the same or simliar.
    05-25-09 01:06 PM
    this is gorgeous, something to alternate between my pip boy 3000 theme
    05-25-09 09:12 PM
    Wow I love this theme! It's now my top pick!

It's very clean, very fast, the icons are great, the colors are awesome, even the backdrop is an amazing looking shot!

My opnly complaint is that the "today" list font size is a lil big compared to everything else, kinda throws it off for me. I'd love this theme even more if the font size for application name and the today were the same or simliar.
    I'll see if there's a smaller version of that particular BBfont, the reason I chose that one is because it is outlined in black so if anyone changes the wallpapers they'll be able to see the text no matter what color the bg is.
    05-25-09 09:27 PM
    I LOVE THIS THEME! w00t!
    05-25-09 09:29 PM
    I'll see if there's a smaller version of that particular BBfont, the reason I chose that one is because it is outlined in black so if anyone changes the wallpapers they'll be able to see the text no matter what color the bg is.
    That is my favorite part of the theme. Now I can finally use some lighter backgrounds. I don't know why more theme makers don't use it.

05-25-09 09:42 PM
    nice theme and thank you.
    05-25-09 10:06 PM
    Love the theme, thanks!

05-25-09 10:39 PM
    Best theme
    05-26-09 02:25 AM
    Ninja...that is one clean theme. Love it very much. Now I can really enjoy my wallpaper more

BUT..after I change the wallpaper..which means change the application list's background as well..and try to reset it to the default wallpaper...the background on the application list doesn't change.
    Does this thing happened to anyone else?

Thanks Ninja

05-26-09 09:24 AM
    I've actually adpated to the larger font. maybe one size smaller would be cool...just so I can get more entries on the screen.
    05-26-09 10:12 AM
    Ninja...that is one clean theme. Love it very much. Now I can really enjoy my wallpaper more

BUT..after I change the wallpaper..which means change the application list's background as well..and try to reset it to the default wallpaper...the background on the application list doesn't change.
    Does this thing happened to anyone else?

Thanks Ninja

try changing the theme and then going back to it, and try a battery pull. I've had that problem in the past and I think I had to reinstall it. not sure why it does that.
    Last edited by ninja please; 05-26-09 at 11:58 AM.
    05-26-09 11:54 AM
    for starters, very very clean theme
    i like the look a lot
    i have yet to run it
    i want to know a specific first:

***NOTE***
    on the Bold version, people were complaining that there was no SMS icon... well, that's impossible, as all icons are hard-coded into themes anyway. if you have this problem, go into Messages > Options and make sure the "SMS and Email Inboxes" is checked on "SEPARATE".
    does that apply for the 8900 as well?
    i like to have my inbox combine all emails and sms/mms, not separate.

05-26-09 12:34 PM
    for starters, very very clean theme
    i like the look a lot
    i have yet to run it
    i want to know a specific first:

does that apply for the 8900 as well?
    i like to have my inbox combine all emails and sms/mms, not separate.

well, if it's combined then you won't need to see the SMS icon. people were complaining that the sms icon just disappeared but that's impossible, so I put that notice up on there.
    05-26-09 03:01 PM
    Awesome theme! Thanks!

Just a question. Anybody else notice that when you open profiles, the profile names aren't visible until you scroll throught them?
    05-26-09 03:36 PM
195 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD