Hi there,

last week i bought the mechanism theme from Elecite.com and at the rist seconds i was quite happy with the cool futuristic design. With time passing by disapointment was showing up with the amount of "bugs" the theme had.

In most of the apps the background is dark grey with black text, so you can imagine how much one is able to see. This happens especially on iSkoot where i chat a lot.
    If anyone has the theme, do you know if there is a posibility to switch the color to something brighter (either the text of background!)???

I also wrote to elecite for some help but all i got is in way like "shut up and enjoy the theme if you want!!"

cheers
    06-08-09 10:09 AM
    I personally think there are way to many great FREE themes here to pay someone 7 bucks for a theme that they give no support for nor really even give a good screen shoots of what you are getting for 7 bucks.

I do not have the theme, but there is no way for you to change the themes color. Best you can do is ask Elecite to upgrade it but they already have your money.
    06-08-09 10:26 AM
    Unfortunately, mrtolles is correct in the fact that you shouldn't get your hopes up for any support from Elecite. The only thing you can do is spread the word that their themes are buggy.

I wish this web site would quit promoting their crap.
    06-08-09 01:40 PM
    Tell me about it. I bought 2 of their pieces of garbage when I first got my 8900. They look great in the screenshots but are utterly useless in application. There is way more functional stuff here for free.
    06-08-09 01:43 PM
    lol.. I bought one of their themes too, back when i first bought my theme. I deleted it like 1 week later.. and then decided that I would never BUY a theme again... Free ones are WAY BETTER BRO!

Never pay for a theme! lesson learned
    06-08-09 01:47 PM
    I want my $14 dollars back. I got ripped.
    06-08-09 01:47 PM
    Yep I bought one too and of all the themes I have its one of my least favorites.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 01:54 PM
    Agreed, free themes are the best in my opinion...

06-08-09 01:58 PM
    It seems that I am not the only one with this problem...

Now I have put my old theme cause lately I found the blue icons a bit tiring. It was a bit too much contrast with the blue and white.
    The guys from elecite don't care at all for the customers. If some users that create themes for free and if they make upgrades, why should elecite not do it???

I just have one message for the others:
    DON'T TRUST THE SCREENSHOTS FROM ELECITE AND THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING A THEME FROM THEM!!!!

Take care

06-09-09 11:23 AM
    I agree with you on this one, i bought this theme but it was slow and has skinning issues.

Lesson learned.
    07-03-09 01:19 PM
    I purchased thier Mechanism theme as well and literally deleted within 5 minutes of using it. Not only was it useless, but it was slow as all f*ck. I will NEVER purchase anything from them again. Another thing that pissed me off was that one of thier chosen default icons on the homescreen was an icon that took you to thier homepage.
    07-03-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD