I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and I tried searching for an answer but can't seem to find one: is there any option to keep the icon arrangement (what is hidden, what is in a folder, what order they are in) the same when switching themes? I keep having to hide and move everything when I switch, which is annoying.
    07-13-09 02:16 PM
    Nope there isn't a way, it resets everything whenever you load a new theme. Once you switch though and come back it stays the same unless you have deleted the theme
    07-13-09 02:20 PM
    Thanks, that's what I thought but I wanted to make sure.
    07-13-09 03:00 PM
    Yeup anytime!
    07-13-09 04:08 PM
    Nope there isn't a way, it resets everything whenever you load a new theme. Once you switch though and come back it stays the same unless you have deleted the theme
    So to clarify, if I have the theme and the icons how I want them, then delete the theme, then reinstall, I have to set up the icons again?

Thanks TA.
    07-15-09 09:58 PM
    So to clarify, if I have the theme and the icons how I want them, then delete the theme, then reinstall, I have to set up the icons again?

Thanks TA.
    Yup, just like Theme Addiction said.

I have had to re-arrange icons and folders alot lately trying out different themes. But I am going to start waiting until I decide to keep a particular theme before I start modifying icons and folders.
    07-16-09 10:42 AM
    Yea I typically just move the main apps that I know I'll use (mainly it's bbm and sms) and then try out the theme so I don't have to take the time to move everything and then go to another
    07-16-09 10:53 AM

Thanks TA.
    I do not know (or think) that the 8900's 4.6 Operating System keeps themes settings after an uninstall, But on the 5.0 Beta OS (5.0.0.100) it DOES keep your theme settings after an uninstall.
    07-16-09 11:02 AM
    I do not know (or think) that the 8900's 4.6 Operating System keeps themes settings after an uninstall, But on the 5.0 Beta OS (5.0.0.100) it DOES keep your theme settings after an uninstall.
    Now I really hope they get to launching 5.0 quicker....
    07-16-09 11:21 AM
    For me, I'm using the 4.6.1 os and I've erased a few themes. When I download them again, its kept the order of my icons, except for my email messege icons that are not hidden anymore and show in the icons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 12:24 PM
    For me, I'm using the 4.6.1 os and I've erased a few themes. When I download them again, its kept the order of my icons, except for my email messege icons that are not hidden anymore and show in the icons.

I have not been on 4.6.1 for so long i was not sure. Thanks for the info.

In the BETA 5.0.0.100, the hidden files stay hidden.
    07-16-09 12:30 PM
    This is probably one of my biggest annoyances with themes.

07-16-09 12:37 PM
    If it remembers your icon arrangements AFTER Uninstalling a Theme....then doesn't that mean the Theme wasn't uninstalled completely?
    That's really annoying
    07-16-09 12:44 PM
    If it remembers your icon arrangements AFTER Uninstalling a Theme....then doesn't that mean the Theme wasn't uninstalled completely?
    That's really annoying
    I guess that would mean some part of the theme was left on the Device, but the 8900 has so much Free memory, I take it as a blessing that i do not have to re-order my icons. I often uninstall a couple few themes and the theme i'm upgrading before i "upgrade" a theme so that way when the upgraded theme is installed, i do not have to wait for a reboot before getting to see the new features of the upgraded themes.
    07-16-09 12:58 PM
    All, I just confirmed that on 4.7 OS you can delete a theme, do a battery pull, reinstall the theme, and your icon order will be preserved. This is great news for me because now you only have to keep the current theme your using installed on your device. I do not know if a handheld wipe or OS upgrade would remove this ability, however. I assume so. I guess I should take this info over to the Storm forum now...
    07-17-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD