How exactly do you install themes onto your bb...??
    Whenever I download it, it downloads as a .jad file. And when I try to use DM to put it on my bb it doesnt find it anywhere.
    Last edited by stm1691; 11-07-09 at 11:51 AM.
    11-07-09 11:45 AM
    There are two ways to install themes on your BB.

1. The OTA way. You must use the BB web browser for this. This forum also has a BB friendly lay-out, just surf to m.crackberry.com on your BB. When you see a OTA download for a theme, just click on it. Your BB will download the theme and install it automatically.

2. The Desktop installer way. This is what you use if there is no OTA download or if you have no BB at hand (i.e. you are surfing on your PC). You will need BB Desktop Manager on your PC. If a theme is available for desktop install, download the theme to your PC. Next, connect your BB to your PC using the USB cable. Next, start BB desktop manager on your PC to install the theme to your BB by using the "Application Loader" feature of BB desktop manager.

After installing the theme on your BB you need to activate it (i.e. make it appear on your BB home screen). For this you press the Programs button on your BB, select "Options", then pick "Theme". Your freshly installed theme will show in the list of available themes, just select and activate it.
    11-07-09 12:15 PM
    I sure appreciate the simple explanation. I'm pretty new to this whole world, and I've done extensive research to try to learn as much as I can. I'm having a problem with themes.

I have a brand new bold, os 4.6.0.304.
    I've even tried with the DM 4.7 and no dice.

I've downloaded a few of them, but where did they go? When I search in my applications, I can find them. But when I go to themes to activate it, it's not there.

There must be something I'm not doing. Can anyone help, puleeeezeeeeeee??
    TIA
    11-21-09 08:57 PM
    If a theme does not show up in options/themes,
    it is probably not designed for your Bold or your OS version.
    Check this before you download anything,
    The section wre are now in only contains themes designed for a 8900 Curve,
    these themes will not work on a 9000 Bold.
    All themes here specify for which model and which OS they were designed..
    A defective theme can be removed at the options/advanced options/applications screen.
    After a application delete you will have to reset the BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 12:33 PM
    @kinderenh : thanx for good explanation. i'm a one day old BB user, and i must say this helped me.
    11-27-09 04:39 PM
    is there a way i can covert a .JAD file to .ALX or .COD? cause I cant seem to install some android theme eCruz made on my storm via OTA?
    12-10-09 06:48 PM
    hi,

you must search software for jad installation. Try to find OTA loader, then copy paste download jad file to that software, then after finish download, copy all the file you download to your bb, then search the .jad file, then click it to install
    12-21-09 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD