View Poll Results: I come to the themes forums for?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Premium Themes

1 1.96%
  • Free Themes

34 66.67%
  • Both Premium and Free Themes

16 31.37%
    I agree with you Danniel. I've only come across a few themes that I feel are worth the money. I don't buy many themes but the ones I have are def keepers such as the HTC 2.0 theme. I love that one.

Post 800 in a few weeks I'll be to 1,000!
    yup! He makes good themes. Im a fan of Hastings. His Appleberry theme was the first theme I bought (before I even knew what Plazmic was ) and I still use it today. He is VERY helpful too... I asked him many questions when learning to make themes and he would answer me in detail.

He da man!

I think a premium theme must have at least
    1: 100% user customization
    2: All new icons (no OEM icons)
    3: Possibly a sliding/moving dock
    4: Weather/today/non versions of the theme
    5: Custom battery, reception, UMA, etc icons.

then, it might be worth the purchase.. but this is my qualifications, might not be how others determine what's worth purchasing...
    Last edited by dannieloco; 07-01-09 at 02:26 PM.
    07-01-09 02:10 PM
    "c_is_for_crackberry" makes some nice themes and even though they are free I'd be willing to make a donation for him to keep on rolling out quality themes.

There are also many theme makers that work very hard on creating themes and just enjoy the fact that people are sporting their work. It should be left up to the maker if they want to charge or take donations. But in the end most themes can be duplicated in some way or another.

Also, if you are going to charge for a theme at least post a video of it in action with plenty of screen shots. When I had my pearl I would buy themes and be very disappointed.
    07-01-09 02:23 PM
    "c_is_for_crackberry" makes some nice themes and even though they are free I'd be willing to make a donation for him to keep on rolling out quality themes.

There are also many theme makers that work very hard on creating themes and just enjoy the fact that people are sporting their work. It should be left up to the maker if they want to charge or take donations. But in the end most themes can be duplicated in some way or another.

Also, if you are going to charge for a theme at least post a video of it in action with plenty of screen shots. When I had my pearl I would buy themes and be very disappointed.
    Thats a common mishap. It's happened to EVERYONE who has bought a theme or two.
    07-01-09 02:25 PM
    I think the forums for free and pay-per-themes should be separate for sure. There are many many excellent free themes on this forum, way more than any other device forum I've seen anywhere. I would buy a theme but it would have to be special and I'd need a bunch of screenshots to convince me. I saw a cool Mini Cooper theme for the 8300 that was $3 that I'd buy for my 8900. $7 for a theme is too much IMO. It should have custom icons for sure, and have some trick animation feature or something that sets it apart from the usual suspects.
    07-01-09 02:38 PM
    I think a premium theme must have at least
    1: 100% user customization
    2: All new icons (no OEM icons)
    3: Possibly a sliding/moving dock
    4: Weather/today/non versions of the theme
    5: Custom battery, reception, UMA, etc icons.

then, it might be worth the purchase.. but this is my qualifications, might not be how others determine what's worth purchasing...
    So with these qualifications Donnie why then do you still post things in people's threads that fit your qualifications?

Not trying to start a war or anything because I understand both sides of the story and I for one never paid for a theme when I first started in the BB world so I went and started making themes on my own which is where it lead me to now. But what I don't understand is why make all the fuss about everything. If you don't want to buy it or have anything else to say about it from not buying it then don't bother posting anything. Why "thread crap" as some users like to say and post meaningless things on the forum which just clutter the forum. Why not do what you suggested in another thread and just not post anything at all

All my free themes I can't post here due to the restrictions of CB or I would post my free themes as well
    07-01-09 03:04 PM
    OK... so let the deleting begin... wow huge censorship here!!!

I am waiting on my PM as to why my thread was deleted!
    07-01-09 03:06 PM
    Both, but free is easier on my wallet.
    07-01-09 03:12 PM
    No censorship, you can read his post and look what I quoted, I didn't change anything to what he wrote just quoted the part that I thought was necessary to my reply
    07-01-09 03:13 PM
    No censorship, you can read his post and look what I quoted, I didn't change anything to what he wrote just quoted the part that I thought was necessary to my reply
    I don't think he means you.

EDIT: And it WASN'T me.
    07-01-09 03:18 PM
    Both, but free is easier on my wallet.
    GRRRR!!!

THEN LET US HAVE FREE EFFiN THEMES!!!
    07-01-09 03:19 PM
    So with these qualifications Donnie why then do you still post things in people's threads that fit your qualifications?

Not trying to start a war or anything because I understand both sides of the story and I for one never paid for a theme when I first started in the BB world so I went and started making themes on my own which is where it lead me to now. But what I don't understand is why make all the fuss about everything. If you don't want to buy it or have anything else to say about it from not buying it then don't bother posting anything. Why "thread crap" as some users like to say and post meaningless things on the forum which just clutter the forum. Why not do what you suggested in another thread and just not post anything at all

All my free themes I can't post here due to the restrictions of CB or I would post my free themes as well
    I appreciate premium themes that have custom icons at the very least. Aside from that, I prefer the free ones.

if it was up to me.. I'd ban premium makers from posting a simple theme and try selling it for 4.98 or more. Im not gonna call out names. 4.98 should be a theme with work and time devoted to it and should not be amateur work.

I cant think of a theme that "met" my qualifications where Im posting crap on.. link me if so.
    07-01-09 03:20 PM
    Well from looking at your requirements, just by going by mine..both my Vista and Tiger Berry meet those and yet you still posted comments that it wasn't free
    07-01-09 03:24 PM
    Sorry Theme Addiction.... That was not directed at you.... I posted a thread for discussion and it was deleted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 03:25 PM
    DUDES! 4th place in the June contest! WOOOO FREAKING HOO!!! (by one vote.)
    07-01-09 03:27 PM
    Sorry Theme Addiction.... That was not directed at you.... I posted a thread for discussion and it was deleted.

It's alright, just was making sure that from what I quoted from Donnie that I never changed anything he wrote, just took out the previous things
    07-01-09 03:27 PM
    Well from looking at your requirements, just by going by mine..both my Vista and Tiger Berry meet those and yet you still posted comments that it wasn't free
    yo man, I BOUGHT TigerBerry, Im using it now.. If anything, I'd like to see the text under the weather icon. I dont recall what comment ur referring to.. but man, I supported ur work by buying it. feel free to look me up, ill give u my email addy.
    07-01-09 03:29 PM

Man Cilantro

first it was danniecoco and now im donnie..
    lol

It's DANNY!
    07-01-09 03:30 PM
    GRRRR!!!

THEN LET US HAVE FREE EFFiN THEMES!!!
    Who said you could not have free themes?
    07-01-09 03:37 PM
    There has been a lot of discussing lately about this topic. Well, lets be honest, some of it wasn't discussion. But, now there is open discussion and hopefully a resolution for everyone on the horizon. I thank you ALL who voted. I have requested this thread/poll be closed as i do not feel it is in the best interest of working out the resolution.

To both sides, I ask that we all respect that the discussions are being being made in a less public matter, and know that further public discussion will only hurt both sides.
    07-01-09 03:49 PM
    Man Cilantro

first it was danniecoco and now im donnie..
    lol

It's DANNY!
    yo man, I BOUGHT TigerBerry, Im using it now.. If anything, I'd like to see the text under the weather icon. I dont recall what comment ur referring to.. but man, I supported ur work by buying it. feel free to look me up, ill give u my email addy.
    Sorry about that Danny, for some reason I was thinking it was Donnieloco...dunno where I got that one. I was unaware you bought that them since it's hard to keep track of everyone who buys my themes. There was a few posts that you said "To bad it wasn't free" which was what I'm referring to with the posting useless things in a thread
    Last edited by Theme Addiction; 07-01-09 at 04:03 PM.
    07-01-09 04:01 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD