View Poll Results: I come to the themes forums for?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Premium Themes

1 1.96%
  • Free Themes

34 66.67%
  • Both Premium and Free Themes

16 31.37%
    EDIT
    There has been a lot of discussing lately about this topic. Well, lets be honest, some of it wasn't discussion. But, now there is open discussion and hopefully a resolution for everyone on the horizon. I thank you ALL who voting. I have requested this thread/poll be closed as i do not feel it is in the best interest of working out the resolution.

Simple really. Why do you come to the themes forums? For Premium Themes or for Free Themes?

Please note, you can only vote from your PC. Polls are not assessable via the mobile version of the site.
    Last edited by mrtolles; 07-01-09 at 03:44 PM.
    07-01-09 11:47 AM
    free... I am actually here to learn and share themes... already knowing Flash animation, Photoshop, and some programming, it is nice to use it in action and see how people like it...
    07-01-09 11:50 AM
    Free, they are usually as good as premium. The premium themes cost too much!
    07-01-09 11:56 AM
    free... I am actually here to learn and share themes... already knowing Flash animation, Photoshop, and some programming, it is nice to use it in action and see how people like it...
    ME too! I really enjoy making themes and sharing them with people! It makes me happy, believe it or not, when people download my free themes knowing somewhere out there in the world, someone is rockin' my theme.
    07-01-09 11:56 AM
    Free!

and once in a while when the premium themes are priced right, and look sweeeeet... Ill see it worth buying. But many premium themes simply arent worth my hard earned cash mo'ney.

You can only vote from your PC, not your BB device.
    07-01-09 11:58 AM
    Free!

and once in a while when the premium themes are priced right, and look sweeeeet... Ill see it worth buying. But many premium themes simply arent worth my hard earned cash mo'ney.

my $3 can buy me a bag of chips or a beer even. My $7, well, that can but me 2 gallons of milk (not the organic ones, those are expensive), a bottle of cheap wine, wine coolers, maybe a six pack of beer..... and THOSE are worth buying.
    07-01-09 12:01 PM
    Free, Free, Freeee!!!
    07-01-09 12:02 PM
    Absolutely FREEEEEEE!!

If I wanted a premium theme, I would go to the store. I'm not stupid - if I want to buy something I go to the store - if I want to check something out (advice or OTA theme) from someone offering it for free then I go to the forums.

And I HAVE been in the store. I actually purchased a few things too - go figure!

07-01-09 12:02 PM
    free! free! free!!!
    07-01-09 12:04 PM
    Free!

Thanks Danny, i will update that in the OP.
    07-01-09 12:07 PM
    Free Fool! *Smokey - "You know how wee do it"*
    07-01-09 12:21 PM
    Best things in life are free...

And some of the best theme makers here share them for FREE!!!!!
    07-01-09 12:28 PM
    Lat me thin-nevermind-FREE
    07-01-09 12:32 PM
    i am here for both free and premium...

if a premium theme is worth the money...ex. like brandy's and ecruz's theme i dont mind paying for them...the themes shows the work and the quaility they have....

i wont pay $7 for a theme that only changes wallpapers and the rest is generic....
    07-01-09 12:55 PM
    One ,Two , FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No Brainer Really

Too Much Hi Class Perfection Here For FREE So Why Pay For Less
    07-01-09 01:15 PM
    I'm a FREEBIE!!!!
    07-01-09 01:18 PM
    Free and Premium. I've downloaded many free themes but they're rarely "a keeper" .. The premium themes I buy have wayyy more detail in 'em than 5 free ones combined.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 01:33 PM
    Free and Premium. I've downloaded many free themes but they're rarely "a keeper" .. The premium themes I buy have wayyy more detail in 'em than 5 free ones combined.

That all depends on the free theme you're downloading. Most primo themes I try are not worth $7.
    07-01-09 01:37 PM
    Free is best! ;D

If a prem 1 really catches my eye I MIGHT buy it, depending on price but haven't had that yet.
    07-01-09 01:46 PM

HEy now...I change almost everything in my themes and their FREE...by golly I think I just got my feelings hurt!!!!
    07-01-09 01:57 PM
    HEy now...I change almost everything in my themes and their FREE...by golly I think I just got my feelings hurt!!!!
    Repost it, i was told NO negative posts.
    07-01-09 01:58 PM

that goes both ways. There are MANY premium themes costing $4.98 and more, that are poorly made... and are better off being free because they are definitely NOT keepers.

Many premium themes are quality. but there are more and more people selling themes that arent worth any money and should be free.

I like the premium themes too.. the ones worth their money. And many free themes are getting bettter and better everyday.. some being very equal in quality to premium ones.
    07-01-09 01:59 PM
    I agree with you Danniel. I've only come across a few themes that I feel are worth the money. I don't buy many themes but the ones I have are def keepers such as the HTC 2.0 theme. I love that one.

Post 800 in a few weeks I'll be to 1,000!
    07-01-09 02:04 PM
    I know i've customized a few of mine for some users in here. Did those for free.

I think five free ones are better than one paid one.
    07-01-09 02:05 PM
    I think I would be hard pressed to buy a theme since all these guys on here create great free ones!!!
    07-01-09 02:08 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD