Hi all,

I have tried themes that supposedly unclutter the homescreen, but I really didnt like any of them, and they slowed down my BB.

I am just looking for something that will make all the icons on my homescreen disappear when Im not scrolling around the icons. So that more or less only my background is showing. Is a new theme the only way to achieve this? Think of what I want as a screensaver.

Also, do I need a new theme in order to have my background image show in the background of the main menu?

Thanks!
    06-26-09 02:31 PM
    you need a hidden dock theme or you can check out my list of free themes i have a Full Screen No Icon one, actually 6 versions to choose from
    06-26-09 02:36 PM
    you need a hidden dock theme or you can check out my list of free themes i have a Full Screen No Icon one, actually 6 versions to choose from
    Thanks man, your no icon themes are great, might check a few of them out.
    But there is nothing that can "hide icons on inactivity" or when in standby or similar?

thanks man!
    06-26-09 02:41 PM
    yah i theme is the only way to achieve this..

c has many themes that will fit ur needs.
    Well, what themes have you tried? i guess is where we should start. I think there is very minimal slowdown from any of my themes but hey, i'm bias. You should always battery pull after installing a new them, it will help the BB run better. Just take note that OS 4.6 and 3rd party themes cause errors when rebooting with UNREAD messages.

But, in my signature, Zulu, Vizion and two of the Modified precision themes have hidden docks. you can also search for Xavier. There are also Modified Precision themes that change the app screen wallpaper as well, but i think most theme makers chose not to change the app wallpaper b/c lots of wallpapers do not look good on the app screen. There are not a lot of hidden docks in here, but there are a few and of course i'm always working on another hidden or moving theme.
    Thanks man, your no icon themes are great, might check a few of them out.
    But there is nothing that can "hide icons on inactivity" or when in standby or similar?

thanks man!
    no. that feature doesnt exist on the BB Operating System
    06-26-09 02:42 PM
    There are no themes that i KNOW about that have an "auto" hide. The themes with hidden docks usually hide when Profiles is selected. I am trying to see if it is possible to auto hide docks for an upcoming theme.
    06-26-09 02:44 PM
    Well, what themes have you tried? i guess is where we should start. I think there is very minimal slowdown from any of my themes but hey, i'm bias. You should always battery pull after installing a new them, it will help the BB run better. Just take note that OS 4.6 and 3rd party themes cause errors when rebooting with UNREAD messages.

But, in my signature, Zulu, Vizion and two of the Modified precision themes have hidden docks. you can also search for Xavier. There are also Modified Precision themes that change the app screen wallpaper as well, but i think most theme makers chose not to change the app wallpaper b/c lots of wallpapers do not look good on the app screen. There are not a lot of hidden docks in here, but there are a few and of course i'm always working on another hidden or moving theme.
    Actually, your Zulu theme dows a lot of what I want. I guess I didnt look well enough! I'd like to try it out, but the OTA DL link in the thread is broken. Is it up anywhere else?

Edit: Found it here

Thanks for the help man, and great job on those themes!
    Last edited by Agresvig; 06-26-09 at 03:47 PM.
    06-26-09 02:58 PM
    Actually, your Zulu theme dows a lot of what I want. I guess I didnt look well enough! I'd like to try it out, but the OTA DL link in the thread is broken. Is it up anywhere else?

Thanks for the help man, and great job on those themes!
    Hope they are what you are looking for.

Zulu/Reversed

Zulu Today
    06-26-09 03:44 PM
    Hi all,

I have tried themes that supposedly unclutter the homescreen, but I really didnt like any of them, and they slowed down my BB.

I am just looking for something that will make all the icons on my homescreen disappear when Im not scrolling around the icons. So that more or less only my background is showing. Is a new theme the only way to achieve this? Think of what I want as a screensaver.

Also, do I need a new theme in order to have my background image show in the background of the main menu?

Thanks!
    hey man not sure if this is what you are looking for but i think that is should work for ya:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/cu...e-page-255529/
    06-26-09 06:58 PM
    i found a way to hide your home screen apps([email protected])
    10-31-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD