Hello, all!

I'm wanting to create some new themes with the Plazmic 4.7 CDK and can't figure out how to get the 89xx themes I've built to work on an 83xx device?

I've searched this site for possible pointers/answers, but I'm coming up empty.
    Does anyone have any pointers that would help?

Thanks in advance for your time!
    04-26-09 01:42 AM
    You can't get a theme that is built specifically for one device to work on another. You have to build it for the specific device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 02:13 AM
    You can't get a theme that is built specifically for one device to work on another. You have to build it for the specific device.

Hum not entirely true. You have to open the phone that you want want to make the them for. Then go to file and click on import then choose the saved file you want on the new device. Then edit it to fit the new decicve.

04-26-09 09:38 AM
    Hum not entirely true. You have to open the phone that you want want to make the them for. Then go to file and click on import then choose the saved file you want on the new device. Then edit it to fit the new decicve.

Thanks for that information! Let me reiterate what I believe you're saying:

When you say 'open the phone that you want to make them for', are you
    referring to the initial setup of the theme when I choose the phone/OS I
    want the theme to be used on when creating a blank (brand new) theme?

I tried performing these steps (in order) that seemed to match what it was you're trying to say:

1. Started the Plazmic 4.7 Theme Builder
    2. Selected 'File -> New' and entered the following data:

o Name: TestTheme-8300
    o Device: 8300 Series (320x240)
    o Type: Custom

and then selected 'Create' to initialize the theme. However, I'm not sure
    if I should choose the '8900 Series' theme at this point? Or, if my choice
    of the '8300 Series' theme was the correct choice?

What I want is to be able to create/use an 8900 Series styled theme on
    my 8300 Series device. I think I messed-up here, though. Anyway...

3. Trying to use 'File -> Import' at this point simply opens a new editing
    session on top of the one I just started, and doesn't allow any of those
    elements to be used in that original session. I'm still in the process of
    reviewing all of the documentation that comes with the product for some
    clues, but if there is a distinct path from this point that will allow me to
    create the 8900-styled theme for an 8300 series device, let me know.

I'm not really a newbie at this, but have not worked with the 4.7 CDK, yet.
    Most of the themes I've created in the past were for specific OSs, as there
    was not much interest (for my users back then) for styles other than was
    was currently available for their current device.

I'm really playing catch-up, unfortunately. :^) Thanks again for your help!
    04-26-09 08:47 PM
    I'm by no means, a plasmic "master" or even a "mid-level" user.

But i did have a guy PIN me about my "gemma" theme for the 8900, and he wanted to use it on a 83xx series so what i did was ......

Open Plazmic.

When the "start theme" menu popped up, the one that ask you which device you'd like to start a theme for i selected 8300 series.

when that popped up i went to file > import then selected the saved file for the theme. not the .alx or the .jad/cod files but the actualy saved .thm(?).

it showed everything for the 8300, all the correct icons / all the wall papers were the same, as what i had chosen for the 8900. but to fit the 83xx series....
    04-27-09 08:45 AM
    Thanks for that information! I really appreciate it!

I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I'll post my results as soon as I'm done with the test.

Have a great day!
    04-30-09 09:07 AM
    I'm by no means, a plasmic "master" or even a "mid-level" user.

But i did have a guy PIN me about my "gemma" theme for the 8900, and he wanted to use it on a 83xx series so what i did was ......

Open Plazmic.

When the "start theme" menu popped up, the one that ask you which device you'd like to start a theme for i selected 8300 series.

when that popped up i went to file > import then selected the saved file for the theme. not the .alx or the .jad/cod files but the actualy saved .thm(?).

it showed everything for the 8300, all the correct icons / all the wall papers were the same, as what i had chosen for the 8900. but to fit the 83xx series....

Well -- I gave it a shot with your instructions, and the only thing that came over when I imported the 8900-based *.thm file were the font settings and the bottom-dock icons I'd laid-out prior to the import.

None of the graphics from the 89xx theme template come over.

The theme type I used for the 89xx setup I wanted was 'custom', and this was the same theme type I used for the 83xx template, too. That seemed to help, but it didn't solve everything.

I appreciate your help and have gotten a bit closer, but there are so many other icons from the 89xx template that are missing that I can't call this a success. I'll keep plugging away, and welcome any additional input you may have.

Thanks again for your time!
    04-30-09 10:24 AM
    I'm new at building themes and was wondering if you've gotten any further at creating your 83xx theme from an 89xx? I would like to incorporate some of the same styles into some 83xx and 88xx themes I've been thinking of making, but can't figure out.
    05-07-09 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD