So, a lot of these theme makers are having holiday discounts. I know you noticed them on the sites home page. I urge you to take advantage of this. Premium themes for half off is a great way for you to convert from free to paid. I know there are great free themes out there, but these premium themes offer a lot more(90% of the time) so try em out.

go to:
    Elecite

WJD

JP
    12-21-09 12:19 PM
    Have to disagree on that one. There are several free theme makers out there who have themes that are better than any I have seen that are considered "premium". HD has one with snowflakes that is not half as good as the ones that emarsha and mrtolles made - and theirs are free.

Save your $$:
    People new to blackberries need to search the web and you will find a few good theme makers that offer their themes for free all the time. No club memberships, no $6.99 themes that are not worth it, etc.

I have several that I use on a regular basis and will put them up against any paid themers any day of the week. PM me if you would like my links for them.
    12-21-09 12:29 PM
    Have to disagree on that one. There are several free theme makers out there who have themes that are better than any I have seen that are considered "premium". HD has one with snowflakes that is not half as good as the ones that emarsha and mrtolles made - and theirs are free.

Save your $$:
    People new to blackberries need to search the web and you will find a few good theme makers that offer their themes for free all the time. No club memberships, no $6.99 themes that are not worth it, etc.

I have several that I use on a regular basis and will put them up against any paid themers any day of the week. PM me if you would like my links for them.

agree 100% i think you said it best when you say people new to blackberries need to search more, there is enough free "premium" themes that you can have a new theme every day of the year
    12-21-09 03:53 PM

Save your $$:

Thanks!

I know everyone has their own opinion, just glad to read posts like yours that recognize the free theme makers. My opinion about PREMIUM themes is that emarsha, kscrum, red zapper, jas0ns, Hyperplex, c_is_for_crackberry (and many others) make them... and they are ALL FREE!!!!! Somewhere along the line, someone decided that if you charge for a theme it's called Premium.

I know there are great free themes out there, but these premium themes offer a lot more(90% of the time) so try em out.
    What do themes PAY themes offer that Free themes don't to make them Premium?... ??? ??? ????? ???????

Nothing. They are no different. When you got your Blackberry, did you make sure you paid the most for it b/c paying more makes it better? I bet not, I bet you found the best deal.

So listen to Brook, do a search for a free theme before you pay for one. More times then not you'll find a QUALITY theme for free that suits your needs. If you don't, there are also plenty of Pay themes.
    12-21-09 05:28 PM
    I think we should start an online petition to get the name changed from "premium theme to "pay" theme. I think waaaaay too many new bb people are getting the wrong impression that pay themes are somehow better in quality. Anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 05:42 PM
    I think we should start an online petition to get the name changed from "premium theme to "pay" theme. I think waaaaay too many new bb people are getting the wrong impression that pay themes are somehow better in quality. Anyone else?

Never tried the Petition, but back when they added the Rule that it has to say Free or Premium, i tried and failed to get them referred to a Pay themes.

Not to bring up old stuff... but the Free vs Premium was Crackberry's response to me pointing out the rules stated at the time that themes HAD to be free. After i pointed out that, they quickly changed the rules to say as long as it's being sold in Crackberry's app store then they are ok, then it changed to anything sold via mobihand. (nevermind crackberry's No Advertising policy, that applies to every thing else that's sold BUT Themes! ) But it didn't matter, if a pay theme was posted wrong or didn't fit in to the rules, somehow it was always "fixed" to meet the guidelines. But the situation ending up getting out of hand and very sadly for the members of Crackberry, most of of free theme makes went our own way. But it has not stopped us (most of us anyways) from still providing FREE themes. Just gotta search harder.

I just want to state for the record, there is nothing wrong with Pay themes. Just like the free themes, there are plenty of good ones and plenty of bad ones. But as with any purchase, do your research first and find the best deal. Besides a couple moments of your time, FREE themes cost nothing if you don't like it.
    12-21-09 06:09 PM
    ok - I am going to try anyway. I will post a petition thread in every theme forum and see what happens.

If you don't hear from me soon, you will know I got the "boot" from the mods
    12-21-09 06:50 PM
    If you don't hear from me soon, you will know I got the "boot" from the mods
    Yeah, its gonna happen. I see the validity in what you're saying, but mass amounts of spam is a bad way to get your point across.
    12-21-09 07:28 PM
    it is an online petition, you don't have to click onto the thread if you choose not to. I am not emailing or pm'ing each registered user on CB. Is freedom of speech not allowed on CB?
    12-21-09 07:31 PM
    No its not unfortunately

12-21-09 07:32 PM
    oh well. what can you do if you feel that a CB policy is clearly biased and prejudiced against those who give their themes away?

I am not even a themer, but it was this thread that got me thinking today that somehow it is just not fair. No mod removed this thread but yet it is clearly stating that the premium themes sold at CB are somehow superior to those given away for free....on the same site?!? I don't feel that I am asking for anything unreasonable or that I am "spamming" people as someone else in another thread stated. If you post a theme that you have for sale in all the forums in which the theme is made for, are you spamming, or are you selling? think about it.
    12-21-09 07:36 PM
    I think it's because I refuse to put a weather slot in my themes! *sigh* I guess I just don't' offer 90% of what pay themes do.

12-21-09 07:54 PM
    Get a life Brooke! This free versus pay has been gone on for some time, no need to start it back up and cause trouble! Everyone has the right to choose to pay or use a free theme without being bashed for it...

Stop spamming every thread to win brownie points with your friends!

12-21-09 07:56 PM
    well, that was quick. shut down already.

How can I be posting multiple threads if they are each for users that are in that forum?? I cannot get pearl users to respond if I cannot post it in the pearl forum. How will storm users respond if it is not in their forum??

this stinks badly.
    12-21-09 07:57 PM
    Get a life Brooke! This free versus pay has been gone on for some time, no need to start it back up and cause trouble! Everyone has the right to choose to pay or use a free theme without being bashed for it...

Stop spamming every thread to win brownie points with your friends!

not spamming each thread and I certain that I did not "bash" anyone. I am asking for a policy change, nothing more nothing less.

btw - everyone knows who you are. you might as well post from your regular CB account instead of this pseudo one.
    12-21-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD