Help please

I have a BB 8900 I tried downloading an OTA to my pc and then saving it into my media card>documents however when I go to the file from my phone it wont let me download it.

Please help. any easy way to download ota to pc then open from phone?
    10-25-09 12:59 PM
    You will not be able to do this.

The only way to achieve this is to have someone else download it OTA, then save the COD files using a program like BBSAK then email them to you for you to install using BBSAK.

You can not save the OTA on desktop and install that way.
    10-25-09 01:00 PM
    So I would have to use wifi and download it through my phone? from crackberry. no pc?
    10-25-09 01:05 PM
    If WiFi will allow you to, then yes. If not you can always contact the theme developer and see if they have the desktop install file for you.
    10-25-09 01:08 PM
    Thanks so much!!!
    10-25-09 01:10 PM
    No problem. If i had a 8900 I would do it for you, but sadly I am no help with my Tour.
    10-25-09 01:11 PM
    No problem. If i had a 8900 I would do it for you, but sadly I am no help with my Tour.
    I have tried some of the 8900 themes and some DO work on our Tours! Not all... but some!
    10-25-09 01:43 PM
    I have tried some of the 8900 themes and some DO work on our Tours! Not all... but some!
    Yeah but I dont know how that would work with extracting the CODs for the member to install...you know what I mean?
    10-25-09 01:44 PM
    This Is Possible And Very Easily done.

Look For (Google It) OTALoader And Download It To Your PC

Run it / Look For Theme You Want/Right Click OTA Link And Copy Link

Past Into OTALoader/ Press Download.

It Will Make A Folder In The OTALoader Folder With Your Theme(.cod Files And 1 .jad File)

Copy Your Downloaded Theme To Your Blackberry (Where Ever You Want)

On Phone Goto Media/Press Menu/Goto Explore/Browse To Your Folder

Look In The Folder And Look For The Smallest File (.jad)

Select It And It Will Say Download File / Select Yes And It Will Install (Download) From Where Ever You Put It(Not The Internet)

When Done Activate In The Theme Menu As Usual
    10-26-09 02:53 AM
    Blackberry OTA downloader | download free OTA themes to your desktop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 03:32 AM
    I did all of that (using the OTA downloader linked above) and when I get to the stage of downloading the .JAD file on the BB, it says Download failed..why is that?
    11-01-09 06:14 PM
    @ demonjuggler - brilliant !

thnx
    11-27-09 06:47 PM
    Blackberry OTA downloader | download free OTA themes to your desktop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank You for this link and thank you demonjuggler...
    saved me from doing a search
    11-27-09 07:27 PM
    I did all of that (using the OTA downloader linked above) and when I get to the stage of downloading the .JAD file on the BB, it says Download failed..why is that?
    Same thing happened to me. I did everything perfectly, and actually the second part I've done before so I'm familiar with that part, and then I get to the part where you click on 'download' and it comes up 'download failed, 907 invalid cod'
    I tried 3 different themes by 3 different people and the same thing happened each time....frustrating because I've spent probably 3hrs on trying
    Would love to know what I did wrong
    11-27-09 10:09 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I did everything perfectly, and actually the second part I've done before so I'm familiar with that part, and then I get to the part where you click on 'download' and it comes up 'download failed, 907 invalid cod'
    I tried 3 different themes by 3 different people and the same thing happened each time....frustrating because I've spent probably 3hrs on trying
    Would love to know what I did wrong
    Which theme did you try ?

And i Will Have a Look For You
    11-28-09 07:42 AM
    Which theme did you try ?

And i Will Have a Look For You
    Oh you are too good
    From this site I tried Reverie because I love that theme the way it shows off the wallpaper and I did PM the theme designer but he does not release the desktop install .alx zip files to anyone....soooo I tried it with the OTA apploader.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/re...-theme-322260/

From Pimpmyberry I tried BarbieW's 8900 Christmas Theme but I will not violate her wishes by posting the link here.

And the 3rd one from c_is_for_crackberry..... http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X134...me_13_icon.jad

I suppose I should try a few more but it does get frustrating when you follow all the steps...even some I'm familiar with and it fails The only thing I can think of is that maybe none of them are for 4.6 OS but Reverie said it was soooo....

Really is nice of you to help me...TIA
    Last edited by wendyb5724; 11-28-09 at 10:18 AM.
    11-28-09 10:08 AM
    This can also be done with the MDS simulator and a Device simulator for the record. Also allows you to see what the theme looks like before you load to your device.
    11-28-09 10:11 AM
    This can also be done with the MDS simulator and a Device simulator for the record. Also allows you to see what the theme looks like before you load to your device.
    TY....but I'm I don't have a clue what that is
    Is it a device or software you have to buy ?
    11-28-09 10:14 AM
    Oh you are too good
    From this site I tried Reverie because I love that theme the way it shows off the wallpaper and I did PM the theme designer but he does not release the desktop install .alx zip files to anyone....soooo I tried it with the OTA apploader.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/re...-theme-322260/

From Pimpmyberry I tried BarbieW's 8900 Christmas Theme but I will not violate her wishes by posting the link here.

And the 3rd one from c_is_for_crackberry..... http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X134...me_13_icon.jad

I suppose I should try a few more but it does get frustrating when you follow all the steps...even some I'm familiar with and it fails The only thing I can think of is that maybe none of them are for 4.6 OS but Reverie said it was soooo....

Really is nice of you to help me...TIA
    It's Not You Going Mad The OTAs Are Not Correct As When You Download Them Have A look In The Folder it Creates

There Are Only 4 Files 3 x .COD and 1 x .JAD

The COD Files are Only 1kb in size so are incorrect as they are usually around 50kb

Try Some others and have a look you will see you will get 1 x .JAD and several .COD Files about the size i stated

Hope this helps :------------ good luck
    11-28-09 11:18 AM
    It's Not You Going Mad The OTAs Are Not Correct As When You Download Them Have A look In The Folder it Creates

There Are Only 4 Files 3 x .COD and 1 x .JAD

The COD Files are Only 1kb in size so are incorrect as they are usually around 50kb

Try Some others and have a look you will see you will get 1 x .JAD and several .COD Files about the size i stated

Hope this helps :------------ good luck
    Whew !
    Thanks for all your help....I really appreciate you
    One more question....If I email the link for the OTA I want to myself....and turn on wifi...would I then be able to click on the OTA thats in my email...and it would go right onto my BB into themes ??? (never had wifi till this 8900)
    Last edited by wendyb5724; 11-28-09 at 11:34 AM.
    11-28-09 11:27 AM
    Yes

Thats Another Option, However if you uninstall you will have to look for it again and redownload it if you want it back on the phone

if you use the ota downloader you can keep the files on the memory card and install or uninstall whenever you want
    11-28-09 11:41 AM
    I did this screenr originally for a homework class for a course I'm doing, it was supposed to be just for fun, then I found your question... have a look, it might be what youre looking for?

Screenr - @DinaDolan: How to find and send yourself a brand new Blackberry Theme!

Help please

I have a BB 8900 I tried downloading an OTA to my pc and then saving it into my media card>documents however when I go to the file from my phone it wont let me download it.

Please help. any easy way to download ota to pc then open from phone?
    11-28-09 11:47 AM
    Yes

Thats Another Option, However if you uninstall you will have to look for it again and redownload it if you want it back on the phone

if you use the ota downloader you can keep the files on the memory card and install or uninstall whenever you want
    YAY ! I did it using Wifi and got the theme I wanted

Seriously thanks for all your help

And great video Deebers....thx for that
    11-28-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD