06-13-10 10:55 PM
69 123
tools
    This is my first theme made for the Curve 8900 (firmware 5.0.0.411)

MacCloud is based on a Zen style theme with

** hidden today with 6 items
    ** weatherslot
    ** black wallpapers
    ** subtle selecting of icons
    ** shortcut for quicklaunch (spacebar)
    ** shortcut for SMS/MMS ($)

UPDATE 28 feb 2010

** Now 5 themes (version 1.01)!

ALL with all options
    NT no transitions
    No_today without today on main screen
    Transparent same as ALL with transparent menus
    SF same as ALL with smaller font for menus and listed items (matching 'BBAlpha sans' font no 6 on Curve 8900)

Pictures

OTA

MacCloud_ALL

MacCloud_NT

MacCloud_No_today

MacCloud_transparent

MacCloud_SF

Or visite BBThemes.nl

Enjoy!
    Last edited by maccloud; 06-16-10 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Added new edition with small font in list & menus
    02-20-10 05:26 PM
    Cool. I love the themes with backgrounds other than white. A break from the norm.
    02-20-10 06:14 PM
    Cool any chance of a permanent today w/transitions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 09:22 AM
    Awesome theme... love the transitions. Can you upload that brushed metal background used on the app screen please? I would like to use that as the default home screen background. Thanks!
    02-22-10 12:42 PM
    hott theme thanx!!!
    02-22-10 03:23 PM
    thank u a lot maccloud this theme is great
    i just upgraded my os to 5.0 nd installed ur theme is just great
    Thank You
    02-22-10 03:51 PM
    Loving it mane ! Only request i have , that's if your taking them lol is to have slightly transparent menus . That would be pimpish ! Thanks for a making a fresh theme for free !
    02-22-10 07:44 PM
    theme run smooth as precision zen?
    02-22-10 08:28 PM
    Awesome theme! This thing runs faster and smoother than the stock Zen theme on my phone! Well done!

Only thing I've found is that the menu text size doesn't correlate with the "Screen/Keyboard" options text size like in other themes. I like my text small, and with 5.0 the larger text makes most of the drop down response boxes in the menus mostly ellipsis (...) instead of full or partial words. Not a big deal, especially since everything else is basically perfect!
    02-24-10 08:39 AM
    Beautiful! Thanks to you for your hard work.

02-24-10 10:27 AM
    I believe this is what was used n the application screen.
    02-24-10 10:00 PM
    Awesome theme... love the transitions. Can you upload that brushed metal background used on the app screen please? I would like to use that as the default home screen background. Thanks!
    Just uploaded the wallpaper Dark-brushed i found in the Crackberry forum in the tread "Wallpapers"
    02-25-10 05:34 AM
    Awesome theme! This thing runs faster and smoother than the stock Zen theme on my phone! Well done!

Only thing I've found is that the menu text size doesn't correlate with the "Screen/Keyboard" options text size like in other themes. I like my text small, and with 5.0 the larger text makes most of the drop down response boxes in the menus mostly ellipsis (...) instead of full or partial words. Not a big deal, especially since everything else is basically perfect!
    I will make the font smaller for the menus, i wanted it myself too. Later today i will upload the new version after i have tested the adjustment. I will post another reply when its done. Thanks for your reply, it helps me to make it a perfect theme!
    Last edited by maccloud; 02-27-10 at 01:14 AM.
    02-25-10 05:40 AM
    Nice any chance of a non today blank verison?
    02-25-10 10:46 AM
    Is the text for the weather slot "always on" or only when highlighted?

02-25-10 12:28 PM
    Only when highlighted for me using BerryWeather.
    02-25-10 12:31 PM
    Only when highlighted for me using BerryWeather.
    Ahh, ok. Thx. To me, having a weather slot that doesn't have "always on" text is kind of pointless, but each to his own.

02-25-10 12:33 PM
    Is the text for the weather slot "always on" or only when highlighted?

The app name will go away after a few seconds, but the icon stays visible. I use BerryWeather and it can display text on the icon (text allways shown with the icon itself)
    02-25-10 01:32 PM
    Updated the original theme with smaller fonts and added 2 editions. For OTA see first post. Only ALL and NT will be updated in future.

Thanks for your comments on my theme

Roberto
    02-25-10 05:03 PM
    Just uploaded the wallpaper Dark-brushed i found in the Crackberry forum in the tread "Wallpapers"
    Thank you!
    02-25-10 05:20 PM
    All the menu text looks like its the same size as before
    02-25-10 05:21 PM
    All the menu text looks like its the same size as before
    The menus now have a font thats 4 pts smaller. In Screen/keyboard on my device i have selected BBAlpha sans with point 8 font. I think that this setting doesn't matter, because the font is set within the custom theme. Have you restarted your phone after the update? And check if the theme actually is updated to 1.01 (options/apps).
    Last edited by maccloud; 02-26-10 at 04:03 AM.
    02-26-10 02:41 AM
    The menus now have a font thats 4 pts smaller. In Screen/keyboard on my device i have selected BBAlpha sans with point 8 font. I think that this setting doesn't matter, because the font is set within the custom theme. Have you restarted your phone after the update? And check if the theme actually is updated to 1.01 (options/apps).
    Hmmmm, I think we're talking about two different things. You're talking about the menu as in, you hit the BB button and options come up on the bottom left, right? When I said menus I kind of misspoke, I meant the text in the "Options" list or the initial SMS list. You probably dont notice if you have your font set to 8 since that looks like the size everything in the "options" menu and SMS list are. In other themes, those always change with whatever I set my text size to.

For example, I have BBAlpha sans with point 6 font selected. If I click on SMS and bring up the initial page with the overview of diferent threads and receipents, the font is big (8 or so) but when I select a thread, the font is small (6) like I had set in "Screen/Keyboard". Set yours to 6 and go to your "options" and SMS screens, then try it in another theme and see!

Also, I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining or anything because I'm not! I'm still gonna use this theme regardless, fixing the font size thing would just make it perfect
    Last edited by Aaron K.; 02-26-10 at 10:27 AM.
    02-26-10 10:25 AM
    Hmmmm, I think we're talking about two different things. You're talking about the menu as in, you hit the BB button and options come up on the bottom left, right? When I said menus I kind of misspoke, I meant the text in the "Options" list or the initial SMS list. You probably dont notice if you have your font set to 8 since that looks like the size everything in the "options" menu and SMS list are. In other themes, those always change with whatever I set my text size to.

For example, I have BBAlpha sans with point 6 font selected. If I click on SMS and bring up the initial page with the overview of diferent threads and receipents, the font is big (8 or so) but when I select a thread, the font is small (6) like I had set in "Screen/Keyboard". Set yours to 6 and go to your "options" and SMS screens, then try it in another theme and see!

Also, I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining or anything because I'm not! I'm still gonna use this theme regardless, fixing the font size thing would just make it perfect
    Ok, now its clear to me. Maybe this weekend (or early next week) i can make the theme match your settings with the smaller font. It will be a custom made theme for you. Problem with this is that de font size in the Curve itself (6 or 8) is different in the theme builder (around 22 or 24)
    02-26-10 03:52 PM
    Ok, now its clear to me. Maybe this weekend (or early next week) i can make the theme match your settings with the smaller font. It will be a custom made theme for you. Problem with this is that de font size in the Curve itself (6 or 8) is different in the theme builder (around 22 or 24)
    Now thats service! I'm wondering though if there is an option in theme builder that would allow those font sizes to change with the "Screen/keyboard" setting since thats how other themes seem to work?
    02-26-10 04:10 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD