Due to requests, I have exported an 8900 version of this theme, originally created for the 9630. It is untested (I haven't been able to take the time to grab the 8900 device simulator yet, nor do I have a Curve), so I do hope it works well.

I originally created this theme for myself. I had downloaded, purchased and used many themes and while I enjoyed almost every one I tried, there wasn't one that had every feature I wanted. Personally, I was looking for something that suited my desire for optimum information display with little to no "bells and whistles" in terms of animation and such. I have always been a fan of small fonts which allow for as much info as possible to be displayed on the Today screen. I am aware that my preference for this will alienate many of you who need/prefer large fonts. I'm sorry for that, but again this theme was made for my own personal use. I was pleased enough with the results that I wanted to share it so maybe others with similar wants will benefit from it.

I'm not saying I won't further develop the theme, but I doubt that I will be able to take many requests for personalization.

Here are some screenshots and some features:

The two shots below show the Focus Tab that was added in version 1.2, thanks to help from jayjay7411.

Features:

- No animations, therefore no lag whatsoever.
    - Maximum Today screen output - 10 items per screen.
    - 3 small left-side icons for Today use; dock icons will display Today but only the small icons allow for Today area scrolling.
    - 10 fully customizable Home Screen icons
    - User-controlled Message List and Menu fonts (honors setting in Screen/Keyboard).
    - Designed for optimal use of space.
    - File size under 300kb.

OTA: http://www.hyperplexia.net/x/H/Relea...ereon_8900.jad (untested)

I hope those of you who find utility in this theme enjoy it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hyperplex; 09-12-09 at 05:18 PM.
    09-12-09 05:08 PM
    looks sweet cant wait to try it out thanks!!
    09-12-09 05:13 PM
    wow i really really like the look of this. i am downloading right now on my 8900. ill let you know how it goes!!
    cant wait!!!
    09-12-09 05:14 PM
    just downloaded it..AMAZING!!!

the ota link works.
    a couple things that may be helpful...i dont know if this was intentional or not...when you go from the home screen to the screen with all the icons visible (hit bb button from home screen) at the top right, the wifi symbol overlaps the network signal.

some of us like to see the network we are connected to. is it possible to put this either on the home screen or the screen with all the icons?

one glitch i found was that when you delete something or change an entry in the calendar, it does not update the today screen.

other than that...i REALLY love this theme!!!
    AMAZING work!!!
    09-12-09 05:27 PM
    Absolutely, I'll fix that now. The Tour doesn't have WiFi, so when I originally made this theme, I basically disregarded where the WiFi symbol was.

Check the same OTA link in the original post. It should be updated now.
    09-12-09 05:33 PM
    perfect!!

one last suggestion...if you can make visible and put the wifi network connection where i indicated in the screen, this theme would be complete.

also, dont know if this is a glitch or not...when you lock the device, the weather icon in the weather slot disappears.

once again, thanks for all your hard work. i have been looking for a theme like this for a looooooooong time!!
    09-12-09 05:51 PM
    I'll see what I can do. It won't be until tomorrow, though. I'll do my best to fit in the space I have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 05:57 PM
    thank you so much for your hard work!

it would also be helpful if we could scroll to those left side mini icons from the larger icons in the bottom dock
    Last edited by RGunturi; 09-12-09 at 07:58 PM.
    09-12-09 05:58 PM
    Thanks!
    Can you build double dock version? Much Appreciated..
    09-12-09 09:41 PM
    Also, the 'today' screen does not work on the 8900 like indicated. If you need a tester, shoot me a PM.
    09-12-09 10:38 PM
    I have updated the 8900 version to include the Carrier info on the Homescreen and made a small adjustment to the Message Indicator area in the application banner area. The same OTA link from the OP accesses the new version.
    The space indicated in the screenshot is actually reserved for other icons that are not necessarily often present on the screen, so there isn't really room for it on the app screen. I did, however, have plenty of room to add the banner to the Homescreen. If that isn't what you were looking for, the only other option I have is to rebuild the theme under an 8900 preset, rather than just exporting it for the device.

The "glitch" with the Today screen not updating, at least on my Tour, is not so much a glitch but a delay in how the OS reads the calendar database. Give it enough time and the Today screen will refresh and show new/edited appointments.

Please realize that I made this theme for personal use on my Tour and have no plans for further versions for any other devices. In regards to a double dock, that will take away the screen space I have reserved for the expanded Today screen. I'm sorry to disappoint anyone, but I have no plans for advanced customization.

As for bugs in the Today screen, what is it doing improperly? Given that it works properly on the 9630's OS, the only thing I can think of to "fix" it is to rebuild the theme in Plazmic under the preset of an 8900 theme as I mentioned above. Remember, all I did was export the theme for the 8900 as a request, I didn't rebuild it.

I don't mean to come across as a pain, but I'm not a theme developer, just a user who taught himself a bit of the CDK and wanted to share.
    Last edited by Hyperplex; 09-12-09 at 11:12 PM.
    09-12-09 11:01 PM
    adding it to the home screen is perfect.
    thanks a lot hyperplex!
    09-12-09 11:45 PM
    The "glitch" with the Today screen not updating, at least on my Tour, is not so much a glitch but a delay in how the OS reads the calendar database. Give it enough time and the Today screen will refresh and show new/edited appointments.

As for bugs in the Today screen, what is it doing improperly? Given that it works properly on the 9630's OS, the only thing I can think of to "fix" it is to rebuild the theme in Plazmic under the preset of an 8900 theme as I mentioned above. Remember, all I did was export the theme for the 8900 as a request, I didn't rebuild it.

I don't mean to come across as a pain, but I'm not a theme developer, just a user who taught himself a bit of the CDK and wanted to share.
    No need to explain yourself. Totally appreciate that you imported this over to the 8900 & offered it for free!! This is a great theme - very clean.

The Today screen works fine on my BB...no issues. As stated, there is a slight lag w/updated info showing up but that has nothing to do w/the theme. I also have no problems scrolling over my calendar entries when the icon is placed on the side dock.

Thanks for sharing !!
    09-13-09 12:09 AM
    I love that it's free, and I love that it's been shared. Only offered to help out if you wanted me to. If you're willing to give out the .thm file I can do a few modifications to it, and probably fix the today lag

If not, that's fine. Very very clean theme. Thank you for sharing.
    09-13-09 02:58 AM
    Thanks guys. Glad you all like it.

09-13-09 07:24 AM
    looks good.. downloading now.. thx
    09-13-09 09:27 AM
    Looks great and absolutely good work. Keep the themes coming.
    09-13-09 10:58 AM
    That is a sweet looking theme, thanks for sharing.
    Downloading now!
    09-13-09 11:14 AM
    The response to this theme, on both devices, has been overwhelming. I'm blown away by it. Thanks everyone!
    09-13-09 04:29 PM
    Awesome job on the theme. Thanks for porting it over
    09-13-09 06:02 PM
    Just downloaded the theme and really like it. The font size on the Today view is pretty tiny.

09-13-09 08:37 PM
    Thanks for the hard work. Great theme!

09-14-09 01:58 AM
    This theme is great... I like the 3 small icons on the right side. Haven't seen that before.

2 things: 1) I know you mentioned it, but is there any way to get a version with only 8 entries in the today screen (hence, a larger font?) 2) the weather slot, because it is round, doesn't really work with BerryWeather. The icon for that puts the Temp along the outside, and it is really hard to see with that circle there.

I love this theme though. I just downloaded the stuff to try and make one of my own for the same reason -- to be perfect for me. I haven't figured it all out yet.

Great work.
    09-14-09 10:30 AM
    I'm not really intending on customizing this theme, sorry. The whole point for making it was to have it display the maximum amount of information possible. I don't intend to make multiple versions.

BerryWeather is fluky in that its icon is placed in the space slightly lower than other applications. I had to decide whether I was going to export the theme for BerryWeather or for any application use. Right now, the app icon is centered in the weather slot, and as such BeryWeather may appear a little low. It was a chosen sacrifice in order to make the theme usable for everyone. You can try changing the background color of the temperature badge to the transparent black or grey to see if it will make it more legible. Sorry about that.
    09-14-09 10:34 AM
    I've recently tried a handful of themes, and I keep deleting them quickly for different reasons. I just tried this one, and off first glance, this one might be worth keeping.. looks like it does the job, and does it well.

I've never had/used a weather app, but I like the look of the sample pic.. which weather app are you using?

Thanks for the free theme and hard work.
    09-14-09 03:50 PM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD