***Updated 3/13/2010***
    • Added a Weather Slot Version

This has been originally posted for the 9630. I'm thinking this may work for the 8900 as well?
    I wanted to create a low profile theme for maximum wallpaper view, which utilizes quicklaunch as well. The four squares are meant to have, what I consider, the main apps - messages, sms/mms, bbm and calendar. All hidden today (I've also included a non-today version after user requests). Quicklaunch hotkey is the spacebar.

I have not included a wallpaper, except for the gray one shown in the screenshot. Most of the dialog boxes and buttons have been skinned as well.

Of course, you can put any icon you choose into those slots (slots are 0-3, from left to right). This theme was designed to shrink the original sized icons (80x80) down to 25x25.

For the orange icons, the normal image is the orange square and the focus image is a orange square with a faded white box around it. Not all icons have been changed to an orange square as you can see in the screenshots below. I chose the orange squares for most of the main applications.

Many other customizations included in the theme, check it out and provide feedback if you wish.

Non-Today Version

4.7 OTA Download Link

5.0 OTA Download Link

Weather Slot Version (upper left corner under date)

Last edited by kagee; 03-13-10 at 01:51 PM.
    01-14-10 07:10 AM
    Great theme.. I like it! Thanks for making it free too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 09:59 AM
    Great theme.. I like it! Thanks for making it free too

Sweet wallpaper, glad you like it! Looks awesome.
    01-14-10 10:30 AM
    glad u like it wit my wall..thx again

Sweet wallpaper, glad you like it! Looks awesome.
    01-14-10 08:53 PM
    Nice theme! Very clean looking and functional... Thanks for sharing.
    I use QL so I really appreciate having the spacebar launch. I see flybabyroxy has her weather app showing on the home screen... where should I put my weather icon to have it show?
    Thanks again!

01-14-10 10:21 PM
    very nice and clean theme, chapeau!
    01-15-10 12:10 AM
    Nice theme! Very clean looking and functional... Thanks for sharing.
    I use QL so I really appreciate having the spacebar launch. I see flybabyroxy has her weather app showing on the home screen... where should I put my weather icon to have it show?
    Thanks again!

I believe that is an indicator for the weather app she uses. There is no weather slot in the theme. I don't use any weather apps and wanted this theme to be rather minimalist, functional and maximize space for wp.
    Last edited by kagee; 01-15-10 at 07:08 AM.
    01-15-10 07:05 AM
    I love this theme! Is there a OS 4.6 version? I am unable to get the OS 4.7 OTA to work for me
    01-16-10 02:29 PM
    I love this theme! Is there a OS 4.6 version? I am unable to get the OS 4.7 OTA to work for me
    4.7 is as low as I go. Upgrade your OS already!
    01-18-10 08:18 AM
    Awesome theme. Thanks for sharing. I have feedback for you. When using QuickLaunch to access the media folder, it only brings you to the app home screen. Not sure how you would go about fixing that.
    01-18-10 06:03 PM
    nice themes... two thumbs up
    01-19-10 05:34 AM
    Awesome theme. Thanks for sharing. I have feedback for you. When using QuickLaunch to access the media folder, it only brings you to the app home screen. Not sure how you would go about fixing that.
    What OS are you running? When I try to add media-related items, I don't have the option to add the media folder. So I'm guessing that you may be running OS4.7 or earlier?
    01-19-10 10:42 AM
    nice themes... two thumbs up
    Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.
    01-19-10 10:43 AM
    im lovin this theme
    01-19-10 02:59 PM
    im lovin this theme
    Thanks dood, glad you like it.
    01-19-10 03:43 PM
    What OS are you running? When I try to add media-related items, I don't have the option to add the media folder. So I'm guessing that you may be running OS4.7 or earlier?
    I'm on 5.0.0.411. Latest official release.
    01-20-10 11:25 AM
    Thank you, very nice. I love the clean look to it!
    03-03-10 07:29 PM
    Thank you, very nice. I love the clean look to it!
    Cool, glad you like it! Thanks!

03-03-10 08:18 PM
    Liking the theme, but do you think it is possible to add a weather slot somewhere on the homescreen? That would be perfection! TIA!
    03-08-10 01:48 PM
    Liking the theme, but do you think it is possible to add a weather slot somewhere on the homescreen? That would be perfection! TIA!
    Yeah I suppose I could do that. . Do you have a preference as to the position of where the weather slot should be? I don't use any weather apps, so let me know where you want it and I'll put it there.

03-08-10 05:31 PM
    I don't use any weather apps, so let me know where you want it and I'll put it there.
    This may seem like a stupid question, but if you don't use weather apps, what utility are you using to get the temperature in the notification area? I have seen this numerous times and I know its possible with BeWeather Pro, but is there a free method?

Oh, and as far as weather slots go, most people seem to choose corners so the wallpaper can still shine through. I hope that (admittedly generic bit of info) helps!

03-08-10 10:32 PM
    Yeah I suppose I could do that. . Do you have a preference as to the position of where the weather slot should be? I don't use any weather apps, so let me know where you want it and I'll put it there.

I think the top left corner would be good, since the top right corner has the icons, it might look a bit too crowded. You could always play around with it though and see which one you think looks best! Thanks for the customization, looking forward to re-downloading once you've updated!
    03-09-10 01:41 AM
    This may seem like a stupid question, but if you don't use weather apps, what utility are you using to get the temperature in the notification area? I have seen this numerous times and I know its possible with BeWeather Pro, but is there a free method?

Oh, and as far as weather slots go, most people seem to choose corners so the wallpaper can still shine through. I hope that (admittedly generic bit of info) helps!

Hey sj,

I believe the temp in the notification area is simply a notification from the app. I'm not certain of this, but that would be my guess since it shows up in the notification area that I defined for the theme.
    03-09-10 07:24 AM
    I think the top left corner would be good, since the top right corner has the icons, it might look a bit too crowded. You could always play around with it though and see which one you think looks best! Thanks for the customization, looking forward to re-downloading once you've updated!
    Top left corner it is. I'll play around with it tonite and see what I can do. I think I may have to move the today area down a bit, but that's not that big of a deal.

I'll update the ota's when the work is done.
    03-09-10 07:27 AM
    Top left corner it is. I'll play around with it tonite and see what I can do. I think I may have to move the today area down a bit, but that's not that big of a deal.

I'll update the ota's when the work is done.
    Can't wait to see how it comes out! Thanks
    03-11-10 01:40 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD