Hi all,

Just released this theme less than a week ago and had it updated with the latest release of the theme studio. Composer isn't working properly so I can't change the home screen as planned.

Anyway, it is good enough for me should have another update when the composer problems get fixed and I will want to update the home screen "dials" to Music, Video, File, Ring Tone.

This should be fun to use. Hope you like it.

pure.volume

- Small file size
    - Speedy, sleek and wallpaper friendly
    - Hidden Today
    - 8 non-user customizable icons on home screen (horizontal scroll)
    - Left equalizer (combined message main box), right equalizer (calendar)
    - Yellow outer bar (batter), Green inner bar (Signal)
    - Hit spacebar on homescreen for ShortcutMe or Quicklaunch (might not work at all if you have both apps active)

Updated 13 Nov 09 - Built with the new Studio

In addition to the above mentioned features, devices with the new OS.5 will see:

- Screen Transitions; likely workable only with OS 5
    - Fixed the dialog buttons problems previously
    - Additional skinning of icons which features on OS 5, i.e pictures, videos etc with some except which I didn't change the icons.
    - User customizable font size

pure.volume now supports the new Blackberry 9700

OTA links (download directly from your Blackberry browser)

For Blackberry 8900 without OS 5: pure.volume for 8900 OTA

For Blackberry 8900 with OS 5: pure.volume for 8900 (OS 5) OTA

REMINDER!

Please note not repost OTA links elsewhere without permission. Direct Links to my website is recommended instead. Thank you.

Theme notes:
    1) Themes for 9000, 9700 & 9630 are tested on simulators only
    2) Quick launch application not tested. (I don't have it) Let me know if it don't work
    3) Kindly do a battery pull after installation of the theme and ensure that you do not have any unread messages before you do that.

If you use the theme, please leave a comment or feedback.

Let me know if there are any problems.
    Last edited by jas0ns; 11-12-09 at 11:25 AM.
    11-12-09 10:46 AM
    Using Tmobile 4.6.1.231 and doens't show up on my theme list at all, even though it says successfully loaded...I see it in my application list.
    11-12-09 11:04 AM
    sorry, let me check .. might not work for the lower os.
    Last edited by jas0ns; 11-12-09 at 11:12 AM.
    11-12-09 11:09 AM
    Sorry Japanangel, you can download the one for the lower OS and let me know if it is ok
    11-12-09 11:26 AM
    Thanks! Actually this theme prompted me to take the plunge and install os 5.0 cuz I wanted to see the screen transitions. This is the first purelab theme I've downloaded and I'm beyond impressed!! Downloading 5.0 was well worth it to see this theme in full action! Love the volumes as "icons" and love the semi clear menus! This is every DJ's dream!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 04:06 PM
    As the maker of several "unique" and unorthodox themes myself, I find it refreshing to see that someone else is thinking outside of the box. Overall, a very cool concept. Some would complain about the lack of "user defined icons" on the homescreen but with the inclusion of ShortcutMe/QuickLaunch support, I think everyone should be happy. Besides that, I think that you included the most commonly used icons in the fixed set. One thing that I'm curious about though-Why not just change the bitmap of the calendar and messages(the equalizer) in composer so that the icons show up as an envelope and calendar on the app screen. Other than that, I don't see much else to criticize. This theme is certainly wallpaper friendly and will have your stock theme friends jealous. Extra points for creativity here-Kudos!

BTW-I think this is the first mini-review that I've ever took the time to write-lol
    11-12-09 05:43 PM
    this theme is nice! I'm a big fan of your work jas0ns, as mentioned by kscrum you're one few theme makers to come out with something fresh AND functional. Keep up the good work.

11-13-09 12:14 AM
    After fooling around with this theme for a bit, still gotta say it's very pretty. as far as functionality though, I don't think you should change the dials..I like having profile button (since there's no icon and apparently shortcut for profile doesn't work for me in new os), music and video camera is perfect. One thing I wish you can add is the indicator to know I'm either connected to "EDGE" or not. Adding carrier is no biggie although that would be nice too. EDGE seems to be important though...

11-13-09 04:48 AM
    Sorry all for the late reply, had been very busy at work.

@japanangel, OS 5 is neat :P sorry have to "forced" you into it though.. as for the edge thingy, I am not running on edge hence I do not know if it shows...l it should be below the alarm to check which signal you are latched on.

@kscrum, thanks for the review It is very nice of you to do your first mini-review. As for the equalizer thingy, I had several reasons to do it that way, originally wanted to have all icons using the equalizer and text below theme to have a grand scale equalizer in the app screen as well as making the two "equalizer" on home screen user customizable but went against it in the last moment. Hence that two stays and I had already built the dials and all on composer. But I have no excuse, generally it voiced down to laziness to change it. Will likely update it in the future.

@ephesios: Thanks for your compliments very uplifting.

Thanks all for the comments.
    Last edited by jas0ns; 11-25-09 at 10:54 AM.
    11-13-09 09:48 PM
    Ahh!! I thought the "EDGE" on the bottom was static, and just a button for manage connections. Wow this is awesome.

11-13-09 10:09 PM
    glad it is working to your liking, i got worried when you told me it is not there.
    11-14-09 09:56 AM
    Love it, I wish I could think up themes like this. I may try a free copycat (not identical) if you don't mind. Either way, I'm rocking the theme myself :P

11-14-09 05:09 PM
    You're pushing me into updating to a 5.x OS, you know that don't you? It'll be Jason's fault if my freakin 8900 goes bonkers just so I can play his new theme. What version is the most stable btw?
    11-14-09 07:39 PM
    I say 5.0 is worth it for the theme and threaded sms, along with other cool features. Facebook, myspace, ubertwitter all work. Stuff is a little buggy (nothing that can't be tolerated though) but I think it's worth it..I'm on T-Mobile using 5.0.0.314.

I like how this theme has a dedicated music button. In 5.0, media has its own folder now so quicklaunch doesn't launch media if you know what I mean...also because of threaded sms/mms it doesn't appear in a hidden today. Overall more customization with 5.0, and *drum roll* you can even assign specific tones for sms for different contacts. I remember that was something people have been looking for for awhile.

Last edited by japanangel; 11-14-09 at 08:25 PM.
    11-14-09 08:20 PM
    Hey man badass theme, I just got my phone like 3 days ago and I immediately started looking for things to do with it. This was one of the very first themes I found and I really like the look. Is there any way to change the items that you launch from the home screen?
    11-14-09 08:26 PM
    @ Aflansburg, I don't mind and if it is not identical, I won't call it a copycat. Designs provoke thoughts produce designs .. if you know what i mean

@ thebignewt, ermmm .. I am on the latest leak and it works great for me.. can't say the same for all.. and like japanangel mentioned, it is worth the while.. some neat features on the new OS. Just don't blame us if you nuke your phone :P

@ japanangel, actually i wanted so much to have a dedicated movies button too.. but na.. the composer refuse to work for me, so I didn't switch out the video camera.

@ DJMobull, Glad you like it.. it is a DJ inspired theme. Sorry though, the icons on the homescreen is not user customizable. You can use shortcuts to reach most of your common tasks or get a launcher app like shortcutme.
    11-15-09 09:03 AM
    is there a zip version to this is so email me puredreamz @ hotmail . com. (without the spaces)
    11-15-09 07:15 PM
    sweet.
    do you have like a list of the shortcuts or anything?
    I was never really a blackberry person, I kinda just got this phone because my old one broke and this one was given to me. So I'm still trying to figure it all out, hah.
    Thanks for the help.
    11-15-09 09:33 PM
    Hi DjMobull,

You can always find help on the crackberry 101 lectures. Here is the link to the whole page BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

Look under lecture 23 for the shortcut guide.

Hope this is helpful for you

@ puredreamz, I have email you the zip to you. There are two versions, one is for the OS 5 and another for the lower OS, download as per your needs. Please don't report the zip elsewhere... thanks
    11-17-09 10:52 AM
    this theme is pure smex, thanks a lot!!
    11-17-09 12:01 PM
    you are welcome Onyx Lion
    11-22-09 12:35 AM
    Great work Jason. Very unique theme u have here. I luv all ur themes

11-22-09 12:28 PM
    Thanks flybabyroxy

You must be the ultimate theme addict there is.. :P
    11-23-09 09:32 AM
    Sorry purezdreams.. totally missed you.. can you pm me or post here which device you are using and which OS. I will zip it to u ..

My bad.
    11-25-09 10:56 AM
    can you post the link for .COD file?
    i love this theme, but i disabled the internet on my bberry!
    12-01-09 07:35 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD