Hi friends,

If you missed this earlier, I am sorry.

The latest version of pure.iron (code named .Fe2) was released on 16 Sept.

If you have been following purelab.'s themes, you should have this version through my website.

So here you go, introducing pure.iron.

All icons, overlays, screens, banners and panels are built almost from scratch.

There are two versions, one the really absolute version with no icon slots on the home screen and second the (.Fe2) with a hidden dock.

pure.iron comes in a big file but runs absolutely fine & speedy without a batt pull for me. But just to be sure, please do a batt pull after installation.

And as always, a note to inform you that I do not have other than my blackberry 8900, so themes for other devices are only tested on the simulator which we know cannot be trusted completely. Let me know if there are any problems.

pure.iron (code name .Fe)

- NO app slots on Main Screen

- This is a theme with small fonts

- A iron and steel look

- Detailed and Stylish

(Images differs slightly from the official release; the above are screen shots of pure.iron on 8900)

OTA Link (Download directly from your BB browser)

pure.iron for 8900 OTA

Please note not repost OTA links elsewhere without permission. Direct Links to this page or my website is recommended instead. Thank you.

pure.iron with hidden dock (.Fe 2)

- One customizable slot on the left with the banners

- hidden dock with 6 fixed icons (5 for the BOLD)

- With hidden today for first slot or fixed messages and calendar icon

- Scroll down at homescreen to activate hidden dock

OTA Link (Download directly from your BB browser)

pure.iron with hidden dock for 8900 OTA

Comments, feedbacks welcome.

*purelab.'s identity is undeniable and definite and it is only distributed by jas0ns on Crackberry and many other forums. purelab. represents a perspective and a personal style. It is a brand. It is a statement. It is an attitude. And importantly, purelab. is original. Any copying is a flattery, but remember that flattery brings you no where.... Go figure.

Hope you like it.
    09-18-09 12:29 PM
    I've already been rockin this - fantastic as usual jasOn!! And we all know who purelab really is; there's no mistaking your style, it rocks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 01:03 PM
    Thanks Joanne. I know you will.

Did I mention to you? pure.BASIC will be coming in pink next week!
    09-18-09 01:47 PM
    Great job Jason, thanks!
    09-18-09 01:54 PM
    I tried this one the other day. I'll tell you one thing about purelab's themes: they are very stylish and look consistent throughout the screens. From the first one that had no icons rather letter names for the apps to this one with its metal look, icons that look screwed on, to the clock and time, it's very unique. Frankly I think it's better than most premium themes. It's not for everyone. I can't easily differentiate the icons here myself, it's my eyes I'm sure, but the themes have a lot of work put into them and we are lucky to get them free. Thanks Jason.
    09-18-09 03:34 PM
    Beautiful theme. Thanks so much, and thanks for your time and effort into a FREE theme.
    09-18-09 06:01 PM
    I am not new to bb but I am fairly new to themes. This one is very polished. I will anxiously await the basic in pink, as its my favorite color for my 8900

09-18-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks Joanne. I know you will.

Did I mention to you? pure.BASIC will be coming in pink next week!
    YAY! I can't wait!! Thanks again - free themes rock!

09-18-09 08:21 PM
    @ helmdawg, thebignewt, abedour

You are welcome and thanks for the comments

@ brook196 & Joanne yay.. I finished with BASIC.black so pink should be on the way. I like pink too
    09-19-09 05:58 PM
    awesome job making those icons from scratch! i wouldn't even know where/how to start making my own icons. do you have any icon making advice for beginners?
    09-20-09 10:09 AM
    awesome job making those icons from scratch! i wouldn't even know where/how to start making my own icons. do you have any icon making advice for beginners?
    Thanks, I am a amateur as well but I do have some experience on photoshop which helped a bit. Too bad my photoshop experience is from working on publications and quick correction on designers submitted work.

There are photoshop tutorials online for your reference if you want to learn how to make some effects, icons, banners and such. Google will be your best friend and patience is a virtue.

Every time, I had an idea, I google it, trail and error, copy and mimic, render, trial and error some more... lol.. that's why I usually take some days to churn out a theme.

Now I wished I paid more attention to my designers at work when they were explaining stuff to me...

Sorry, I may not be the right person to really give good advice but those were the process I went through each time I do a theme.
    Last edited by jas0ns; 09-21-09 at 07:15 AM.
    09-20-09 11:17 AM
    Pretty dang niice. Thanks!

09-20-09 11:28 AM
    @ helmdawg, thebignewt, abedour

You are welcome and thanks for the comments

@ brook196 & Joanne yay.. I finished with BASIC.black so pink should be on the way. I like pink too
    The pink will be a welcome addition. I LOVE pink, but most of the good pink themes have "kiddy" looking icons. I am anxiously awaiting a pink theme that doesn't look like its for a 12 year old

09-20-09 10:44 PM
    Strange how your "made from scratch" icons have been on my PC's hard drive for about 6 months. Only thing I can figure is that you must have made them a long time ago and posted them on the net(under a different name) and I downloaded them then. Otherwise you are just making BS claims about your work. And to all you d-bags that are about to start talking smack-it's one thing when you don't credit the original creators of stuff but to claim it as your own is totally wack.
    Hi kscrum,

Thanks for your feedback,

I quote: "All icons, overlays, screens, banners and panels are built almost from scratch."

I take pride in my work and in other creators work as well, therefore I credit original creators on my website from my very first theme, including wallpaper, icon set used, help received, tutorial given etc. And usually if source is definite, I will email them for their permission to release even if they mentioned in their release note that it is free for any use.

I believed that there wasn't anywhere you can find quite a consolidated list of credits from theme developers like mine, which I update every time I released a theme. I was even advised by some theme developers that I need not and shouldn't credit everyone; for reasons to be kept between me and them, regardless, I went ahead.

As for the icons in questions, it was built upon from chrfb's ecqlipse icon set. The banners, overlay,iron underlay, rendering and embossment were work of my own. For this case, there wasn't a definite contact point for chrfb which I traced it to deviantart.

I for one had lots of icons, wallpaper and artwork downloaded from the net and kept for years before I start building themes. I did not systematically catalog them, and I took substantial time to trace down where I downloaded them from just to credit them.

If in any part I had mislead you to believe that I built the whole thing, my apologies and if you have any further grievances, feel free to let me know.

Now over to you for your hasty generalization and name-calling.

Jason
    Last edited by jas0ns; 09-21-09 at 07:13 AM.
    09-21-09 05:53 AM
    The pink will be a welcome addition. I LOVE pink, but most of the good pink themes have "kiddy" looking icons. I am anxiously awaiting a pink theme that doesn't look like its for a 12 year old

Hi brook196,

I am trying my best not to make it a 12 year old theme :P and it will be in a few days and definitely in time for breast cancer awareness month.
    09-21-09 05:56 AM
    I will patiently wait. All your themes are absolutely perfect and definitely worth waiting for.

09-21-09 07:22 AM
    Nice theme.
    09-22-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD