Ok, I got me and the wife 8900s a week or so ago and I have been reading ALOT on this site. Gotten themes, apps, ringtones and been setting up my phone the way we like it. Here's my dilemma:

We came from the Pearl 8100s and REALLY loved the calendar displaying the next couple of events/appts on the face (today theme?) and noticed that on the 8900 you can do this as well, depending on the theme.

I downloaded a theme with a line on the face for messages, and calendar, then apps at the bottom. Loving it! Then I set up my personal email and work email. This is where I noticed the conflict.

If I have it set to get my emails, there is no upcoming appts displayed (just the headers)...if I go into options and delete the "cical(s)" this frees up the calendar to display the upcoming events, but no email incoming. At the moment, I am choosing email > upcoming appts.

Can I have the best of both worlds? I would LOVE to get my personal and work email as well as have displayed on the face my upcoming appts.

I am sorry this is long, but I had to describe it....I hope it made sense.
    09-07-09 04:16 PM
    Not sure what it is you trying to describe as a problem... but here goes.

You can only get one email and calendar information to display on a Today+ theme... these are determined by the Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > CICAL and CMIME... set the email address of the one address you want displayed... I set both mine to my Gmail address and can see both on my theme.

If this is not the issue, then please describe... because I can't really make out what the issue is.
    09-07-09 04:22 PM
    hehe, thanks for reply fatboy!

You are very close to it, on the right track.

I have both my CICAL and CMIME set to my yahoo account (personal acct) at this time and am currently using a theme that does not have a today as part of the theme. I have a 2nd email (work email through City). At this time, with the non-today-based theme, I have an icon for my yahoo and a 2nd one for my work email.

When I do change to a theme (i.e. the iberry one, etc) that allows me to have message and calendar on its face, it will not show the upcoming appts, until I delete the CICALs (which I found that info on this site). Then I can see upcoming appts, but no emails.

Phew, ok when I had my 8100 I always inputted my appts manually on the phone (I know, I know, but I just never learned the whole outlook/phone sync thing).

I would love to be able to sync Outlook with my calendar on my 8900 (which my work uses). If I click on the calendar button, the appts are there, just not displayed underneath to be seen at a glance. This seems like I know what I want to say, just not sure how to say it.

Are you saying that I can put both my personal email and city (work) email in one email "folder" and then can have the appts showing?

Hope that wasn't more confusing... :P
    09-07-09 04:36 PM
    I think I understand what you are doing... not sure if iBerry is issue... maybe I should just explain how I do it with my Today+ Theme... I set both my CICAL and CMIME to my Gmail account... then I put my main Messages icon (I hide all my individual email Message icons) and Calendar icon on my home screen... when I go over my main Messages icon, which contains all of my email accounts, I see all my unread message at that time regardless of email address.

When I roll over the Calendar icon, I can only see the email address of the one that I set on my default CICAL... it will not display any other email calendars.

Also, after you change any settings in your Default Service I've seen where themes do not always see this change unless you do a battery pull: leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put it back in, wait for your device to boot up.
    09-07-09 04:48 PM
    ok, i just changed my cical to my work email (thinking that it may be related to the Outlook) and snagged a different today theme (Harley Davidson).

My appts are there if I click on the calendar icon, but no displayed underneath. I did a test entry and it showed underneath. So it seems that with a "good" theme, I can have them displayed when I put in appts from this time on. Seems like I need to sync the appts that I put in there from before and are good til well into next year.

I think it may be theme-related....
    09-07-09 05:10 PM
    it seems to be related to my work email account. when i try to incorporate that, i can see my messages, calendar appts and personal email, just not receive work emails....
    09-07-09 05:17 PM
    Basically, it seems that I have ALL my appts on my device default calendar. I deleted my yahoo email account, my work email account and facebook. So....now I can see ALL my stuff and it is listing the next three events on the face (like my old Pearl), but I don't have any emails or FB...
    09-07-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD