Everytime I've been downloading a theme lately, they don't show up in the theme selection. They only show up when I look at Options>Advanced Options>Applications. Any idea how to fix this? I'm running 8900/4.6.1.231.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 12:23 AM
    i'd like to know. i too had the same problem yesterday, trying to download 2 themes
    12-18-09 01:06 AM
    Its probably not formatted to fit ur OS after u download it and u don't see it do a battery pull it should work if not then the theme is just not fit for ur 0S no biggy and hope they put it for ur 0S lol

12-18-09 05:22 AM
    Themes MUST be created for your device and major OS version... there are some exceptions and in this case you must have one this way... so you need a theme created for an 8900 and for OS 4.6... if you are downloading something else it will not show.

If you're sure you have a theme that was created for your device and OS... then do a Battery Pull: leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, then put it back in and wait for your device to boot up... if it still did not show up in your Options > Theme list, then there is a problem with it and you should delete it from Options > Advanced Options > Applications.
    12-18-09 06:22 AM
    Okay, ill try a battery pull right now, and tell you if it works or not.

12-18-09 07:03 AM
    Yea it didn't show up again. And I've had the theme before it was for OS 4.X-5.0, like not more then a week ago. I don't know what's wrong in this case.

12-18-09 07:23 AM
    Then it won't work with ur OS sorry

12-18-09 07:28 AM
    You've been using it before or you just downloaded it??? And there is a big difference in OS versions between OS 4.anything and OS 5.0... and what OS is on your device right now??? You said you had OS 4.6.1.231... you did not download something for OS 5.0 did you???
    12-18-09 07:29 AM
    I've been using it before, and my friend who has an 8900 running 4.6 just downloaded the same theme, and it showed up for him. I don't know why not me. And no I didn't download something for 5.0 I've been using the theme before.

12-18-09 10:07 AM
    Delete it, battery pull again, download it again.
    12-18-09 10:15 AM
    Okay, let me try that real quick.

12-18-09 10:22 AM
    Nope, didn't work again. -___-

12-18-09 12:01 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my bold 9000, I'm currently using 5.0.0.411, I tried downloading a modern warfare theme that was for OS 5.0 but when I downloaded it, it wasn't showing up on my themes list, only on my applications list. I tried a battery pull and everything but it didn't work.

01-16-10 03:30 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my bold 9000, I'm currently using 5.0.0.411, I tried downloading a modern warfare theme that was for OS 5.0 but when I downloaded it, it wasn't showing up on my themes list, only on my applications list. I tried a battery pull and everything but it didn't work.

I'm not sure how many different ways I can say the same thing... if a theme does not show up in your Options > Themes list, then as you might guess there is probably something wrong with the theme... either the programmer made a mistake when they created the jad file, or linked to the wrong version of their theme, or etc, etc, etc... there are a number of variables in this.

I can create a theme for the 83xx series Curve and say it's built for the 8900 Curve... still will not make it work on the 8900 Curve, or the 9000 Bold.

If it doesn't show up... delete it... if you paid for it, contact the site and tell them.
    01-16-10 04:08 PM
    Im having the same problem after i reset my phone all the themes i had erased n after i tried downloading them again it still doesnt work. im running os5.0.0.348
    01-17-10 04:46 PM
    Are you using native blackberry browser to download it OTA? If you're not, do so.

01-17-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD