I have always hated the single ribbon of icons....I just want a full screen of oem icons without it always going back to the single row. I guess what I really want is the out of the box theme without that home screen waste of space.
    03-26-09 07:10 AM
    your wanting a theme that has "the main menu" on the home screen?
    03-26-09 09:09 AM
    I want a theme that includes only the main icons screen you get with the bb button. I want that as the default view...with no screen that goes to the ribbon of icons on the bottom (not sure what that is called) On the 80xx series this was referred to as an "icon" theme.
    03-26-09 09:46 AM
    I would love this as well!!!

Anybody know where this can be found?

Thanks.
    04-10-09 12:38 AM
    c_is_for_crackberry has a 24 icons theme here.
    24-icon-theme

The problem with the request is what does YOUR app screen look like. I have 9 icons (3x3 Grid layout). you'll have 16 is you are on a 4x4 layout.

But request an amount of icons, sure it will be made with the great theme makers we have in this forum.
    04-10-09 12:44 AM
    I would like a theme that looks exactly like my app screen does with the default loaded screen: it has 3 rows each with 6 icons and the application name is shown on the bottom.

Thanks!
    04-10-09 12:47 AM
    To clarify (since I'm not sure exactly what the limitations are when making these themes): what I was requesting, and what I think the original poster had in mind, was to get rid of that initial screen with the ribbon of icons on the bottom. Id like the only screen to be the screen that appears when clicking on the blackberry button (3 rows 6 icons in each row). Right now I find my self going to that screen so often that the start screen with the ribbon is useless to me.

Thanks again.
    04-10-09 12:54 AM
    Ok, here you all go.

Icon 6x3 Theme

04-10-09 02:23 AM
    xman...that is exactly what I wanted....and it looks like mrtolles has got it!
    04-10-09 11:25 AM
    tried it....still not quite what I want. Not to be picky......but it seems to retain the second apps screen in the precision form. I just want one screen with the standard precision zen format as the home screen....no other app screen. It would need to retain all the folders and such that are in my current apps screen as well. The 8300 had it and it was just called an "icon theme". Also not a fan of the wiggling icons.
    04-10-09 11:38 AM
    tried it....still not quite what I want. Not to be picky......but it seems to retain the second apps screen in the precision form. I just want one screen with the standard precision zen format as the home screen....no other app screen. It would need to retain all the folders and such that are in my current apps screen as well. The 8300 had it and it was just called an "icon theme". Also not a fan of the wiggling icons.

Hard to follow... the one posted earlier is about as close as you are doing to get. According to Plazmic the "icon" theme as 3 rows (up and down) and 6 colums(?) going left and right.... that is what the one posted above is... are you wanting a "Icon" that looks just like the 8300 for the 8900?
    04-10-09 12:12 PM
    from what i think i understand, you are looking to REMOVE the app screen all together? improbable. that is part of the OS. I can however add more icons to the theme and make them scroll. There would be a limit of the amount of icons that will be there, but it will then at least be closer to the app screen. But completely removing the app screen or the home screen is something i do not believe can be done for the 8900.

The wiggle is to better help identify what icon you are on as third party icons do not show correctly. I can always remove them for a different version. I also plan on adding the black underlay to the home screen icons and a couple other small improvements.

Any other ideas, i am more then welcome to them and will try my best to make it happen.
    04-10-09 12:48 PM
    I will try to be more descriptive:
    On the 8300, there was a theme where you could just have a full screen of icons (like berry's of old). When you clicked the bb button, nothing would happen...you could scroll if you have more than would fit on the screen. I think the theme determined if there were a home screen and an app screen. In the plazmic tool I saw reference to doing that in the help...but being a noob on the tool I have no idea where to start.

Moving to the 8900, I love the look of the standard precision icons, but there is no way to just have the this full screen of icons (6 wide and scrolling) without always defaulting to the home screen ribbon....so I am always having to hit the bb button to go to the app screen where I have everything laid out and foldered where needed. I use a wide variety of stuff at any time so the ribbon is just in the way. If the app and home screen were the same, then that would achieve the same end I guess because you wouldn't see the switch.

The next question is how to get the new home screen full of icons to honor the layout and nesting of the app screen?

I think the key is a builder function that makes the home screen the app screen.
    04-10-09 01:49 PM
    ok, found it in the builder help....it says:

Customizing the Application Icons screen (section title)
    The application icons screen is included with all theme types: it is the Home screen layout for the Icon theme type, and is the Application Menu screen for the Zen, Today, and Custom theme types.

This is why the themes that did this on the 8310 were called "icon themes"
    04-10-09 01:54 PM
    I will look in to theme builders help, see if i can remove the home screen.

If not, then i am advanced enough to making scrolling icons on the home screen. Can you tell me how many Rows of icons you have in your app screen?
    04-10-09 01:57 PM
    ok, found it in the builder help....it says:

Customizing the Application Icons screen (section title)
    The application icons screen is included with all theme types: it is the Home screen layout for the Icon theme type, and is the Application Menu screen for the Zen, Today, and Custom theme types.

This is why the themes that did this on the 8310 were called "icon themes"
    Ok, in Theme builder, 9500, 9000 and 8900 series does NOT have an option for a Icon theme. All other series do have that option. Maybe it will be there in a later release, but is is NOT possible with Plazmic 4.7 and 8900, 9500 or 9000 series. Sorry.
    04-10-09 02:13 PM
    I have 4 full rows....but don't they expand as needed?
    04-10-09 02:21 PM
    They do expand as needed in the application screen.

I asked b/c i have to tell the theme how man icons to use. I THINK that if i tell the theme to use 30 icons and you only have 27, then it will still work just fine, but i wanted a starting point to see how many icons to use. There will be a limit but it will be as close as i can get with the 8900 not having an Icon theme. I'll start with 30 icons, that will be 5 rows worth. Maybe i'll do more, well see.
    04-10-09 02:31 PM
    I still think there is an option to set a theme as an "icon" theme where the home screen behaves like the application screen so you don't have to fuss with making the home screen behave the same way.
    04-10-09 02:34 PM
    sorry...just saw your clarification on the home screen option....I will no longer question it!!
    04-10-09 02:36 PM
    sorry...just saw your clarification on the home screen option....I will no longer question it!!
    lol, that's good because i was thinking "WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME!!!!! " HA-HA

I can see where this feature is very useful so hopefully it will be included in the next version of Plazmic. Well it is in this version, so i guess i hope that it can be supported on the newer models.
    04-10-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD