View Poll Results: What is the most important function?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weather app icon on home screen

7 30.43%
  • Wallpaper friendly layout

13 56.52%
  • Clickable battery/signal/clock icons

1 4.35%
  • Hidden today area

12 52.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Hi all,
    I am about to start designing a set of themes using photos that i have taken.
    I am a glamour photographer and so the themes will al be fairly "sexy".

Each theme will be based around an individual girl, with different photos being used for each of the various screens and some photos being shot specifically for use in the themes.

To start out with, all the themes will be for the 8900 as that's the device that I have, but once I know that the theme works and people are happy with it, I will make it available to other BB's.

I would like some help designing these as I want to ensure that the functionality is exactly what people want.
    I am happy to create multiple versions to cover things like the inclusion of weather icons and hidden today areas, but I would want the core functionality to be the same across all versions.

Once the themes are ready, I will make sure that all the people that help design the theme & test it get a copy, I will also make sure that at least 1 version from each girl is available for free here on CrackBerry.

So, let me know if you have any ideas, functional requirements etc...
    11-04-09 04:05 AM
    Would love to see the pics you will use

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 04:53 AM
    Yes, one of the first thing I will be doing is uploading some sample wallpapers.
    For obvious reasons they will have a heavy watermark/logo but in the theme or wallpaper pack, they will be logo/watermark free.

11-04-09 05:10 AM
    I have tried many themes and many walpapers, but eventually I have removed all of them and I have reverted to one of the oldest 8900 themes posted on this forum, created by mrtolles. It is no longer available on this forum.

I prefer usability above all. Therefore no hidden today features but messages and calendar entries permanently on the home screen. If you want to hide them, just press "lock". Profiles is a must, I like to turn the BB ringer off (but not the phone) when I am in meetings. No wallpaper with a picture, it adds nothing and tends to make the today entries less readable. I created a neutral wallpaper myself. No weather icon, I have a room with a view. No QuickLaunch, I have all icons with the BB core applications on the home screen. The other ones I rarely use.

Do you intend to go premium?
    11-04-09 05:26 AM
    Lot to address in the post...
    Premium - No, I will never charge for these themes.
    At least 1 version per girl will be available on crackberry as a way of saying thank you during develppment.
    The additional themes will be available from the girls web sites (for free).

Wallpaper - It will be hard to have a wallpaper with no picture as the main attraction of these themes is going to be the girls.
    As such, these themes will probably have a hidden today area rather than a fixed today area.

Profile - At the moment I think I am going to be including it as it's something that a lot of people use.
    My gut feeling is that it will not include a weather or quicklaunch icon if people want it to be wallpaper friendly.

11-04-09 05:37 AM
    Looks like the hidden today area is a popular choice.

I just got off the phone with a few people and it looks like I now have 6 girls 100% confirmed for this and 4 that I am waiting for.
    I also have a friend that is going to help out with the button design if he has time.

I am going to get some sample wallpapers up in the next 8 hours

11-04-09 09:04 AM
    I'd definitely say that you should have a minimal theme, at least a version that's minimal. Just a few slim buttons on the bottom, like system ii, being that you'll want to show off the wallpaper. Maybe just have 3 or 4 programable buttons on the front.

Edit: I think bold colors would go well with the glamour theme as well. Deep reds would look really nice.
    Last edited by Prozart; 11-04-09 at 11:14 AM.
    11-04-09 11:11 AM
    Yes, as I think about it more and more I am leaning towards a minimal theme.

Depending on the photos that get used in the themes, I was thinking that the buttons will be dark to fit the dark and sexy feeling on the theme, or they will match the colour of the underwear/props in the image.
    11-05-09 03:43 AM
    Look at the clearly tabbed theme thread. That is very wp friendly. Unfortunately themes with icons that are big enuf to see easily take up screenroom. Hidden today is pretty standard now, fixed today is pretty much out.
    11-05-09 11:30 AM
    I'm soo happy you're doing this, but i was wondring if you could make some cool icons too.
    I'm not just looking voor a nice wallpaper I love funny or special icons.
    So if tou could make that i would be very happy!
    X0X0

11-09-09 06:54 AM
    Hi mizzig,
    I am planning on having custom buttons with this theme.
    For the first version I will look to have some buttons from one of the free sites but then once I know the functionality is perfect, I will have some 100% custom buttons included in each theme.

11-09-09 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD