So I have a theme that I cannot get rid of. It shows up in the list of themes, but not the applications (I've checked hundreds of times..its really not listed in my applications, folks). I figured I would have to use DM to delete it so when I went to do that, it didn't appear there either! So I was curious as to what the next step would be to get rid of this stubborn theme. Oh, and numerous battery pulls didn't work either.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide me with!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 03:24 AM
    Reload your os

10-30-09 04:28 AM
    Try a battery pull first.
    10-30-09 05:18 AM
    I had this happen one time and it was in apps but under a different name. Only way I found it was to view properties on it
    10-30-09 05:21 AM
    Battery pull first!!!
    10-30-09 06:58 AM
    I've done multiple battery pulls..that didn't resolve it. I'll definitely check the properties on it. Is reloading the os really the only way though if all else fails?

Edit: there was no option for me to view properties. it gives me an option to activate though

I went through Applications a hundred times..there's nothing it *might* be. All my applications listed under Applications are familiar and I know what they are.
    Last edited by ucsdgirl04; 10-30-09 at 12:41 PM.
    10-30-09 12:36 PM
    What is the theme? If it is a carrier theme, you might be out of luck.
    10-30-09 12:44 PM
    I had a similar problem once, theme deleted from my app list but still showing under Themes.

I eventually found a rogue service book for it, and when I deleted that... the theme disappeared.

Try searching your service books and see if there's anything there relating to the theme.

10-30-09 01:01 PM
    If it really bothers you... backup your personal info with DM and your 3rd party apps using the 3rd party app backup in my signature below... then either reload your current OS or upgrade... I like .310 since I downloaded it a few weeks ago.

I like using CrackMem to Wipe my device... when you have your OS loaded on your PC when you select that OS and click the Wipe button it will wipe your device and load the OS totally clean... then you can reload what you want from your DM backup and 3rd party apps.
    10-30-09 01:34 PM
    What is the theme? If it is a carrier theme, you might be out of luck.
    Its an iberry bottom dock. Definitely not stock

10-30-09 03:51 PM
    If it really bothers you... backup your personal info with DM and your 3rd party apps using the 3rd party app backup in my signature below... then either reload your current OS or upgrade... I like .310 since I downloaded it a few weeks ago.

I like using CrackMem to Wipe my device... when you have your OS loaded on your PC when you select that OS and click the Wipe button it will wipe your device and load the OS totally clean... then you can reload what you want from your DM backup and 3rd party apps.
    Ok! Thank you I figured an OS reload would solve the problem but I was curious if there was something else to try. Reloading the OS was sorta a last resort for me

10-30-09 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD