yeah is there anyway I can get this for me 8330? This is a must have!
    07-08-09 04:41 AM
    I wont post screenshots or anything until you verify that it's working well.

This is the first time I did the non-hidden today version.

Try it out: OTA Test BlackberryBliss Non-Hidden Today - Messages and Calendar
    Thank you Danny!

First thing I notice is the home screen icons aren't quite right. The order of icons on the home screen doesn't quite match up with the first row on the full icon screen.

I have a couple other thoughts for tweaks that would make me like it better, but nothing else jumping out yet that I would consider a bug or anything like that. Should I make suggestions/requests, or would that be annoying?

Also, I did say something earlier about sending some money. You have an address for paypal, by chance? No obligation on your part, of course, but I figure maybe a few bucks would encourage further development.
    07-08-09 08:30 AM
    DannieCoco has no problem with you making suggestions/request. Lol

If he doesn't want/cant do it he will be straight up with you!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 08:34 AM
    Great theme...i wil be rockin this for a while
    07-08-09 09:52 AM
    DannieCoco has no problem with you making suggestions/request. Lol

If he doesn't want/cant do it he will be straight up with you!!
    I just don't want to come off like some a*hole who thinks he's entitled to free stuff without even showing some appreciation.
    07-08-09 09:59 AM
    This theme is... Yeah, I'd nearly consider picking up an 8900 for my backup just to use this... Awesome work, I gotta share this one with the folks I work with.
    07-08-09 10:10 AM
    You like how I answered for Mr Coco right there??? Lol

07-08-09 10:46 AM
    You like how I answered for Mr Coco right there??? Lol
    Maybe Danny will give you his password so you can totally answer stuff on his behalf. ;-)
    07-08-09 10:51 AM
    Hahahah.... Yeah DannieCoco post you password here!

07-08-09 10:54 AM
    loll... danniecoco has me rolling.

yah man, give me suggestions! Im ready to work !
    07-08-09 11:30 AM
    This is really nice.

Thanks a lot Danny, much appreciated.
    07-08-09 12:14 PM
    Is there anyway i can rename the apps before downloading so that i can have the hidden and non-hidden versions on the phone at the same time? Only got the phone yesterday so still getting used to it!

Thanks
    07-08-09 12:23 PM
    Great theme. i've been using it since weather added.

Only one issue. It doesn't seem to respond appropriately to alarm settings. The icon stays on frequently (until a reboot) when the alarm is turned off. It also only comes across as a quarter clock on the main icon page.

other than that, good job.
    07-08-09 12:26 PM
    yah man, give me suggestions! Im ready to work !
    Okay, here's are some suggestions / wish-list items for the non-hidden Today version:

1) [already mentioned] Order of icons on the home screen doesn't quite match up with the first row on the full icon screen.

2) The font for message-headers on the home screen is a little too small for me. Could you possibly make it a little bigger? If it needs to be just 2 messages instead of 3, I'm fine with that.

3) I think the red text for "Messages" and "Calendar" on the home screen is a little hard to read. Could that simply be white instead?

4) Having a Weather icon all the way at the top would be great, but of course we have to figure out where there is room for it. To that end...

Given the non-hidden Today screen, the number of unread messages is always shown on the line with the "Messages" Today info -- so I don't think there is any need for the unread messages indicator up at the top. Know what I mean? How about getting rid of that indicator at the top, and using that space for a Weather icon?

Pushing my luck with more on wish #4, I wonder if we could rearrange the top section a bit, somehow having the Profile icon all the way in top-right corner, and a Weather icon all the way on the top-left.

That's all I've got for now. Thanks again! I'm still wondering about a way to send you a few bucks.
    Last edited by dermanj; 07-08-09 at 12:32 PM.
    07-08-09 12:29 PM
    Cilantro is his agent when FBR isn't here to answer all questions within 5 mins of the post.

07-08-09 01:05 PM
    ^ lol.. all good though, he knows what he's talking about.

Dermanj, I got a fix coming shortly - working on it now
    07-08-09 01:13 PM
    Dermanj, I got a fix coming shortly - working on it now
    This is really great of you to do this. Hey, if you ever need help with an Oracle project, I'm all over it! ;-)
    07-08-09 01:18 PM
    This is really great of you to do this. Hey, if you ever need help with an Oracle project, I'm all over it! ;-)
    Hey try now! the same Test link as above

http://www.xo-photos.com/dannieloco/...berryBliss.jad

Report ur findings!
    07-08-09 01:29 PM
    Okay, here's are some suggestions / wish-list items for the non-hidden Today version:

1) [already mentioned] Order of icons on the home screen doesn't quite match up with the first row on the full icon screen.

2) The font for message-headers on the home screen is a little too small for me. Could you possibly make it a little bigger? If it needs to be just 2 messages instead of 3, I'm fine with that.

3) I think the red text for "Messages" and "Calendar" on the home screen is a little hard to read. Could that simply be white instead?

4) Having a Weather icon all the way at the top would be great, but of course we have to figure out where there is room for it. To that end...

Given the non-hidden Today screen, the number of unread messages is always shown on the line with the "Messages" Today info -- so I don't think there is any need for the unread messages indicator up at the top. Know what I mean? How about getting rid of that indicator at the top, and using that space for a Weather icon?

Pushing my luck with more on wish #4, I wonder if we could rearrange the top section a bit, somehow having the Profile icon all the way in top-right corner, and a Weather icon all the way on the top-left.

That's all I've got for now. Thanks again! I'm still wondering about a way to send you a few bucks.
    Danny,

Looks like you fixed #1 and #3.

I think #2 is still an issue (font is very small on the 3 messages and 2 calendar items). Can you make that font a little bigger, going to 2 messages instead of 3 if space is needed? If a little more space is needed, I think the font size for the "Messages" and "Calender" headings don't need to be quite as big as they are now (e.g., I think the headings and the items could be the same size; headings a little smaller than now, items a little larger).

As to #4, I think a weather icon is great, but would it be possible to put it up at the top, like on the same level as the profile icon? Also, instead of making the text appear right under the Weather icon, could you have the text appear in the normal "application name" position -- that would be centered, just above the row of icons at the bottom?
    07-08-09 02:36 PM
    Ok, I made the fonts much bigger now and lowered the entries to 2. As for putting the weather icon on the top, Plazmic isnt letting me do that. I removed the text from the weather icon so that it only shows in "application name".

OTA test link is updated.
    07-08-09 03:39 PM
    Ok, I made the fonts much bigger now and lowered the entries to 2. As for putting the weather icon on the top, Plazmic isnt letting me do that. I removed the text from the weather icon so that it only shows in "application name".

OTA test link is updated.
    Font size seems very good now!

As for the Weather icon, if we can't get it up on top (bummer), could you move it down a little, to the right of the calendar stuff (so it's not stepping on the message item subjects)? Also, might it be possible to keep the Weather icon highlighted or outlined or something when you're on it? Know what I mean?
    07-08-09 04:19 PM
    Font size seems very good now!

As for the Weather icon, if we can't get it up on top (bummer), could you move it down a little, to the right of the calendar stuff (so it's not stepping on the message item subjects)? Also, might it be possible to keep the Weather icon highlighted or outlined or something when you're on it? Know what I mean?
    Come to think of it, maybe better than lowering the Weather icon, could it be raised up just a little higher, to the right of the unread message count, I guess (so it's not on top of the message item subject)? Not sure if there's enough room. I guess I'm thinking as far as possible to the upper right corner. If that can't fit, then I'm back to wondering about putting it down below -- just about the last icon in the regular row, I guess (sorry, I'm just not sure what would be good here).
    Last edited by dermanj; 07-08-09 at 04:28 PM.
    07-08-09 04:24 PM
    I like the changes, but the something definitely needs to be done with the weather icon. My feeling is the opposite of what dermanj is stating, because I ALWAYS have items in my calendar, but I don't always have unread messages.

Where it is now, means that some of my calendar items are always covered up by the weather icon.
    07-08-09 05:25 PM
    I like the changes, but the something definitely needs to be done with the weather icon. My feeling is the opposite of what dermanj is stating, because I ALWAYS have items in my calendar, but I don't always have unread messages.
    You are correct. I was wrong when suggesting the Weather icon be lowered next to the Calendar area. I was thinking that space would be available only because I happened to be looking at some calendar items with very short descriptions.

My latest suggestion, however, still stands: That is, move the Weather icon as far as possible to the upper-right corner, hopefull so that it is not blocking any message items.

Of course, what I would *really* like is to move the Weather icon up in the very top, same level as the Profile icon -- but Danny says Plazmic won't let him do that.
    07-08-09 06:02 PM
    Danny: On the Non-Hidden Today version, I just noticed the missed-call-count indicator seems to be missing from the home screen. Perhaps that indicator goes hand-in-hand with the unread-message-count indicator (in which case, I guess we need that up there).
    07-08-09 06:07 PM
964 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD