View Poll Results: How many of you use the Weather slot?

Voters
444. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I use it

291 65.54%
  • No I do not need it

153 34.46%
    can anyone post a screenshot with the weather icon in its slot? my weatherbug still only has the temp with the lady bug! i'm over it. haha. i uninstalled and reinstalled weatherbug direct 2x and the same result. how can i get the cool weather icon?
    05-18-09 04:20 PM
    I don't use the weather thingy, since weather bug direct doesn't seem to work as expected on the 8900. But I don't think it's necessary to do an extra build without the slot, since you can replace it with something else, like the profiles as I did (and chuckhuber did so too ), so it's not a 'wasted spot' in my opinion and keeps the theme somewhat flexible

Greetz,
    kickapoo
    Last edited by kickapoo; 05-18-09 at 05:10 PM.
    05-18-09 05:07 PM
    yah I hear you.. but I rather have a screen where my wallpaper shows through better. that icon is needless for me and takes up space...

its all preference here.
    05-18-09 05:10 PM
    yah I hear you.. but I rather have a screen where my wallpaper shows through better. that icon is needless for me and takes up space...

its all preference here.
    yeah, you're right, didn't think of that since I stuck with the default wallpaper, but with other wallpapers this can be an issue of course. In another theme I used a 'Punisher' Wallpaper (showing this typical skull on the right side of the display' and so the weather bug or whatever you place in that spot would be right in its face, although that might look funny somehow....

Very well then, I'm curious what there is to come in upcoming versions of this theme, it's really nice and is on the best way to become my favourite, at least for now

Greetz,
    kickapoo
    05-18-09 05:17 PM
    So two things I noticed.... if you scroll left quickly while the calendar items are on the screen it will allow you to access the today items (or if you have the calendar set as the far left item).

Also the profiles do not show up when you go into the menu item for them... black on black, they only show up when you highlight them.

Otherwise I like this theme!!
    05-19-09 08:30 AM
    I might be all over this when it is in blue. The red doesn't do much for me.

- I'd like to be able to scroll up to the weather app
    - It would be nice if you could scroll to the messages, calendar items, etc on the home screen
    - If you scroll past the far right or left icon (off the screen), it would be nice if the cursor moved to the icon at the opposite end. I.e. if you scroll right on the far right icon, the next selection should be the far left icon
    - the scrolling issue that ClintRO mentions above is awkward. Why not allow scrolling UP to access the individual list items?

All in all, well done, very nice theme
    05-19-09 09:23 AM
    The theme is excellent. Icons are very clear, everything is very organized and overall it's very nice. I'm half half about the weather tab, sometimes I want it there, other times I don't depending on what background I use. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the other colors.
    05-19-09 09:29 AM
    Great theme cant wait to see more
    05-19-09 09:49 AM
    I might be all over this when it is in blue. The red doesn't do much for me.

- I'd like to be able to scroll up to the weather app
    - It would be nice if you could scroll to the messages, calendar items, etc on the home screen
    - If you scroll past the far right or left icon (off the screen), it would be nice if the cursor moved to the icon at the opposite end. I.e. if you scroll right on the far right icon, the next selection should be the far left icon
    - the scrolling issue that ClintRO mentions above is awkward. Why not allow scrolling UP to access the individual list items?

All in all, well done, very nice theme
    Would have to disagree with the bolded point above... I hate it when the cursor scrolls around

I like to scroll left or right and reach the end of the menu bar. I put my most used apps on the ends
    05-19-09 10:17 AM
    Do you put the weather icon in the #7 slot? And do the items in the banner unhide anything like they do with the Storm version (ie the scrolling to the time will bring up the clock, etc)? I thought that was cool, I set/change my clock a lot but don't want it on the homescreen (I use QuickLaunch--he's working on an update somewhere).
    Last edited by thebignewt; 05-19-09 at 12:59 PM.
    05-19-09 12:52 PM
    Scrolling issues have been addressed in new build. Re-download
    05-19-09 07:19 PM
    Thanks Nate!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 08:13 PM
    Is it just me or is the scrolling backwards? When I scroll down it jumps up to the weather app.

05-19-09 08:24 PM
    downloaded this theme and it's awesome.

quick question tho regarding the weatherbug app. when i downloaded this app and put it in the designated spot on the theme it doesn't show the clouds or sun, etc. it just gives me the temp surrounded by a lady bug. so how can i get the cool weather icon that changes with the weather?

I use WeatherEye
    05-19-09 08:33 PM
    Is it just me or is the scrolling backwards? When I scroll down it jumps up to the weather app.

Yes, Scrolling down jumps to the weather slot. Up to today calendar. Left right advances to next icon.
    05-19-09 08:39 PM
    Natemz:

Very nice theme!! Is there anyway you can make scrolling up to the calendar entries from the home screen?
    Uhh...u CAN do that already
    Just scroll to the right PAST ur last icon
    05-19-09 08:42 PM
    Blue version added
    05-19-09 08:45 PM
    AHH.. I see. yeah I could see the maintenance being a pain.

O well, i cant win em all. It seems more people would prefer the weather icon, I might have to add that feature to my themes..
    Yea so do it!!!
    ahahahaha....**** head
    you better be watching the game right now too...GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!
    05-19-09 08:52 PM
    can anyone post a screenshot with the weather icon in its slot? my weatherbug still only has the temp with the lady bug! i'm over it. haha. i uninstalled and reinstalled weatherbug direct 2x and the same result. how can i get the cool weather icon?
    There's a pic of mine on the 1st page!!
    05-19-09 08:53 PM
    Yes, Scrolling down jumps to the weather slot. Up to today calendar. Left right advances to next icon.
    SOMEBODY'S irritated with that right now....but i'm not naming names
    05-19-09 08:55 PM
    I updated the theme with some user suggestions. Let me know if its better.
    The OG wayy is the bomb....don't listen to these peeps...specially Danny
    05-19-09 09:00 PM
    I dont use the weather lol.. I live in LA, weather is great all the time..

isnt it an easy mod? why cant there be an ota for each version?
    BlahBlahBlah...it's all about YOU!!!
    05-19-09 09:01 PM
    BlahBlahBlah...it's all about YOU!!!
    lol.,. roxxx. them lakers gotta step it up. I hate seeing them trailing.

ps. you're such a CB SL**.lol.. ttyl

pss. put that avatar up.. the guys wanna see that bod of yours.
    05-19-09 09:09 PM
    lol.,. roxxx. them lakers gotta step it up. I hate seeing them trailing.

ps. you're such a CB SL**.lol.. ttyl

pss. put that avatar up.. the guys wanna see that bod of yours.
    UR A JACKAZZ
    and i thought I was the CB HoodRat?? LMFAO
    05-19-09 09:11 PM
    UR A JACKAZZ
    and i thought I was the CB HoodRat?? LMFAO
    oh yeah.. got it confused.

Hey Im back to the game.. text u later.
    05-19-09 09:16 PM
193 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD